• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. Photos from the set of MIB3:
    http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=71737
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  2. Elfman on the Elf-Box:

[qoute]There’s not a single thing I’ve collected over my entire lifetime that I haven’t saved — things that I shouldn’t, artifacts, things that I’ve come across — but I’ve never, ever saved a piece of music. Everything got thrown into trash bags and boxes and only because I think various assistants or housekeepers were afraid to throw it away — because I never gave any instructions about anything — it got dumped into storage rooms. I think I have seven storage rooms, none of which I’ve ever gone into. They just sifted through box after box.

Am I reading this right, or did he jsut say he keeps worthless shit that means nothing, yet told people to trash tapes of his music?
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeNov 18th 2010
    justin boggan wrote
    Photos from the set of MIB3:

Why oh why is this being made. I loved the first film but prayed they WOULDN'T make a sequel... they did and it sucked.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorfommes
    I actually like the second one better than the first one.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    What a horrible idea, both films sucked cheesy ass for me wink But a third Elfman score, especially in his later mode, is more than welcome as far as i am concerned!
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeNov 19th 2010
    Erik Woods wrote
    justin boggan wrote
    Photos from the set of MIB3:

Why oh why is this being made. I loved the first film but prayed they WOULDN'T make a sequel... they did and it sucked.

-Erik-

It gives Elfman the chance to complete a trilogy for the first time in his life, though. That's something, I guess.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorArtworks
    • CommentTimeNov 26th 2010
    So La-La-Land has announced Batman Returns (2-cd). Hopefully it wont disappoint me as much as Batman did...
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeNov 26th 2010
    Well, if by disappointment you mean the sound quality, there is no need to worry here. La La Land used first generation digital masters to create the new album. Apparently it sounds brilliant!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeNov 27th 2010
    Meh....

Sorry, I just had to utter my third indifferent reaction to today's announcements.
    I am extremely serious.
  3. One of the things I like about the new release is that there are some proper track titles, with more than just "Part 1" and "Part 2" labels.

I'm always troubled by tracks with no track titles.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeNov 30th 2010
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    I'm always troubled by tracks with no track titles.

Me too.
    Weird, isn't it?
    Even though 75% of the scores I own I haven't seen the film of it is supposed to accompany (so titular references shouldn't make the slightest bit of difference), I still find I listen to/enjoy soundtracks without track titles (or generic ones) far less.

Apparently my need for reference is even greater than I thought.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  4. Exactly. As you say, weird isn't it?!
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Personally, I ADORE track titles that move away from the plot of the film into more abstract things - and especially when there are pure MUSICOLOGICAL terms, which Goldenthal often does. The further you remove everything away from the film itself (except the integrity of the actual compositions), the better. Heck, I wouldn't mind if they used cover art that had nothing to do with the film and renamed it "A musical odyssey" or whatever.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    I do hope Ramesh is taking notes for incorporation in the Thoripedia, a work that shall in future find its rightful place alongside such other luminary refefence works like De Vermis Mysteriis.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  5. Thor wrote
    Personally, I ADORE track titles that move away from the plot of the film into more abstract things - and especially when there are pure MUSICOLOGICAL terms, which Goldenthal often does. The further you remove everything away from the film itself (except the integrity of the actual compositions), the better. Heck, I wouldn't mind if they used cover art that had nothing to do with the film and renamed it "A musical odyssey" or whatever.

Are you sure you don't get Monty Python jokes? wink
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    franz_conrad wrote
    Thor wrote

Are you sure you don't get Monty Python jokes? wink

Well, I did get that one. smile
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeDec 4th 2010
    Raise your hand, everyone who thinks ALICE IN WONDERLAND is a superb score!
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    wave
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    me meme me me em em me me me em em em em em eme me me me me me me me me
  6. wave
  7. wave
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    wave
    •  
      CommentAuthorAtham
    wave
  8. All ... FIFTY MINUTES, of it, Thor?
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    justin boggan wrote
    All ... FIFTY MINUTES, of it, Thor?

Yup, excellent album!

Love the end titles suite, in particular, which comes on way too late in the film (after the awful Avil Lavigne song). The choral bits are simply to die for, as well as the Philipp Glass ostinati.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Thor wrote

Yup! wave
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    COOOOL!

By the way, wanna hear a cool Elfman piece from ca. mid/late 70's?:

http://www.celluloidtunes.net/non-website/Marimbas.rm
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeDec 5th 2010
    Thor wrote

wave
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeDec 29th 2010
    About a year ago or so, I discovered a youtube clip from the 2008 short film PROUD IZA, which features Danny Elfman as the narrating cat(!) and excerpts from his Seranada Schizophrana and S.O.P. as underscore. Now the whole film is out in HQ on Vimeo. It's a great, little indie flick. So enjoy!:

http://vimeo.com/17468324

Thanks to moongirl84 from MFADP for the heads-up.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeDec 29th 2010
    Narrating cat? This mas has now stepped up even further in my appreciation!