• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. Reading the review will have to wait then until I have battled through this first Smaug CD. Must concentrate, must concentrate...
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 14th 2013
    I've listened to both CD's Alan and love it. I do think it could do with some serious trimming though.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    oops! Just realised I'm in the Thomas Newman thread, there's a lot of cross pollination going on these past few days.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Newman. So good.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  2. I like it a lot. It's like Little Women crossed with The Help.
  3. Jon Broxton wrote
    My review of SAVING MR. BANKS, for anyone who is interested:

http://moviemusicuk.us/2013/12/13/savin … as-newman/

Jon

If you loved it, then surely Southall will adore it.
  4. So Thomas Newman won a Grammy for Skyfall last week. Here's hoping he gets his due acclaim for Saving Mr. Banks.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeFeb 2nd 2014
    How to the Grammy's work? Skyfall came out over 12 months ago. Shouldn't that have been in last years awards
    ?
  5. I think the cutoff for nominations is October of a given year. Skyfall came out in November of 2012.
  6. Once again the Oscars merely "like" Newman, but don't love him. Always a bridesmaid...
  7. Let's not forget that even to be nominated is still a great honour.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  8. FalkirkBairn wrote
    Let's not forget that even to be nominated is still a great honour.

And seeing how the Academy works in terms of nominations (chosen by peers) and wins (chosen by everyone influenced by advertising), it may in fact be a greater honour to be nominated than to win. Still though... it's always nice to win something. I won a t-shirt once... biggrin
    www.synchrotones.wordpress.com | www.synchrotones.co.uk | @Synchrotones | facebook | soundcloud | youtube
    •  
      CommentAuthorRobinson
    • CommentTimeMar 3rd 2014
    Been a big Thomas Newman fan right after I listened "Meet Joe Black" and ever since I have always considered one of the most talented composers of his and any other generation. What I have yet to comprehend is how is that after 12 different nominations, he has not been able to get this award... I mean, youre f*****g telling me this guy did not deserve this award either with American Beauty, Finding Nemo or Road to Perdition?! Are you kidding me??!!
    Robinson
  9. Robinson wrote
    Been a big Thomas Newman fan right after I listened "Meet Joe Black" and ever since I have always considered one of the most talented composers of his and any other generation. What I have yet to comprehend is how is that after 12 different nominations, he has not been able to get this award... I mean, youre f*****g telling me this guy did not deserve this award either with American Beauty, Finding Nemo or Road to Perdition?! Are you kidding me??!!

Don't forget WALL-E. The music is one of the main reasons that movie worked as well as it did.
    •  
      CommentAuthorRobinson
    • CommentTimeMar 4th 2014
    Of course I remember Wall-e! Another great score.. Touching, adventourous, funny... Great all around score... My favorite track is EVE...
    Robinson
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Robinson, long time no see mate! Welcome back, how are you?
    •  
      CommentAuthorRobinson
    Hey Demetris!!!!! Im doing fine thanks.. Great to hear from you too.. You Demetris have always been a class act, very friendly, awesome nice guy and one of the best people in this community... Thanks for that!!
    Robinson
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMar 4th 2014 edited
    Dear Robinson, thanks, i am humbled! I can only say the same about you, glad to see you posting here again my friend. Don't vanish again! beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorRobinson
    Thats one of the things that make you a great friend, being humble and again thanks for that... Lol i promise I will try my best not to vanish.. Lol you funny! ;-P
    Robinson
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMar 4th 2014 edited
    Stop it, you two!
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorRobinson
    • CommentTimeMar 5th 2014
    biggrin biggrin
    Robinson
  10. Yay. Best Exotic Marigold Hotel 2 is forthcoming.

I think this is the first franchise that Newman is doing...
  11. Ahem.

Skyfall.

(for once relevant)
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
  12. And Finding Dory.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeMay 5th 2014
    franz_conrad wrote
    Ahem.

Skyfall.

(for once relevant)

biggrin
  13. Steven wrote
    franz_conrad wrote
    Ahem.

Skyfall.

(for once relevant)

biggrin

Didn't score the first film...50+ years ago.
  14. Edmund Meinerts wrote
    And Finding Dory.

Not confirmed yet.
  15. You may look past those two examples, but how can you ignore THE SHAWSHANK REDEMPTION 2: THE WARDEN STRIKES BACK? That score was fantastic!
  16. Kevin Scarlet wrote
    Edmund Meinerts wrote
    And Finding Dory.

Not confirmed yet.

Considering Andrew Stanton has tweeted on multiple occasions about how there could only possibly be one composer for that film, I think it's as good as. smile