• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. If I had a job, and the money, I would snatch it right up. Finally, based on that FSM user's descripton, something to get excited over.

And also finally, a new Thomas Newman scored getting a CD release; it's been since ... "Wall-E" I think.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  2. Maybe even his first score since Wall-E period.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeFeb 19th 2011
    Wall-e has a...period?
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  3. PawelStroinski wrote
    Maybe even his first score since Wall-E period.

Nope. At least three since then (before TADB) and one project he quitted.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  4. Christodoulides wrote
    Relativity Music Group has announced a soundtrack album for the upcoming sci-fi romance thriller The Adjustment Bureau. The album includes Thomas Newman’s original score from the film, as well as the song The Future’s Bright, which was written for the film by Newman and singer/songwriter Richard Ashcroft (former frontman of The Verve). The album will be released on March 1, 2011.

More here:
    http://relativitymusicgroup.net/#

and here:
    http://filmmusicreporter.wordpress.com/ … announced/

Fuck yes!! punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    • CommentTimeFeb 20th 2011
    I'm very much looking forward to this one.
    • CommentAuthorkilar30
    • CommentTimeFeb 20th 2011
    Me too!!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeFeb 21st 2011
    Who isn't? In the meantime, here's some fine tunes to keep you busy 'till this gets released!
  5. Sam Mendes, who has used Newman on all his directed films (except two TV movies at the beginning) is the director of Bond 23.

I know, realistically they'll probably have him used David Arnold, but I would be interested to hear TN's take. What about you guys?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeFeb 22nd 2011
    What a brave and utterly fascinating choice that would be.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeFeb 22nd 2011
    Timmer wrote
    What a brave and utterly fascinating choice that would be.

Extremely agreeable comment, this one here smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    • CommentTimeFeb 23rd 2011
    What's curious about Newman is we haven't heard a fully developed action score from him (though I remember reading that such films don't interest him, or something along those lines) but I'd love to hear him have a go as I'm sure he'd do well.

I'm not confident at all that he'll get offered the gig but, like you've all said, it would show that the studio has massive balls. Which, generally, they don't.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    They don't, FACT! Expect Arnold ( not that I'll complain ), the Bond team are very loyal.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    I hope that Mendes will remain loyal to Newman for his other future projects. Their collaborations so far have been superb.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Indeedy! You never know, if for some reason Arnold isn't available ( john Barry would have been on board for ALL the Bond's he missed if he'd been available ) maybe Mendes will get a say in who scores it?
  6. I'd love to hear an all-out action score by Newman, even though he has said in the past that such films aren't really his forte. Too bad, because his Pixar scores and Angels in America, among others, prove that he can write some damn good action music if he's required to.
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    • CommentTimeFeb 23rd 2011 edited
    Like I said, it's definitely not beyond his capabilities. If he doesn't want to write that sort of stuff, I'm not going to argue, since he's great at what he does already - I'll certainly never tire of his typical output. His ability at producing subtle textural ambience, haunting piano themes and piercingly moving string passages clearly makes him popular with directors who want just that. Though, still, I'd love to hear what he could come out with for a more action-oriented film.
  7. Isn't the Adjustment Bureau going to be a T. Newman action score? If not, it will certainly have some action-y material, I'm sure.

I would also love to hear a Bond score by Thomas Newman.
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    • CommentTimeFeb 25th 2011
    THE ADJUSTMENT BUREAU - TRACKLIST

1. Fate
    2. Inflection Points
    3. Elise
    4. Four Elections
    5. Future's Bright (performed by Richard Ashcroft)
    6. The Girl On The Bus
    7. Square-One Reset
    8. Richardson
    9. None Of Them Are You
    10. New Leaf
    11. Pier 17
    12. Recalibration
    13. The Substrate
    14. Real Kiss
    15. Fever (Adam Freeland Remix) (performed by Sarah Vaughan)
    16. The Illusion Of Free Will
    17. Escher Loop
    18. The Ripples Must Be Endless (End Titles)
    19. Are You Ready (performed by Richard Ashcroft)
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeFeb 25th 2011
    Oh yes! Looking forward to this one. punk
    Kazoo
  8. Too bad there are no music samples.
  9. New project, apparently: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1535438/
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    • CommentTimeFeb 27th 2011 edited
    You can hear the new Richard Ashcroft song from the film, co-written by Newman, here.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeFeb 27th 2011
    Sounds very average, I had higher hopes. Regardless, I'm looking forward to hearing the score.
  10. Not as good as "Down to Earth", but it's still pretty cool.
    • CommentAuthordman
    • CommentTimeFeb 27th 2011 edited
    Music samples are up:

http://www.amazon.com/Original-Motion-P … 004PV2LFC/

If you plan to see the movie, I don't recommend sampling track 18. It's listed as the End Title, but a version of that theme appears earlier in the film and it's a really neat moment (a great scene with great music). It's worth going out of your way to avoid spoiling it (IMO).
  11. Timmer wrote
    Sounds very average, I had higher hopes. Regardless, I'm looking forward to hearing the score.

It wouldn't surprise me. I found the Wall-E song terrible. I don't know how the Oscar committee treat songs like that with a straight face.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
  12. dman wrote
    Music samples are up:

http://www.amazon.com/Original-Motion-Picture-Soundtrack-Adjustment/dp/B004PV2LFC/

If you plan to see the movie, I don't recommend sampling track 18. It's listed as the End Title, but a version of that theme appears earlier in the film and it's a really neat moment (a great scene with great music). It's worth going out of your way to avoid spoiling it (IMO).

It sounds a bit similar to Phenomenon. Lots of percussion, guitars, and strings.
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    • CommentTimeFeb 28th 2011
    I like the sound of it. It's undeniably Newman but there are still some things which surprised me in the clips.
  13. New project for the composer:

The Help

http://filmmusicreporter.wordpress.com/ … -the-help/