• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJun 8th 2009
    Obligatory moral speech at the end? By christian bale? That must have 'caused some giggles, right? biggrin
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJun 8th 2009
    Martijn wrote
    Thor wrote
    Except for an obligatory "moral speech" towards the end

I was really disappointed they didn't add that stylistic element on to the Transformers film! It would have been such a nice wink to the cartoon series!
    "Today kids, we have learned that good is better than evil, because it's nicer. Also, don't do drugs!" Ahhhhh...the eighties! biggrin

cheesy beer
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeJul 8th 2009
    What kind of review is this?? rolleyes
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJul 9th 2009
    Anthony wrote
    What kind of review is this?? rolleyes

I am sure it was written by someone past 35 wink But you'll be surprised by how many old-timers agree with such reviews.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Why don't you elaborate what you mean?

Reading the Empire review it seems reasonable though I can't agree or disagree as I've not seen or heard it.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJul 9th 2009 edited
    I've seen AND heard it; the score works wonders and it's one of Elfman's most interesting products of late, especially set within the current status of film music. Dark, masculine, thematic (the reviewer doesn't hear theme's 'cause Fiedel's stuff isn't it and that's what he's basically wanted to hear) and spot-on, sets the perfect mood for 2009's terminator. The reviewer is stuck in eras past.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    D, my comments were aimed at Anthony, not you.

Thanks for your input....I don't know if I agree with either you or the reviewer?
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    What I didn't get was how they kept saying all of Fidel's stuff went out the window such as that low growling noise for the terminators. Also how they called Beltrami's effort "colourless fluff".
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    I find Elfman's score not so good. There's a Brian Tyler-like simple piano motif/theme/whetever, which I seem to have heard somewhere else before (as with all Tyler's simple piano themes). The action music is never as fun or interesting than for example Wanted or Planet of the Apes. And the main theme ... well, it's quite cool in the first track, but it's not something that gets a lot of variation or depth during the score. I found it a rather disappointing score after hearing all the positive comments here. The movie itself must be the most overrated one in a long time, at least on the forum here. wink
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Oh, go watch Happy Potters.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Martijn wrote
    Oh, go watch Happy Potters.

biggrin
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Hey D, I think you have a Potter problem wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Why? It's crap. Period.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    See!? You just can't help replying to anything 'Potter' spin cheesy
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    cry
  1. applause
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Timmer wrote

Better than to have a Pot problem, I guess.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJul 10th 2009
    Thor wrote
    Timmer wrote

Better than to have a Pot problem, I guess.

biggrin beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    • CommentTimeJul 11th 2009
    I don't know if you've already mentioned it (most probably you have) but I just read about it. Elfman is writing music for Burton's Alice in Wonderland. I adore his fairy like scores and I'm pretty sure this one will be excellent too! Can't wait!!! smile
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    bounce

Yeah, I do seem to remember tat having been mentioned before.
    Inspired casting, and one of my most awaited scores as well!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    The casting seems indeed awesome! As for the music... why do we have to wait until 2010? cry
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Stavroula wrote
    I don't know if you've already mentioned it (most probably you have) but I just read about it. Elfman is writing music for Burton's Alice in Wonderland. I adore his fairy like scores and I'm pretty sure this one will be excellent too! Can't wait!!! smile

Yes, it's actually quite old news. I've seen some stills of Johnny Depp as the Mad Hatter, and it looks to be yet another interesting twist on the EDWARD SCISSORHANDS character (visually) that Burton has explored ever since. This is obviously right up Elfman's alley.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    I thought it must've been posted here, it's been on IMDb since a long time. But anyway, it's great! Certainly a very good project for Danny, has a lot of potential. Hopefully Disney will release it maybe...
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Nooooo not more Elfman fantasy fluff with the bells and choir! cry

More violent, electronic Elfman like Wanted and Terminator! cool
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    It doesn't fill me with joy either.

On the whole I don't have much time for Elfman's fantasy fluff and his use of choirs makes me want to heave.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Timmer wrote

On the whole I don't have much time for Elfman's fantasy fluff and his use of choirs makes me want to heave.

Elfman's "fantasy fluff" is simply some of the best music the world has ever seen. So bring it on! wink
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    Timmer wrote

What? shocked

Tim you hurt me!!! cry
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 11th 2009 edited
    Timmer wrote
    It fill me with joy.

On the whole I have much time for Elfman's fantasy and his use of choirs makes me want to heave all the furniture out of the way that I may enjoy the best fantasy music ever written unhindered by objects so that I might get the full benefit of the magnificent choral music.

^
    .....and in another universe far far away........
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeJul 11th 2009 edited
    I swear I can see Timmer sporting a goatee in his new photo... shocked
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    biggrin applause