• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeApr 12th 2008
    DemonStar wrote
    Nothing much to see there yet tongue Though I'm interested about what's coming...

Probably a tracklist and covers. Or... did I just spoil it for you?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    BobdH wrote
    DemonStar wrote
    Nothing much to see there yet tongue Though I'm interested about what's coming...

Probably a tracklist and covers. Or... did I just spoil it for you?

The spoiling coulda been better with some track clips as well! wink lol
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Southall wrote
    Someone wrote
    The music is really good, and matches the film nicely.

Don't tell John Barry!

I'd rather have THE BEYONDNESS OF THINGS than a Barry soundtrack for Horse Botherers cool wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  1. I'm very excited about this. I've heard some very good things about his score and it's probably going to be excellent.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Timmer wrote
    Southall wrote
    Someone wrote

Don't tell John Barry!

I'd rather have THE BEYONDNESS OF THINGS than a Barry soundtrack for Horse Botherers cool wink

My comment was too obscure for anyone to understand what I actually meant, I think. I was referring to Barry's comments about George Lazenby saying "wow, it fits!" when he heard OHMSS for the first time, and Barry saying "of course it fucking fits, this is what I do for a living."
  2. Southall wrote
    My comment was too obscure for anyone to understand what I actually meant, I think. I was referring to Barry's comments about George Lazenby saying "wow, it fits!" when he heard OHMSS for the first time, and Barry saying "of course it fucking fits, this is what I do for a living."

biggrin
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeApr 14th 2008
    Southall wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Southall wrote
    Someone wrote

Don't tell John Barry!

A bit too subtle for me James even though I've heard that story before.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeApr 26th 2008 edited
    WALT DISNEY RECORDS proudly presents the WALL*E ORIGINAL SCORE by Thomas Newman. PLUS a BRAND NEW PETER GABRIEL single "Down To Earth".

Cover:
    http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/6 … SS500_.jpg

Amazon.com page:
    http://www.amazon.com/Wall-e-Original-S … amp;sr=1-1

I've gotta say that cover looks... odd. Would it've been made of that cardboard kinda stuff?
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    • CommentTimeApr 27th 2008
    Thanks for the update, this is one of the most exciting releases of the summer, IMO. smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    Absolutely! Though I can't make up my mind whats the most exciting one of the Big Three... Indiana Jones IV? The Dark Knight? Wall-e? It's all so, so exicting! punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I can: Indiana Jones! It's very simple really. wink
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeApr 27th 2008 edited
    Steven wrote

Far and away monsignor, Always! punk

coutesy bad puns r Tim
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Timmer wrote
    Steven wrote

Far and away monsignor, Always! punk

coutesy bad puns r Tim

Empire of the Sun Hook, Saving Private Ryan!

..oh wait, I get what you were doing now. Stupid me.
  3. WALL-E tracklisting:

1. Put On Your Sunday Clothes Performed by Michael Crawford
    2. 2815 A.D.
    3. Wall-E
    4. The Spaceship
    5. EVE*
    6. Thrust
    7. Bubble Wrap
    8. La Vie En Rose Performed by Louis Armstrong
    9. Eye Surgery
    10. Worry Wait
    11. First Date
    12. Eve Retrieve
    13. The Axiom
    14. BNL**
    15. Foreign Contaminant
    16. Repair Ward
    17. 72 Degrees and Sunny
    18. Typing Bot
    19. Septuacentennial
    20. Gopher
    21. Wall-E's Pod Adventure
    22. Define Dancing*
    23. No Splashing No Diving
    24. All That Love's About
    25. M-O
    26. Directive A-113
    27. Mutiny!
    28. Fixing Wall-E
    29. Rogue Robots
    30. March of the Gels
    31. Tilt
    32. The Holo-Detector
    33. Hyperjump
    34. Desperate Eve
    35. Static
    36. It Only Takes a Moment Performed by Michael Crawford
    37. Down to Earth*** Performed by Peter Gabriel
    38. Horizon 12.2
    *Composed by Thomas Newman and Peter Gabriel
    **Written by Bill Bernstein and Thomas Newman
    *** Music by Peter Gabriel and Thomas Newman, Lyrics by Peter Gabriel
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeMay 15th 2008
    I don't think there are enough tracks!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMay 15th 2008
    Newman has some very weird kind of obsession-erection with those damn short tracks! Annoying and anti-musical I'd call it, some others would call it fun.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeMay 15th 2008 edited
    obsession-erection

shocked
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeMay 15th 2008 edited
    Pete Gabriel!! shocked biggrin

Hopefully this will be better than Finding Nemo as that's my least favourite Pixar score.
  4. Gosh! 38 tracks?!? So much for theme development...
    •  
      CommentAuthorDavid
    • CommentTimeMay 16th 2008
    Doesn't beat Finding Nemo though -- 40 tracks. wink
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    David wrote

Good, but too bitty to really get into rolleyes
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    David wrote

Hehe, yeah, that's exactly what I thought after looking at the tracklist! biggrin

Anyway, I'd love to hear what he comes up in this one. Hopefully it'll have better thematic development than Finding Nemo.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeMay 16th 2008 edited
    Christodoulides wrote
    Newman has some very weird kind of obsession-erection with those damn short tracks! Annoying and anti-musical I'd call it, some others would call it fun.

With Tommie, I really don't mind. He's proved that he can still present a coherent album with a lot of little cues, mainly because, for him, it works best this way. Just look at Finding Nemo: every track is different and on itself. And you never get the fealing that a track of his is saying nothing.
    •  
      CommentAuthorRalph Kruhm
    David wrote

Well, wanna know what I thought about the Nemo score...? slant

I really hope for some nice space atmosphere tracks, but this will most certainly never be near anything I would hope for. I like Newman, but there is still a Pixar score to come out that I listen to more than once (though I like the movies well).

And yes, that definitely includes The Incredibles, which didn´t even make it through the first listen.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    BobdH wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

With Tommie, I really don't mind. He's proved that he can still present a coherent album with a lot of little cues, mainly because, for him, it works best this way. Just look at Finding Nemo: every track is different and on itself. And you never get the fealing that a track of his is saying nothing.

Absolutely. Newman is the only composer I can think of who makes this approach work. He doesn't waste a note - everything is there for a reason, and saying something.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    David wrote

Doesn't beat the Finding Nemo complete though -- 52 tracks. wink
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Ralph Kruhm wrote
    but there is still a Pixar score to come out that I listen to more than once (though I like the movies well).

And yes, that definitely includes The Incredibles, which didn´t even make it through the first listen.

Blasphemy! What didn't you like about it? shocked
    •  
      CommentAuthorRalph Kruhm
    @ The Incredibles:

I will admit that it fits the movie like a second skin and thus definitely is the perfect score for it, BUT since I am absolutely unable to stand this kind of Sixties Jazz Action stuff outside its natural environment (the movie), as well as Jazz in general, I can´t bear to listen to it longer than five minutes. It´s certainly not the composer´s fault.

It´s very much the same thing with Williams´ modern action stuff. Erik helped me finding structure and sense in it, but I still don´t like it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSylvos
    The cover is still very unfitting. WALL-E had some really nice posters, I don't see why they picked the current one over those. I hope it's a temporary placeholder.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeMay 18th 2008
    Sylvos wrote
    The cover is still very unfitting. WALL-E had some really nice posters, I don't see why they picked the current one over those. I hope it's a temporary placeholder.

Judging by the cardboardey look of it and the 'slightly wider then general' size, I guess they're doing something special with it? Like, not a jewel case? I'm sure we can expect this cover. And, yeah, I regret this too, because I was hoping they'd take that first teaserposter, with WALL-E looking all lonely up to the stars. But, who knows, maybe that special cover thingy works out kewl anyway?