• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. Steven wrote
    Send them to me, I don't mind checking reviews for spelling and grammar mistakes... in fact, I derive an unhealthy amount of joy from it.

Yeah, especially from me I think wink

Thank you Steven I'll try to remember that
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
  2. First "Family Guy" tore Elfman one, and now the new episode of "South Park" has crapped on Tim Burton and Elfman. What's with all the Elfman hate, geez.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    • CommentAuthorMatt C
    • CommentTimeJun 21st 2010
    I've noticed how no one mentions that with Men in Black 3-D gearing up to shoot this fall for a May 2012 release -- will Elfman return? I don't remember any behind-the-scenes falling out with Sonnenfeld for MIB2, but anything can happen.
    http://unsungfilmscores.blogspot.com/ -- My film/TV/game score review blog
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJun 21st 2010
    Matt C wrote
    I've noticed how no one mentions that with Men in Black 3-D gearing up to shoot this fall for a May 2012 release -- will Elfman return? I don't remember any behind-the-scenes falling out with Sonnenfeld for MIB2, but anything can happen.

We're still waiting for a possible confirmation. If so, it will be the first time Elfman completes a trilogy!
    I am extremely serious.
  3. Not sure if this was linked already, but a fairly recent interview:

http://www.collider.com/2010/03/03/dann … much-more/
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJul 7th 2010
    Upcoming scores:

The Green Hornet
    Dark Shadows

Do we have any info yet?
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  4. Yeah, GH was reported by FSM a few months back. Elfman said in that interview in the link above you that he's doing "Restless" first, then "Green Hornet".

Is "Dark Shadows" confirmed? The interview from March and he said he had no other assignments.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJul 7th 2010
    This is what he lists at his website:

Houdini (Broadway Musical)
    Cirque de Soleil Show (TBC)
    Frankenweenie
    The Green Hornet
    Restless

And in the upcoming works in his main page:

The Green Hornet
    Dark Shadows
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  5. He doesn't run that site. Burton is directing, so he's assuming. But Elfman has such a plate full, he may not be avaiable.
  6. Elfman will be at Comic-Con. Supposedly to b a celebration, by Warners, of him and his music, but far more likely to be an extra surprise for the complete score of "Batman" which is supposedly being released then (LLLR).
  7. Maybe that's why there was a recent posting over at FSM of the cue sheet titles for Batman?

And, hunting out my copy of Janet K. Halfyard's film score guide to Elfman's Batman:

01 - 1m1 - Titles (short) (2:30)
    02 - 1m2-3 - Family - 1st Bat (1:54)
    03 - 1m4 - Roof Fight (1:13)
    04 - 2m1 - Jack vs Ekhart (1:29)
    05 - 2m2 - Up Building (0:09)
    06 - 2m3 - Card Snap (1:34)
    07 - 3m2 - Batzone (1:12)
    08 - 4m1 - Axis Setup (0:34)
    09 - 4m2 - Shootout (5:21)
    10 - 4m3 - Untitled (segue) (0:12)
    11 - 4m3a - Kitchen Dinner (1:07)
    12 - 5m1 - Surgery (1:26)
    13 - 5m1a - Stair Kiss (0:14)
    14 - 5m2 - Face Off (2:08)
    15 - 5m3 - Beddy Bye (1:28)
    16 - 6m2 - Roasted Dude (0:54)
    17 - 6m3 - Vicki Spys (1:41)
    18 - 6m4 - Clown Attack (1:50)
    19 - 7m1-7m2a - Bruce Contemplates / Photos (2:45)
    20 - 7m3 - Men At Work (0:26)
    21 - 7m4 - "Wild" - TV News Theme (0:07)
    22 - 7m5 - Joker's Commercial (1:17)
    23 - 7m6 - Paper Spin (0:04)
    24 - 8m1 - Alicia's Mask (0:19)
    25 - 8m3 - Vicki Gets A Gift (1:05)
    26 - 8m6 - Alicia's Unmasking (0:59)
    27 - 8m7 - Rescue (0:43)
    28 - 8m8 - Batmobile Chase (2:25)
    29 - 9m1 - Street Fight (0:54)
    30 - 9m3 - Descent Into Mystery (1:25)
    31 - 9m4 - Bat Cave (2:22)
    32 - 9m5 - Paper Throw (0:11)
    33 - 10m3 - Joker's Poem (0:50)
    34 - 10m9 - Sad Pictures (0:33)
    35 - 11m1 - Challenge / Dream (2:53)
    36 - 11m2a - Tender Batcave (1:26)
    37 - 11m2b - Batsuit - Charge of the Batmobile (1:34)
    38 - 12m2 - Batwing I (0:16)
    39 - 12m3 - Batwing II (A) (3:45)
    40 - 12m3c - Batwing II (B) (1:50)
    41 - 13m1 - Cathedral Chase (4:32)
    42 - 13m2 - Waltz (3:45)
    43 - 13m3 - Showdown A (1:10)
    44 - 13m4 - Showdown II (3:35)
    45 - 14m2 - Finale (revised) (1:34)
    46 - 14m3 - End Credits (1:16)
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJul 9th 2010
    Ugh...my anti-C&C genes are twirling upon that sight.
    I am extremely serious.
  8. The current Batman release does seem to be a good reflection of the score. Although I don't really know if anything significant had been left off the complete score. Maybe it is worth getting for any improved sound quality?
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    The current Batman release does seem to be a good reflection of the score. Although I don't really know if anything significant had been left off the complete score. Maybe it is worth getting for any improved sound quality?

I don't know. I think the sound quality is perfectly fine.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    It needs a remix and remastering. Eric Tomlinson is a great engineer but so some reason Batman sounds a bit thin. You could blame Shawn Murphy who did the remix. It needs a little more umph and a bit more volume from the percussion would be very, very nice!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    I was listening to it the other day and thought it needed a bit more punch. Didn't know there was an expanded release coming out so this is a welcome surprise.
  9. And, as no surprise to those following it, La La Land Records has announced a 2CD set of "Batman".
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeJul 15th 2010
    Goldwasser just confirmed here in Ubeda that he started work last week on a 2 CD set of Batman Returns. He also played a clip, an alternative version of The Zoo.
  10. Yeah, I think ( I could be wrng) I reporter in the Upcoming CDs thread a while back they were doing that. They are doing "Batman & Robin" (Goldenthal) as well.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Apparantly they're NOT working on Batman and Robin at the moment.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    sad
  11. No, that one seems to keep getting pushed back for whatever reason, but why complain -- we got Batman's comin' out the ears here before year's end.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I'm perfectly happy with the 1989 album. But I'd be interested to hear the original album with any new remastering.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Awesome news! One of the greatest accomplishments in film music history gets the treatment it deserves!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    justin boggan wrote
    Yeah, I think ( I could be wrng) I reporter in the Upcoming CDs thread a while back they were doing that. They are doing "Batman & Robin" (Goldenthal) as well.

The agreement they have with Warners only permits them to work on expanded versions of things which have already been released. Since no music from Batman and Robin has been released, they are not able to do it. Hopefully at some point that will change, but it's on nobody's horizon at the moment.
  12. I can't find them at the moment, but in passed threads over the passed year and-a-half or two, he hinted they were doing it, and I seem to recall him saying something along the lines of there being problems/issues that were holding it back.

LLLR needs their own FSM thread to post this stuff, instead of posting clues and hints in random threads everywhere making it a mess to find shit.

EDIT:

Dan said at Ubeda, as reported by a film score blog:

"Regarding Elliot Goldenthal's music for BATMAN AND ROBIN, Mr Goldwasser said that the label would love to release an album but that contractual negociations had to be done."

I'm guessing MV thought they had it, but then found some legal issues holding them back, but ssemingly -- it's not impossible!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    I posted an explanation 32 minutes ago, but perhaps you missed that.
  13. Perhaps you missed the part where I was talking about their words, not your explination.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeJul 15th 2010 edited
    I caught the part where you were speculating about something I had already explained but missed the part where you said what the point of speculating about something I had already explained was.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Now, now, ladies.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt