• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeNov 4th 2008
    WANTED

My score (and partly Movie) review for WANTED, for anyone interested over at http://christodoulides.blogspot.com/200 … danny.html
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Interesting review D, my only quibble with it is that it's a bit long winded and would benefit from a shorter more to the point review.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeNov 4th 2008 edited
    I know my friend, but 1) it's a movie / score review and basically observes the function of the score within the movie. 2) it's analyzing the music on the cd, for anyone interested 3) i can't remember the last time i observe a composer doing SO MUCH with music in the film and i am sure it wouldn't come in the surface if i hadn't watched the movie first...it might appear simple but what he does in there is pretty multirateral and complex with each important character having his / her / its own theme which gets manipulated in many ways according to the on-screen happenings and visuals. For those who won't the resume alone, there's always the last paragraph wink thanks for the feedback!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Christodoulides wrote
    WANTED

My score (and partly Movie) review for WANTED, for anyone interested over at http://christodoulides.blogspot.com/200 … danny.html

Glad you liked it, I thought you would! wink cool
  1. Guillermo del Toro (upcoming The Hobbit) is developing Pinocchio as a stop-motion feature with the Jim Henson Co. as a darker version of the original fairy tale.

The project will be produced by JHC co-toppers Brian Henson and Lisa Henson along with senior VP Jason Lust. Del Toro will executive produce.

Del Toro's working on the screenplay with Gris Grimley, who illustrated a 2002 version of "Pinocchio." Grimley and Adam Parrish King will co-direct the film.

Stop motion? Jim Henson Company? This is Elfman territory, not Beltrami. One can only hope.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeNov 17th 2008
    Interview!

In an exclusive interview for Stage and Screen Online, one of the world's most popular film composers, Danny Elfman talks to Tommy Pearson about his life and career so far. Danny was in London to record his score for the up-coming biopic, Notorious (about the rapper Notorious B.I.G); in the interview he talks about his work with Tim Burton (Edward Scissorhands, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Nightmare Before Christmas, PeeWee), writing music for remakes and superheroes, composing TV themes (The Simpsons, Desperate Housewives), dealing with obsessive fans, and gives his views on The Dark Knight and the Academy Awards, the Simpsons Movie, why everyone steals from his Edward Scissorhands score at Christmas, what he thought of having his head chopped off in Family Guy, and why he paid for a TV spot to warn Americans about Sarah Palin.

A rare treat for all Danny Elfman fans.

http://www.stageandscreenonline.com/dow … lfman.html
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeNov 18th 2008
    Thanks!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    MILK SOUND CLIPS
    http://www.amazon.com/MILK/dp/B001H3KMO … mp;s=music
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Great stuff Bregt. I have so much respect for Elfman I just wish I could love his music more!?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorHeeroJF
    Timmer wrote
    Great stuff Bregt. I have so much respect for Elfman I just wish I could love his music more!?

Wow, you've summed up my entire personal perspective on Elfman, in just those few words, right there... slant
    ''The mandate, as well as the benefit, of responsibility is the ability to tell when one can afford to be irresponsible.'' - Me
    •  
      CommentAuthorHeeroJF
    • CommentTimeNov 21st 2008
    Something wonderful happened to me, today! You know how I've been rather unimpressed with the chaotic nature of Elfman's style of recent years, including the acclaimed Wanted. Well, I wound up just a few hours ago with Elfman's "Little Things" song in my head! It's always a good sign when you wind up yearning to listen to a bit of music. So I'll be playing it this evening and I think I'll be enjoying it much more.

Oh, and in all the Elfman discussions we've been having, I can't believe that I've consistently forgot to mention the one score of the recent years that truly has my jaw dropping like the good old Batman days: Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. FABULOUS score. This is almost Pee-Wee all over again.
    ''The mandate, as well as the benefit, of responsibility is the ability to tell when one can afford to be irresponsible.'' - Me
  2. The MILK score is streaming at the Focus Features website, a website with a similar structure to the Vantage Guilds website that offers DEFIANCE and REVOLUTIONARY ROAD streaming. It's a nice score - not the most startling thing I've ever heard, but nice.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeNov 22nd 2008
    Any download "media kit" option?
  3. Nein - not many publicists are that silly. wink However this time, it does play as a whole stream, rather than having to select each track.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
  4. Listening to that interview with Elfman at S&SO.

He says he never liked being recognized or standing out. You know what's a good way to be recognized and stand out? Playing the Devil in a movie, and in the movie putting your hands on a nice pair of firm boobies.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  5. justin boggan wrote
    He says he never liked being recognized or standing out. You know what's a good way to be recognized and stand out? Playing the Devil in a movie, and in the movie putting your hands on a nice pair of firm boobies.

Is this a quote from Elfman?
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeDec 1st 2008
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    justin boggan wrote

No, it's a scene from FORBIDDEN ZONE, the first film he scored and directed by his brother Richard back in 1979/1980. Elfman had a brief cameo as Satan.
    I am extremely serious.
  6. Thor wrote
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    justin boggan wrote

No, it's a scene from FORBIDDEN ZONE, the first film he scored and directed by his brother Richard back in 1979/1980. Elfman had a brief cameo as Satan.

Cheers!
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorHeeroJF
    Thor wrote
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    justin boggan wrote

Didn't think it was that brief. He totally dominates one long scene! Much, much fun!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    HeeroJF wrote
    Thor wrote
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    justin boggan wrote

Didn't think it was that brief. He totally dominates one long scene! Much, much fun!

Indeed. I guess he took with him some of that charisma on-stage whenever he performed with the Mystic Knights or later Oingo Boingo. You'll see some of those same devilish grins on the 1995 Boingo Farewell DVD.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMay 4th 2009
    CD COVER FOR TERMINATOR: SALVATION

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/images … mp;s=music
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Looks quite good. Can't wait!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Indeed, quite a nice cover! punk
    • CommentAuthorPanthera
    I'm expecting action material similar to Wanted maybe? I'm glad they are keeping the original theme.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeMay 4th 2009 edited
    I'm probably in the minority but I didn't like Beltrami's score to the third very much. So I'm very eager to hear what Danny wrote for this one!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    DemonStar wrote
    I'm probably in the minority but I didn't like Beltrami's score to the third very much. So I'm very eager to hear what Danny wrote for this one!

I'm with you then. angelic

Beltrami's score was sufficient, but it didn't do anything go to above and beyond that.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Not bad at all.
  7. Beltrami's score wasn't really good indeed, I'm with Anthony and Demonstar

Fiedel's music for most perhaps lacked quality, but for me it offered effective music and a dynamite theme

I hope Elfman's score is more that than Beltrami's (which was just a culmination of his sound)

But nice cover indeed smile
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeMay 5th 2009 edited
    MARS ATTACKS!: EXPANDED ARCHIVAL COLLECTION

To coincide with our release next week of AIRPLANE!, La La Land Records will begin taking orders on another comedy gem that contains an EXCLAIMATION MARK in it's title -- Danny Elfman's magnificent score to MARS ATTACKS!: EXPANDED ARCHIVAL COLLECTION.

Produced MV Gerhard
    Mastered by James Nelson
    Liner Notes by Dan Goldwasser, containing great insight into the film, this new release, and of course, it's music. An exclusive interview with composer Danny Elfman is also contained herein.

* - denotes tracks that were previously unreleased

1 INTRODUCTION 1:40
    2 MAIN TITLES 2:24
    3 1ST SIGHTING 1:27
    4 BARB SHARES*/ODE BG* 2:21
    5 LANDING 6:02
    6 FIRST FIRE FIGHT* 3:02
    7 RETURN MESSAGE 2:18
    8 UNGODLY EXPERIMENTS 0:53
    9 STATE ADDRESS 3:03
    10 LOVING HEADS 1:21
    11 MARTIAN MADAME 3:02
    12 MARTIAN LOUNGE 2:53
    13 INVASION* 1:41
    14 BOY SCOUT JAMBOREE*/WHITE HOUSE MAYHEM* 2:29
    15 ART'S DEMISE*/CHASE*/PUNCH OUT*/VIVA LAS VEGAS* 2:16
    16 THE BIG LAUNCH* 2:42
    17 DESTRUCTO X 1:18
    18 PURSUIT 2:56
    19 WAR ROOM 1:31
    20 AIRFIELD DLILEMMA 2:06
    21 FINAL ADDRESS* 2:55
    22 BATTLE TRANSITION* 0:44
    23 NEW WORLD 1:45
    24 RITCHIE'S SPEECH 3:10
    25 END CREDITS 3:58
    26 INDIAN LOVE CALL 3:10
    27 ITS NOT UNUSUAL 2:02
    28 TRAILER* 2:40
    29 MAIN TITLE (ORCH DEMO)* 2:32
    30 UNGODLY EXPERIMENTS (ALT)* 0:57
    31 MARTIAN LOUNGE (ALT)* 3:00
    32 THE END?* 0:06

TOTAL TIME 74:48:00
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeMay 5th 2009
    YEEEEEEAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!! punkpunkpunkpunkpunk

I really like this one! Must say I didn't see it coming.