• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeNov 3rd 2011
    Good interview Thor. It seems the accident did not affect his energy, but only the 'software'. A nice way to put it, and a relief to hear, though it must have been really hard to get the software running.

As for him having a hangover, that was kinda obvious when he walked in with sunglasses. wink
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    • CommentTimeNov 4th 2011
    Thor wrote
    I just now had it confirmed that Goldenthal was partying to at least 4:30 the night before and that he was, how shall I put it, heavily intoxicated at the time.

I'm glad to hear this, because that means the slurred speech is more to do with alcohol than the accident.

I'm also 'glad' to hear that. I was already thinking of editing my report, because I was ashamed of myself for calling his appearance embarrassing if it was health related!!

beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeJan 3rd 2012 edited
    BATMAN FOREVER is now on sale over at LaLaLandRecords, and man, it's a tough decision!

http://www.lalalandrecords.com/BatmanForever.html

I love Elliot Goldenthal and I believe he's almost incapable of writing uninteresting underscore, meaning HIS music surely qualifies for an expanded release. But however interesting his Forever score is, I find myself revisiting mainly certain parts of his work (Fledermausmarschmusik, Spank Me! Overture and of course the awesome Bätterdammerung, sounding even crisper in this new mastering) yet rarely the whole score. Hearing these clips, I have no doubt this only adds to the number of tracks I'll keep revisiting from this score, but... how often will I hear the whole thing?

Are there any predictions how fast this will sell out? Do I need to make a quick decision? As long as Batman & Robin will be released soon as well, I'll have no doubt I will be instant buying that one.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeJan 3rd 2012
    It's not really cheap, and there's 3500 copies...are your really worried? confused
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJan 4th 2012
    BobdH wrote
    BATMAN FOREVER is now on sale over at LaLaLandRecords, and man, it's a tough decision!

http://www.lalalandrecords.com/BatmanForever.html

I love Elliot Goldenthal and I believe he's almost incapable of writing uninteresting underscore, meaning HIS music surely qualifies for an expanded release. But however interesting his Forever score is, I find myself revisiting mainly certain parts of his work (Fledermausmarschmusik, Spank Me! Overture and of course the awesome Bätterdammerung, sounding even crisper in this new mastering) yet rarely the whole score. Hearing these clips, I have no doubt this only adds to the number of tracks I'll keep revisiting from this score, but... how often will I hear the whole thing?

Are there any predictions how fast this will sell out? Do I need to make a quick decision? As long as Batman & Robin will be released soon as well, I'll have no doubt I will be instant buying that one.

Since Goldenthal himself was involved, I had a faint hope of an expanded release that was actually structured as a listening experience and not entirely C&C. But from what I can see, it is. So I'm gonna hold on to my Atlantic album and skip this.
    I am extremely serious.
  1. Some additional information on questions asked around the Batman Forever release (on FSM messageboard), answered by La-La Land Records:

1. The * is a publishing situation. We had it on Batman we have it on this. Its an internal, legal thing.

2. Batman and Batman Returns are done to the last 350 units

3. Keaton is the best modern Batman, but Adam West will always BE Batman

4. We are not doing Alien³. I don't think anyone is.

5. I wouldn't hold my breath for Batman and Robin from any label.

Points 4 and 5 are most interesting to me. Shame about Alien³.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    I find that Goldenthal can be quite exhausting over long periods, despite his brilliance. I was told that originally he nixed the idea of a 2-CD version of this - evidently he changed his mind.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Some additional information on questions asked around the Batman Forever release (on FSM messageboard), answered by La-La Land Records:

1. The * is a publishing situation. We had it on Batman we have it on this. Its an internal, legal thing.

2. Batman and Batman Returns are done to the last 350 units

3. Keaton is the best modern Batman, but Adam West will always BE Batman

4. We are not doing Alien³. I don't think anyone is.

5. I wouldn't hold my breath for Batman and Robin from any label.

Points 4 and 5 are most interesting to me. Shame about Alien³.

Screw ALIEN 3 (brilliant as that is). We already have that. The B&R situation is the real shame. sad
    I am extremely serious.
  2. I thought that there was a strong murmur of Batman and Robin being on the way? Was it just rumour and speculation running rampant?

Oh well!
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  3. Damn that's bad news about Batman & Robin... I was more looking forward to that than the Forever score. It's the better of the two IMO.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    I thought that there was a strong murmur of Batman and Robin being on the way? Was it just rumour and speculation running rampant?

Oh well!

Just rumours, apparently. Probably created because LLL was doing FOREVER.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    There were strong rumours but it's not going to happen any time soon.
  4. Personally, I find the Batman and Robin score a much more difficult piece to listen to compared with Batman Forever.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Southall wrote
    I find that Goldenthal can be quite exhausting over long periods, despite his brilliance. I was told that originally he nixed the idea of a 2-CD version of this - evidently he changed his mind.

The original release is exhausting enough, love it but I couldn't handle any more than I have already.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorJim Ware
    Thor wrote
    Since Goldenthal himself was involved, I had a faint hope of an expanded release that was actually structured as a listening experience and not entirely C&C. But from what I can see, it is. So I'm gonna hold on to my Atlantic album and skip this.

It's not C&C.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Jim Ware wrote
    Thor wrote

It's not C&C.

Pretty much, though, isn't it? And doesn't it follow the film's order?
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Do you dislike all chronological soundtracks?
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJan 4th 2012 edited
    Steven wrote
    Do you dislike all chronological soundtracks?

99%
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Weird. I find a film order album tends to make more sense since it follows the narrative of the film - it's one of the reasons I like scores. Though I admit it's rare that a complete score makes the best sort of album.
  5. I also prefer a chronological order, because it shows the thematic development. One of the reasons why I wanted to have the Intrada First Blood release is not the addition of 4 minutes of material, but getting things in chronological order.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorJim Ware
    Thor wrote

Pretty much, though, isn't it? And doesn't it follow the film's order?

Chronological-ish - there's some (Goldenthal suggested and approved) re-ordering.
  6. Steven wrote
    Weird. I find a film order album tends to make more sense since it follows the narrative of the film - it's one of the reasons I like scores. Though I admit it's rare that a complete score makes the best sort of album.

Thor has some interesting views on this subject if I'm not mistaken.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Who is this Thor and why should we care?

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    franz_conrad wrote
    Steven wrote

Yes, would you like to hear them?
    I am extremely serious.
  7. Thor wrote
    franz_conrad wrote

Yes, would you like to hear them?

I would biggrin
    Recognizing somebody else's strength doesn't diminish your own (Joss Whedon)
  8. Do elaborate Thor. wave
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    OK, here goes.

The story begins when I first started to become aware of soundtracks back in the early 90's, not related to the movie, but how they worked as 'concept albums' on their own. Then.....

http://www.i-mockery.com/halloween/grea … nners4.gif
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeJan 5th 2012
    What's a concept album?
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Steven wrote
    What's a concept album?

This.

I can forgive you, because you're so young. Most people who grew up in the 70's and 80's know them well.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    But... they're film scores?