• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. A new thread for the legendary pair of composers and songwriters.

The reason I started this is because of a new documentary called "The Boys: The Sherman Brothers' Story", whose trailer can be found here.

It would be very nice to see their lives and works paid tribute to properly. applause
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeMay 23rd 2009
    I love their songs for Disney's Jungle Book! punk
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMay 23rd 2009
    No one has ever bettered the work the Sherman's did for Disney...nobody!
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthordgoldwas
    • CommentTimeMay 24th 2009
    Richard Sherman has to be one of the nicest, sweetest and talented composers I've ever had the good fortune to meet and know. Every time I see him he is just so full of excitement and energy that you wouldn't expect he's as old as he is.
    I consider a project a success when Thor says he won't buy it
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeMay 24th 2009
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    • CommentTimeJun 20th 2009 edited
    I was re-watching The AristoCats, and noticed two of my favorite songs (Thomas O'Malley Cat and Ev'rybody Wants To Be A Cat) are not by Sherman Brothers dizzy Also I just found out The Bare Necessities from The Jungle Book was not written by Sherman Bros. dizzy

Music credits of old Disney films were much more complicated than MediaVentures stuff dizzy
    Labels are for cans, not people. - Anthony Rapp
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeJun 22nd 2009 edited
    Miya wrote
    Music credits of old Disney films were much more complicated than MediaVentures stuff dizzy

lol
    You're not wrong!
    Due to the old studio system, whole gaggles of composers were used for any one score, and for modern-day compilation/CD creators it's a nightmare splitting out all the credits.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeJun 22nd 2009
    Miya wrote
    Also I just found out The Bare Necessities from The Jungle Book was not written by Sherman Bros. dizzy

shocked Really?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Really.
    Even though the Shermans certainly had a hand in keeping it alive.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Well I never!?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt