• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMay 11th 2015 edited

For as big a fan as I am, I'm finding it hard to justify the costs for one of these Burton concerts after having seen the premiere at Royal Albert Hall a couple of years ago. Everything pales in comparison to that. Now, if it had been a concert of Elfman's music BEYOND Elfman as well, and he attended himself, it would be another thing altogether. I'm still hoping for something like that to happen at one of the European film music festivals.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorDennis
    • CommentTimeMay 11th 2015
    Thor wrote

For as big a fan as I am, I'm finding it hard to justify the costs for one of these Burton concerts after having seen the premiere at Royal Albert Hall a couple of years ago. Everything pales in comparison to that. Now, if it had been a concert of Elfman's music BEYOND Elfman as well, and he attended himself, it would be another thing altogether. I'm still hoping for something like that to happen at one of the European film music festivals.

You mean you would like to see Elfman's music beyond Burton?
    I haven't been to London and I was not planning to go to Paris but I am not missing this one for sure
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMay 11th 2015
    Dennis wrote
    You mean you would like to see Elfman's music beyond Burton?

Ha, ha....yes, indeed.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeMay 12th 2015
    The concert page does not say if Elfman will be present or not. Would be a pity if he wasn't because who else will sing the songs of Nightmare before Christmas?
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorDennis
    True, doesn't say he will be present
    I think will be a nice concert anyway
    • CommentAuthorDennis
    According to Mr Kraft, depends on Elfman's schedule
    It is too early but right now he is not currently scheduled to appear on 28th of November sad
    There is always hope smile
  1. Score dropped from "Batman" resored by a fan:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7SSBbxVMIA
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  2. James, good news for you - Elfman's Goosebumps appears to be getting a release where the 41-minute main program is followed by 23 minutes of bonus material. I'm not sure yet as to whether the album notes include instructions on how to mingle those bonus cues in to make a longer, chronological presentation of the score, but since it's how you've been wishing film score releases would work for ages now, I thought you might want to know!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeOct 19th 2015
    Yes I was delighted to see that. So delighted in fact that I bought it (first Elfman album I've bought in as long as I can remember). And it's a nice score, vintage Elfman.
  3. Southall wrote
    Yes I was delighted to see that. So delighted in fact that I bought it (first Elfman album I've bought in as long as I can remember). And it's a nice score, vintage Elfman.

I didn't like it at all, worked on my nerves
    perhaps I'll have to give it another chance
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
  4. Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Southall wrote

I didn't like it at all, worked on my nerves
    perhaps I'll have to give it another chance

You're not alone. I don't really care much for it either.
    www.synchrotones.wordpress.com | www.synchrotones.co.uk | @Synchrotones | facebook | soundcloud | youtube
    • CommentAuthorDennis
    • CommentTimeMay 4th 2016
    So nobody went to the Danny Elfman/Tim Burton concert?
    No report?
    Well, we know the composer was not there.....
    The concert was nice but nothing really exceptional. they didn't even do a single encore
    Very professional. Come, perform, go
    I think Elfman should have come especially after the events of March 22nd
    It will be a nice touch from his side. A missed opportunity
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeMay 4th 2016
    I think it's a shame that he was not there. The organising company never mentioned he would not be there, and is now receiving tons of criticism for not mentioning this. Many people came to see him and hear him singing, and the media campaign and advertised articles back in November (before it was cancelled due to the Brussels lockdown), all gave the impression Elfman would be there. On top of that, in the press release where the postpone of the concert was announced said that Elfman didn't want to come to Brussels because of the lockdown. So that really is implying he would be attending. Not mentioning that the new concert date means he would not attend is just misleading.

You can complain here:
    https://www.facebook.com/firestarterlive/posts_to_page/
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeOct 9th 2016
  5. Southall wrote
    Review of The Girl on the Train:

http://www.movie-wave.net/the-girl-on-the-train/

Disliked this score from start to finish. It has everything I hate nowadays of the recent scores. Ambience, devoid of melodies and having no emotion whatsoever. Doesn't matter if it comes from an unknown or a big composer, this is what's wrong with the music nowadays. I know Elfman can do better, so it must be a personal choice, but this doesn't make it better.

Glad you liked it though, I don't know how confused but still glad for you wink
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeJun 15th 2017
    Thank goodness.
  6. That's good news. But Junkie XL is like a Whac-a-Mole game. You kill him in one place, and he pops up somewhere else. slant
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Meh. I don't care about superhero movies, and I've not cared for an Elfman superhero score since BATMAN RETURNS, basically. I also think the last big, "bombastic" score he did that was any worthwhile was ALICE IN WONDERLAND, and that's, what, 7 years ago now. I prefer him in 'indie' mode these days.

Junkie XL was a better fit, but here -- too -- I prefer him in other modes, or for other genres.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAidabaida
    Hurrah! Elfman's contribution to "Age of Ultron" was some of the most enjoyable superhero film music in recent years. I love the way he used REAL tuba for those low brass blasts.
    Bach's music is heartless and robotic.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I love Elfman's Age of Ultron music.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAidabaida
    Isn't it incredible that the composer for the 1989 Batman will be coming back to Batman again in 2017? Wow!
    Bach's music is heartless and robotic.
  7. People seem to be assuming that what Elfman did back in 1989 is going to be repeated?
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    You're assuming that people are assuming that? I'm expecting something like a cross between Terminator Salvation and Age of Ultron.
  8. Yes, that's the sense that I am getting from the social media comments that I am reading.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Ah. Well those are stupid people.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJun 16th 2017 edited
    I prefer Elfman's more "recent" scores to his early stuff.

Whether he'll be "allowed" to write something as memorable as his Batman theme remains to be seen.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorCaliburn
    • CommentTimeJun 16th 2017
    I hoping that he will make complete new score, but at one place a little hint to the 1989 batman theme :-)
  9. If I understand correctly the Justice League has a minimum of seven members. So this is at best a 1/7 Batman movie. There may be a nod towards 1989. Other than that this will be a whole different project.

Volker
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeJun 16th 2017
    Captain Future wrote
    a 1/7 Batman movie.

I kinda like that approach.
    "Big fan of Supes and Bats, so I loved 2/7 of the movie".
    biggrin
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  10. My review of TULIP FEVER, for anyone who's interested:

https://moviemusicuk.us/2017/09/19/tuli … ny-elfman/

Jon