• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeMay 12th 2009
    Has anyone else tried out the iphone app that identifies music simply by placing it near a speaker?

I tried with several soundtracks I knew were available on iTunes and it was pretty impressive and got 3/5. shocked
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    Anthony wrote
    Has anyone else tried out the iphone app that identifies music simply by placing it near a speaker?

I tried with several soundtracks I knew were available on iTunes and it was pretty impressive and got 3/5. shocked

Now don't use it for the Guess the Score games, 'kay? From now on, all iPhone users will be disqualified!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    What a great idea! I wonder if it would work... biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeMay 12th 2009 edited
    Let's see how much he recognises? We can now compete against the iPhone! biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    So basically it should use its internal database of material that is confirmed to be available at iTunes, and it STILL only gets 60%?

I'm not too concerned about the competition. biggrin (If I'd ever actually played, that is shame)
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    What are we talking about, please?
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    An iPhone application that recognises music.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Vile decadence and youthful exuberance, Tom.
    The end of an era and the just deserts for the hubris of a lost generation.
    History has a way of getting even.

Remember the dinosaur.
    That's all I'm saying.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Thanks Steven smile
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMay 13th 2009
    Hate to be the party pooper but what's the point in all that? Don't get me wrong, i am planning on getting my own iPhone too 'cause i've been seeing and using it a bit lately at a friend's and loved it, but that's definitely one of the features i'd place in the "iCrap" bin wink
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Why not go for another touchscreenthen, D.?
    The options and possibilities are the same, but you don't get to pay extra for the privilege of the Apple brand name!

The reason why I finally opted for another one is firstly that I found the touchscreen annoying and prefered a qwerty input (but that's obviously down to personal requirements), but more importantly that the iPhone is on its return: many users have now finished with the gadgets, which are fun, and don't think the phone is very much special indeed

Compared to Symbian based smart phones it's in fact quite lumbering!
    I'd strongly suggest doing some research before you buy! (I took a leisurely 8 weeks looking, checking and comparing...and it sure paid off!)
    •  
      CommentAuthorRian
    It doesn't only recognize what's on iTunes. It's actually the same engine as the one behind those phone numbers that tell you the song name by SMS. And it's pretty handy during music quizzes. biggrin
    What do you hear? Nothing but the rain...
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Martijn wrote
    Why not go for another touchscreenthen, D.?
    The options and possibilities are the same, but you don't get to pay extra for the privilege of the Apple brand name!

The reason why I finally opted for another one is firstly that I found the touchscreen annoying and prefered a qwerty input (but that's obviously down to personal requirements), but more importantly that the iPhone is on its return: many users have now finished with the gadgets, which are fun, and don't think the phone is very much special indeed

Compared to Symbian based smart phones it's in fact quite lumbering!
    I'd strongly suggest doing some research before you buy! (I took a leisurely 8 weeks looking, checking and comparing...and it sure paid off!)

'Cause although not an apple user for years, from the limited experience i started having with their software capabilities during the last year or so, i am pretty positive they kick everyone else's butts when it comes to stability, trust-worthiness and speed. Unless i am mistaken.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    It's a phone, D., not a PC. smile
    According to several reviews it's no better or worse than the other top of the line touch screens out there, but it is more expensive.

In the end I guess it's also a taste/aesthetics choice.
    Me, I'm generally 100% practical about these things as material status or appearance doesn't mean jack to me (which isn't always to my benefit, mind: it IS one of the social lubricants, after all).
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Material status or appearance concerning technology means jack to me too, but I must admit when I buy a gadget I do like it to look good. Nothing to do with creating an "image" for everyone else to see, but rather for the sake of having a nice looking gadget. That's why I might choose an Apple product as opposed to something else in certain cases.

Though an iPhone holds very little interest to me in all honesty.
    Not a big fan of mobile phones as it is.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMay 13th 2009 edited
    Martijn wrote
    It's a phone, D., not a PC. smile
    According to several reviews it's no better or worse than the other top of the line touch screens out there, but it is more expensive.

In the end I guess it's also a taste/aesthetics choice.
    Me, I'm generally 100% practical about these things as material status or appearance doesn't mean jack to me (which isn't always to my benefit, mind: it IS one of the social lubricants, after all).

Well, that's the point; i'd never get an apple computer 'cause I - personally, can't bloody do a thing with it other than listening to music or surfing the net. No pro tools, no microsoft flight simulator, no games, nothing. And i am not an iPod user, i don't even own an mp3 player of any brand or kind whatsoever, and iTunes make me want to throw bricks on the pc.

And i agree with you and the jack comment; i never ever owned a fancy phone other than 80-dollar nokia brick-phones which i carelessly threw around as bricks.

But iPhone dude....that thing IS cool! smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    No pro tools? Isn't pro tools a very mac-friendly DAW? (We use G5s and iMacs at uni for pro tools.)
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Yeah you're right on that one although when you go on pro tools on a mac and NOT Logic, people are starting to throw bricks at you smile

But i am a vivid user of stuff like SONY VEGAS too, which is windows-only and i have no will or reason to shift to mac stuff; yet.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeJun 7th 2009
    So I just bought an iphone and am awaiting its arrival! ( cheesy ) Are there any apps that are must haves?
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    The Shotgun one. biggrin
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I think I saw an app somewhere with a picture of a woman's torso with huge boobs where you shake them about with the phone? I may have dreamt that one though...
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    Steven wrote
    I think I saw an app somewhere with a picture of a woman's torso with huge boobs where you shake them about with the phone? I may have dreamt that one though...

now I want to buy an iPhone cheesy
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJun 8th 2009
    Anthony wrote
    So I just bought an iphone and am awaiting its arrival! ( cheesy ) Are there any apps that are must haves?

WANT. Can't afford still sad
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    omaha wrote
    Steven wrote

I've seen it! I forgot its name! And the woman moans when you do that! punk
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    omaha wrote
    Steven wrote

I. WANT. TO. SEE.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Christodoulides wrote
    omaha wrote
    Steven wrote

The good kind of moan, right? Right???
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Of course.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    Of course.

I. WANT. TO. SEE. IT.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    Christodoulides wrote
    omaha wrote
    Steven wrote

omg
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Christodoulides wrote
    omaha wrote
    Steven wrote

Steve Jobs must be so proud. rolleyes