• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeJul 3rd 2009 edited
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    DemonStar wrote
    My review of Public Enemies

short but nice smile
    DemonStar wrote
    Thanks! beer

...or was that just a comment about the score proper? wink
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeJul 3rd 2009
    Umm... both? wink

In case of the score... too short!
  1. Martijn wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    DemonStar wrote
    My review of Public Enemies

short but nice smile
    DemonStar wrote
    Thanks! beer

...or was that just a comment about the score proper? wink

hehe, no no about the review smile
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeAug 1st 2009 edited
    Just got back from watching Public Enemies, and did anyone else already note that Hans Zimmer got a 'thank you' credit? And that Beam from The Thin Red Line is credited as a piece that's used in the film, namely in the opening? Apparantly, it's not just JD Dies that was influenced by that score, Mann totally loved his temptrack. So he resurrects the career of a top notch composer only to ask him to rewrite someone elses old work... rolleyes
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeAug 1st 2009
    BobdH wrote
    Just got back from watching Public Enemies, and did anyone else already note that Hans Zimmer got a 'thank you' credit? And that Beam from The Thin Red Line is credited as a piece that's used in the film, namely in the opening? Apparantly, it's not just JD Dies that was influenced by that score, Mann totally loved his temptrack. So he resurrects the career of a top notch composer only to ask him to rewrite someone elses old work... rolleyes

Wow, a "thank you" credit for using a score in a temp track. I really want to see that.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Sad.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Timmer wrote
    Sad.

In-f__king-deed!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  2. BobdH wrote

So that means that Elliot Goldenthal would have received a THANK YOU FOR THE SCORE credit in 300? wink

It is funny however that it is just Elliot (or the producers of an Elliot score who do it). I think this is a message to the guys of 300 to say "you see, we at least mention it" wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    What's sad about it confused
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  3. I gotta say, I reckon it's more likely that the temp track for 'JD Dies' was Goldenthal's unused finale from HEAT than 'Journey to the Line'. Apart from pulsing woodwinds - an idea that is hardly unique to Zimmer - what else do the two pieces have in common?

The scene 'JD Dies' accompanies is incredible, incidentally, as is the film. By far the best American film of this year. And there's some good unreleased score that didn't make the album.

(The scene that TRL music accompanies - a very early one - is a very astute choice. I wish I'd put it there. There's also one cue from the HEAT score - 'Predator Diorama' - that partially underscores the first bank robbery.)
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
  4. Elliot Goldenthal update:

- Alien 3
    - Batman Forever
    - Demolition Man
    - Final Fantasy
    - Frida
    - In Dreams
    - Public Enemies
    - Sphere
    - Titus

Enjoy
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeSep 1st 2009
    Great! punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Elliot Goldenthal update:

- Alien 3
    - Batman Forever
    - Demolition Man
    - Final Fantasy
    - Frida
    - In Dreams
    - Public Enemies
    - Sphere
    - Titus

Enjoy

confused
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Reviews wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    DemonStar wrote
    Reviews wink

Oh.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Links Thomas! LINKS! tongue
    Kazoo
  5. Bregt wrote
    Links Thomas! LINKS! tongue

as you wish sire

Elliot Goldenthal update:

- Alien 3
    - Batman Forever
    - Demolition Man
    - Final Fantasy
    - Frida
    - In Dreams
    - Public Enemies
    - Sphere
    - Titus

Enjoy
  6. Hmm, that's a lot of reviews! You could save me some time just by telling me which one to buy first....I still don't have anything by him. shame
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeSep 2nd 2009
    christopher wrote
    Hmm, that's a lot of reviews! You could save me some time just by telling me which one to buy first....I still don't have anything by him. shame

Final Fantasy

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    ^
    What the man said! punk
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  7. What Erik said and Alien 3, both of uncomparable quality.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Erik Woods wrote
    christopher wrote
    Hmm, that's a lot of reviews! You could save me some time just by telling me which one to buy first....I still don't have anything by him. shame

Final Fantasy

-Erik-

And then Titus!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Southall wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    christopher wrote

Final Fantasy

-Erik-

And then Titus!

2 top works by him, by far. Then Michael Collins.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Christodoulides wrote
    Southall wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    christopher wrote

Final Fantasy

-Erik-

And then Titus!

2 top works by him, by far. Then Michael Collins.

Then Interview with... oh. He only asked for one. But still, with Goldenthal you can hardly go wrong!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    So true; but if the question is about the one and only Goldenthal score, then the answer is easy indeed.

FINAL FANTASY: the spirits within
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I've always found Titus to be a bit of a difficult listen on album. A great great score, but not as easy listen.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeSep 2nd 2009 edited
    I wish we'd see a release of Julie Taymour's FOOL'S FIRE. It sounds like fun:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otPh5QcJTqg

(I think Timmer described it as "SPITTING IMAGE on acid"!)

That is, in fact, the only clip of the music (and film) I've been able to find. The score does not exist even on bootleg, and the film is almost impossible to find.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeSep 2nd 2009 edited
    Steven wrote
    I've always found Titus to be a bit of a difficult listen on album. A great great score, but not as easy listen.

True, especially the in-between more experimental music with the sax etc. Maybe Michael Collins is generally a smoother listening experience on CD?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Thor wrote
    I wish we'd see a release of Julie Taymour's FOOL'S FIRE. It sounds like fun:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otPh5QcJTqg

(I think Timmer described it as "SPITTING IMAGE on acid"!)

That is, in fact, the only clip of the music (and film) I've been able to find. The score does not exist even on bootleg, and the film is almost impossible to find.

You quote me correctly Thor wink