• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeApr 15th 2009 edited
    My vote has to go to golf courses. Perfectly landscaped, full of lakes and sand traps, and the grass it cut near daily so it always has that lovely smell to it. Plus there's the bonus of finding golf balls, the rakes around the sand pits, and other assorted things to hurl at power lines that always seem to be close by.

Granted I've never played a game of golf in my life, but I've probably been on a course more than some players.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeApr 15th 2009
    A golf course is probably the LAST place I wanna be when I'm drunk and in a party mood. Unless I want to sleep on the lawn, of course.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeApr 15th 2009
    But aside from the party, a golf course is the ideal place when it gets to that point in the night where you just leave with a few people and start the path of destruction!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeApr 16th 2009
    Anthony wrote
    But aside from the party, a golf course is the ideal place when it gets to that point in the night where you just leave with a few people and start the path of destruction!!

You get a destructive vibe when you're drunk, do ya?
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    In bed next to a glass of water with some aspirin.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Yelling at people from cars and now vandalism!? I'd recommend leaving drink alone Anthony.

As for golf courses, I agree with the famous quote that it's 'a nice walk ruinned'.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Steven has the proper idea. smile
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    My vote is for Right Here!
    Writing up deeply insightful, powerfully emotional, personal posts on breakfast foodstuffs and underappreciated TV themes from your youth.

Of course the really good part is when you revisit that post the day after, and desperately try to make sense out of what you wrote (and edit for incomprehensible spelling errors, incredible typing mistakes and flabbergasting interpunction that somehow eluded you the first time around)
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    My vote is for Right Here!
    Writing up deeply insightful, powerfully emotional, personal posts on breakfast foodstuffs and underappreciated TV themes from your youth.

Of course the really good part is when you revisit that post the day after, and desperately try to make sense out of what you wrote (and edit for incomprehensible spelling errors, incredible typing mistakes and flabbergasting interpunction that somehow eluded you the first time around)

Martijn has nailed me.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    I was just thinking that we just had a thread about drinking. Why did Anthony start a new one? Of all people he should know better.
    thread police
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    sdtom wrote
    I was just thinking that we just had a thread about drinking. Why did Anthony start a new one? Of all people he should know better.
    thread police

Here's the explanation Tom biggrin

Anthony

cheesy
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    :pawel:

Excellent!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    cheesy
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Love that guy. biggrin
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeApr 16th 2009 edited
    Paul Whitehouse is a comic genius.

p.s. check out the one titled 'Sad Story'....incredible moving and powerful.

HERE
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Can't STAND Paul Whitehouse...too much of the Catherine Tate thing going on (the same sketch, complete with "funny accent" over and over and over and OVER again), but I do remember this one.
    It's one of the best examples I've seen of putting a twist on a theme and of emotional manipulation, but even aside from that it's a monument of perfection: it is SO well acted, but more than that: so exquisitely well timed.

This little sketch should become textbook mandatory study for anyone contemplating doing drama, either acting, directing or writing.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    Can't STAND Paul Whitehouse...too much of the Catherine Tate thing going on (the same sketch, complete with "funny accent" over and over and over and OVER again), but I do remember this one.
    It's one of the best examples I've seen of putting a twist on a theme and of emotional manipulation, but even aside from that it's a monument of perfection: it is SO well acted, but more than that: so exquisitely well timed.

This little sketch should become textbook mandatory study for anyone contemplating doing drama, either acting, directing or writing.

Well said and I agree.

As for Catherine Tate ( some of which does make me laugh ), she ain't a patch on Whitehouse whose material she's nicked wholesale.

And where would the brilliant Harry Enfield be without Whitehouse?