• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeNov 16th 2011
    New trailer for THE IRON LADY is out. Looks like another Oscar for Meryl Streep? In any case, I'm pretty interested in this.

http://www.imdb.com/video/imdb/vi3056442905

IMDb currently lists Thomas Newman and Clint Mansell as the composer, but lets just presume the latter was added by some dumb twit who recognized the MOON score in the teaser, since this very recent full trailer still lists Tommy as the only composer. Some people.
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    Feels like something that would look right at home in Desplat's catalogue but I'm glad it isn't. Looking forward to hearing what Newman comes up with.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    Ah, good to see his score will also get a release! The soundtrack will arrive on december 20th, and the listed artist is Thomas Newman, so I'm sure it's the score instead of some soundtrack with period songs!

http://www.amazon.com/Iron-Lady-Thomas- … amp;sr=8-1
  1. Mansell was actually *supposed* to be the composer, but he seems to have been replaced. He was hired for this.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
  2. Mansell's score was replaced a bit ago. I think I got it on "DEMOS" on my site.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  3. LSH wrote
    Feels like something that would look right at home in Desplat's catalogue but I'm glad it isn't. Looking forward to hearing what Newman comes up with.

Yeah, I think Desplat needs a break from films about British politics, past and present. It'll be great to hear what Newman comes up with.
    • CommentAuthorBasilB
    • CommentTimeDec 2nd 2011
    First Listen from "The Iron Lady" over at CinemaMusica.de:

http://www.cinemamusica.de/1697/lieblic … -iron-lady

Enjoy!
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    • CommentTimeDec 4th 2011
    Sounds interesting. There's some quite intense material in those clips for Newman. I'll be getting it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeJan 4th 2012
    Thomas Newman to score Skyfall?
    http://www.mi6-hq.com/news/index.php?itemid=9922

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeJan 4th 2012 edited
    Oh wow, that would be awesome. I got NO idea what Thomas would do with James Bond, and that's why it excites me. And after reading Arnold will be busy anyway with other projects, this could be likely. It would be great to have a fresh sound again.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Grreat!

Not so surprising since Mendes is directing, but on the other hand, it's not an obvious choice. But that makes it all the more worth looking forward to (not that an Arnold score is a bad thing, but we've heard it all now I think.)
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    I heard some time ago that Mendes insisted when signing on to the film that he would only do so if he was allowed to choose his own composer (which is not usually the case for a Bond film director).
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Bregt wrote
    Grreat!

Not so surprising since Mendes is directing, but on the other hand, it's not an obvious choice. But that makes it all the more worth looking forward to (not that an Arnold score is a bad thing, but we've heard it all now I think.)

Indeed! I think it's an absolutely fascinating choice.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  4. Well, he better pull it off, 'cause if he doesn't, Arnold is busy, who knows what aweful choice we may get as a last minute replacement.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  5. Erik Woods wrote

-Erik-

it would be excellent news if he did.
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    justin boggan wrote
    Well, he better pull it off, 'cause if he doesn't, Arnold is busy, who knows what aweful choice we may get as a last minute replacement.

I'd be interested in hearing a Brian Tyler version ...... maybe ...... cheesy
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Ew!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  6. lp wrote
    justin boggan wrote
    Well, he better pull it off, 'cause if he doesn't, Arnold is busy, who knows what aweful choice we may get as a last minute replacement.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YcdOPcTkPjY#t=0m26s
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Erik Woods wrote

-Erik-

Newman scoring a Bond movie? I hope we don't fall asleep in the first five minutes sleep
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    John Powell should be doing it. End of story.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Anthony wrote
    John Powell should be doing it. End of story.

Couldn't agree more.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Couldn't disagree more! Powell's been there, done that!

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    Erik Woods wrote
    Couldn't disagree more! Powell's been there, done that!

-Erik-

Couldn't disagree more... with your... disagreement. I'd love to hear Powell in a Bond movie. It's true that he has practically been there, but that's what would make such a choice make sense.

That said, I do find the choice of Thomas Newman so bizarre that I'm looking forward to the result. They might as well have hired Rachel Portman. Has he ever done anything before remotely bondish?

Peter smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    There are quite a few composers I'd like to hear a Bond score from.

Thomas Newman
    John Powell
    Christopher Lennertz
    Don Davis
    Edward Shearmur
    Terence Blanchard
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    LSH wrote
    John Powell
    Christopher Lennertz
    Edward Shearmur

These three have pretty much done Bond scores. Powell (Agent Cody Banks), Lennertz (Bond video games) and Shearmur (Johnny English) That's why I applaud the apparent selection of Newman because he hasn't done ANYTHING like this before!

-Erik-
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    That's precisely why I'm worried. This could go horribly wrong or wonderfully well.

And it's Bond, so I really don't want them to fuck it up.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeJan 5th 2012
    Anthony wrote
    That's precisely why I'm worried. This could go horribly wrong or wonderfully well.

I would like to remind you about Shore and the Lord of the Rings.

Newman is one of Hollywood's finest composers and will no doubt in my mind adapt to the sounds of Bond with ease.

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    Erik Woods wrote
    LSH wrote
    John Powell
    Christopher Lennertz
    Edward Shearmur

These three have pretty much done Bond scores. Powell (Agent Cody Banks), Lennertz (Bond video games) and Shearmur (Johnny English) That's why I applaud the apparent selection of Newman because he hasn't done ANYTHING like this before!

-Erik-

I certainly welcome Newman over the rest for the very same reason.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    LSH wrote
    There are quite a few composers I'd like to hear a Bond score from.

Thomas Newman
    John Powell
    Christopher Lennertz
    Don Davis
    Edward Shearmur
    Terence Blanchard

Blanchard would be a GREAT choice!
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    lp wrote
    justin boggan wrote

Not! moon