• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJun 13th 2008
    Martijn wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    Are you sure you didn't mean PREFERRED? As in back THEN? Not prefers?

shame
    Aye...there's a point...

:sigh: my heart is back in place
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorjedizim
    • CommentTimeJun 13th 2008
    Bregt wrote
    Antineutrino wrote
    Wanted soundtrack on MySpace: http://www.myspace.com/wantedsoundtrack

Elfman sings!!!
    A rocksong!

Haha, awesome. biggrin punk

That is great!! I was a HUGE Oingo Boingo fan back when they were around...still love to listen to them regularly...nice to hear Elfman rock out again!
    ---- Well, I wouldn't argue that it wasn't a no holds barred, adrenaline fueled thrill ride. But, there is no way you can perpetrate that amount of carnage and mayhem and not incur a considerable amount of paperwork.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJun 19th 2008
    • CommentAuthorJuPe
    • CommentTimeJun 24th 2008
    Hellboy II CD cover and tracklist:

http://varesesarabande.com/details.asp? … %2D910%2D2

1. Introduction (03:37)
    2. Hellboy II Titles (01:18)
    3. Training (01:50)
    4. The Auction House (02:28)
    5. Hallway Cruise (01:35)
    6. Where Fairies Dwell (04:16)
    7. Teleplasty (01:21)
    8. Mein Herring (01:05)
    9. Father and Son (06:02)
    10. A Link (01:29)
    11. A Troll Market (01:21)
    12. Market Troubles (03:41)
    13. A Big Decision (01:10)
    14. The Last Elemental (04:11)
    15. The Spear (01:47)
    16. A Dilemma (02:55)
    17. Doorway (03:35)
    18. A Choise (03:58)
    19. In the Army Chamber (05:47)
    20. Finale (03:49)
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    The first Danny Elfman score I've looked forward to for quite a while. It should have gone to Beltrami of course, but I'm sure Elfman's score will be quite effective in the film.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I like the cover.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Timmer wrote
    I like the cover.

It's an excellent COVER indeed, especially like the font! Let's see if the score is AS good wink
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    Timmer wrote
    I like the cover.

It's an excellent COVER indeed, especially like the font! Let's see if the score is AS good wink

Indeed!? slant
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    Love the cover indeed, but I don't expect much from the score anymore. Heard a few minutes of it, which was the usual 'bombastic yet dull' music from Elfman that's entertaining, in a superficial way. I might be wrong, of course, but that didn't give any new twist to the Elfman we all know. If you love his over-the-top comicbook scores, you'll probably love this too, though.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    BobdH wrote
    Love the cover indeed, but I don't expect much from the score anymore. Heard a few minutes of it, which was the usual 'bombastic yet dull' music from Elfman that's entertaining, in a superficial way. I might be wrong, of course, but that didn't give any new twist to the Elfman we all know. If you love his over-the-top comicbook scores, you'll probably love this too, though.

Uh oh, I can feel the bile rising already. sad
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJun 25th 2008
    BobdH wrote

I am not your biggest Elfman fan, but if it's anything like the large-scale Elfman of HULK, then i am sold.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    NEW INTERVIEW on WANTED and HELLBOY II

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=46285
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    BobdH wrote

I am not your biggest Elfman fan, but if it's anything like the large-scale Elfman of HULK, then i am sold.

I'm being unfair, I just really wanted Beltrami back on board, Elfman.....*sigh* rolleyes
  1. I wonder if Elfman's ballet for Twyla Tharp will get a release.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeJun 25th 2008 edited
    Hellboy II | Sound Clips

https://www.colosseum.de/colosseum/prod … f78be94c23

I really like Danny Elfman's music... I really do... but no more superhero music in this vein, please. Oh why wasn't Beltrami brought back for the sequel.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJun 26th 2008
    Sounding very weird rolleyes
  2. Hmm, don't really like where Elfman's sound has gone to in the last couple of years...
    •  
      CommentAuthorSylvos
    • CommentTimeJun 26th 2008
    I just listened to "Wanted". It's a pretty good action score with some excellent (yet brief) Elfman chorale writings, best heard in those "Fox" tracks and "Fraternity Suite". Can't wait to hear what he has in store for Hellboy II, even though I too thought those samples are... well... weird!
  3. Erik Woods wrote
    Hellboy II | Sound Clips

A disappointing (though limited) set of clips from this CD. It's easy to think of "Planet of The Apes" when Elfman delivers the sound heard in the first clip (track 2?). The rest is just too non-descript to raise hopes of a good score. If this is a selection of the best on offer...
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDavid
    • CommentTimeJun 29th 2008
    Hmm, I'm failing to hear what's so weird and strange in the Hellboy II clips. They're just not interesting and particularly bad selections if they are hoping those clips get people excited for the score.
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    I watched Wanted last night. The score was better than I expected. There were some really MELODIC action cues. I think I will buy the score on my next new-releases purchase.
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    How's the movie like? Any good?
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    • CommentTimeJun 29th 2008 edited
    Its entertaining. Very stylized, comparisons to Sin City or 300 are accurate. I liked most everything about it except for the message, which while inspiring in itself, was very postmodern, cynical, and hyper-individualistic in the way it was delivered.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJun 30th 2008
    Which is ? (you can spoiler-warning it if you want, i personally don't care, i am not going to watch it)
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    Basically...spoiler?....

you're utterly alone in the world, so you better learn to fend for yourself, and the people who can fend for themselves the best are the ones who succeed.

there was as also a sense of...stop sitting around and do something with your life (which was the good part of the message) but in the backdrop of the first part, it was rather depressing and didn't resonate with someone like me. i think it DOES resonate very well with people of less or no "faith"...its a very good film both as an effects+action feast, and in its dabblings with emotion and philosophy.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Is not the message to fend for yourself a good one? Yeah, "utterly alone in the world" is very cynical (and certainly not true for those of us with good friends and/or family), but I like any message that encourages us or shows us to take responsibility for our own life.

I'm glad you put "faith" in quotation marks. Although I may "lack" the faith of any religion (the many that I could choose from), I certainly have faith in many things in life.

...sorry, got a bit philosophical there. Been reading a bit of Daniel C. Dennett lately.
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    Steven wrote
    Is not the message to fend for yourself a good one? Yeah, "utterly alone in the world" is very cynical (and certainly not true for those of us with good friends and/or family), but I like any message that encourages us or shows us to take responsibility for our own life.

That is exactly the message of this film. I think you would like it.

I'm glad you put "faith" in quotation marks. Although I may "lack" the faith of any religion (the many that I could choose from), I certainly have faith in many things in life.

Yes, to me its not as much a matter of "faith" as most people think of it, its more of just a way of looking at the world, one that is so deeply ingrained in me that without it, I would hardly even be "me" anymore. I can't look at things and not see God and the lack of God. Yet at the same time, it comes naturally to me to be able to look at things from other people's points of view and see that they seem to make just as much sense as my own. So I put faith in quotation marks because its become a catchphrase and word that has developed waaaaaay too many different connotations. Media and advertising destroy the integrity of the English language ( tongue sorry, that's a different rant)
  4. If WANTED and HELLBOY II are good scores, I'll be happy. But this year has already given me an exceptional Elfman score I never expected to hear - STANDARD OPERATING PROCEDURE. It's icing on the cake from here for me.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Wanted surely doesn't surpass the brilliance of S.O.P nor will Hellboy II i suspect.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJul 9th 2008 edited

Tune in to a new edition of On the Score at www.filmmusicmag.com, as composer DANNY ELFMAN gives a rare audio interview on his work for the Summer's two most blazingingly inventive soundtracks, HELLBOY II and WANTED, as well as discussing his unexpected, balletic adventure for RABBIT AND ROGUE.

It's an exclusive talk with one of Hollywood's top composers that soundtrack fans won't want to miss, as Elfman gives insight into his eccentric, darkly romantic and exciting approach to composition, especially when it comes to the genre action of a heroic demon and a super-assassin.

Then be sure to stay on our internet channel for our archived shows with Trevor Rabin (GET SMART), Ramin Djawadi (IRON MAN) Varese and Film Score Monthly label chiefs Robert Townson and Lukas Kendall, and composer Maurice Jarre (LAWRENCE OF ARABIA).

Author: Daniel Schweiger