• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeApr 30th 2009 edited
    I would appreciate some help here....

I'm running a pop quiz soon and want to include two audio rounds of 10 questions each. How do I go about ripping 30 second clips to CD?

Thanks in advance wave
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeApr 30th 2009
    Use the free Audacity program you can download here:

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

Import your MP3 track into Audacity: File; Open; [your file]
    Choose the section you want: In the top left corner, click the button that looks like a Roman 'I', then select the part of the track you want.
    Copy it and then open a new project: File; new
    Then paste that section into that track. If you want to add effects (like fade in and fade out), select either the whole section or perhaps just a few seconds at the start or end, go to 'Effects; Fade in/Fade out'.
    Once you've done that, export the clip as an MP3: File; Export section as MP3

Save all the clips into a particular folder. Then, open that folder in whatever media player you use and burn onto a CDR.

I hope that helps! It's a lot easier than I make it sound. wink
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeApr 30th 2009
    Crystal clear cool

Thanks Steven, I'll let you know how it goes smile beer
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  1. Audacity is also nice for recording streaming music. And you can get additional plug-ins to do other things with it.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMay 1st 2009
    Steven wrote
    Use the free Audacity program you can download here:

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

Import your MP3 track into Audacity: File; Open; [your file]
    Choose the section you want: In the top left corner, click the button that looks like a Roman 'I', then select the part of the track you want.
    Copy it and then open a new project: File; new
    Then paste that section into that track. If you want to add effects (like fade in and fade out), select either the whole section or perhaps just a few seconds at the start or end, go to 'Effects; Fade in/Fade out'.
    Once you've done that, export the clip as an MP3: File; Export section as MP3

Save all the clips into a particular folder. Then, open that folder in whatever media player you use and burn onto a CDR.

I hope that helps! It's a lot easier than I make it sound. wink

Thanks a lot Steven, it worked fine.

When we finally meet one day the first beer is on me cool beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeMay 1st 2009
    Easiest earned beer ever! cheesy beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeMay 2nd 2009
    Make sure you make a couple of them tough!!!!
    listen to more classical music!
  2. Adjust the settings, though. Audacity doesn't come with audio setting at top qaulity (set below DVD qaulity audio). Click PReferences, under Edit and take a look.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.