• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorJoep
    • CommentTimeApr 9th 2009
    http://www.soundtrackcollector.com/cata … ieid=50494

I'm looking for the artwork....

Great composer btw wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeApr 9th 2009 edited
    Indeed. He's one of my favourites. I met him at a film music conference I was participating in last year. Cool guy too. He has some absolutely gorgeous themes on his resume - PELLE THE CONQUEROR, SKJÆRGÅRDSDOKTOREN, JIM OG PIRATERNA BLOM etc.

His wonderful "Gabriela's Song" from SÅSOM I HIMMELEN has become a choir staple over here, a deserved hit:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Hs9ck1aal8
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorJoep
    • CommentTimeApr 10th 2009 edited
    Pelle Erobreren's theme is unforgettable.

Så Som I Himmelen is rather good, but not my favourite score. I reckon you own the Normal records release? Did you know there are two releases, one with and one without few bonus tracks?
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeApr 10th 2009
    Joep wrote
    Pelle Erobreren's theme is unforgettable.

Så Som I Himmelen is rather good, but not my favourite score. I reckon you own the Normal records release? Did you know there areall two releases, one with and one without few bonus tracks?

Actually I didn't know that, no.

Do you have his Film Music compilation, btw?
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorJoep
    You can find it on ebay.

01 Winter landscape
    02 Gabriella’s Song
    03 The Power plant
    04 Amazing Grace
    05 Härlig är Jorden
    06 Fly with me (Lena’s song)
    07 Bach Sonata Nr 1 G-Moll,BWV 1001, Presto
    08 Daniel and Lena
    09 a) Choir Power, b) The Party (Oops)
    10 Bach Sonata Nr. 1 G-moll, BWV 1001 Adagio
    11 Lena’s Piano
    12 The Goodbye
    13 The breath of Amor
    14 As it is in Heaven
    15 Gabriella’s Piano
    16. Lena's Song (Filmversion / Bonus-Track) *
    17. Gabriella's Song (Filmversion / Bonus-Track) *

No, I don't have his film music compilation, but I really would like having it wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeApr 10th 2009 edited
    Hey, Joep, knowing your interest in non-mainstream and non-Hollywood scores, perhaps this little sampler of mine would be of interest to you?:

http://www.celluloidtunes.net/non-websi … 0Music.JPG

It also has a couple of Nilsson themes (even though, obviously, he's not Norwegian, he worked on the Swedish-Norwegian co-production SKJÆRGÅRDSDOKTOREN...and in a sense, PELLE EROBREREN is also a pan-Scandinavian production, so I included that as well)

Anyways, send me a PM!
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorJoep
    Sounds promising.
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    • CommentTimeApr 12th 2009
    A shame this genius is so underreleased. I suspect he would be in my top5 of all-time favorite composers if only I had more music by him. But with only 4 albums I can't really place him that high.

Do you guys know of other releases than "Pelle Erobreren", "Filmmusik", "En sang for Martin" and "Såsom i himmelen"?

Peter smile
    • CommentAuthorJoep
    No, I think that's it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    plindboe wrote
    A shame this genius is so underreleased. I suspect he would be in my top5 of all-time favorite composers if only I had more music by him. But with only 4 albums I can't really place him that high.

Do you guys know of other releases than "Pelle Erobreren", "Filmmusik", "En sang for Martin" and "Såsom i himmelen"?

Peter smile

I've also seen a release (promo?) of JERUSALEM in record stores, but it's many years ago now.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorJoep
    • CommentTimeJan 26th 2015
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJun 26th 2021
    Stefan Nilsson deserves more love. He hasn't been that active in recent years, but I still consider him among the top 3 of Nordic film composers. If you do not own the aforementioned compilation, do yourself a favour and get it/play it immediately.
    I am extremely serious.