• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeSep 8th 2012
    To be honest it it sounds like Tomorrow Never Dies or The World Is Not Enough, I'd be very happy.

I wish more music from TWINE was released. It's possibly my favourite Arnold Bond.
  1. Picture from the scoring sessions to "Skyfall": PICTURE
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  2. Several new reviews:

- Angels in America
    - Finding Nemo
    - Road to Perdition
    - The Salton Sea
    - White Oleander
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
  3. Road to Perdition is in many ways the quintessential Newman score. All the trademark beauty and quirkiness rolled into one score.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeSep 20th 2012
    I think the Skyfall soundtrack may have been pushed back by a week - Amazon informed me a new ETA date of the 29th October.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeSep 21st 2012
    Kevin Scarlet wrote
    Road to Perdition is in many ways the quintessential Newman score. All the trademark beauty and quirkiness rolled into one score.

I would say ANGELS IN AMERICA holds all that. I enjoy Road To Perdition more though, it's a fantastic score.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    • CommentTimeSep 22nd 2012 edited
    Gentleman,

We may have here our first look at Thomas Newman's score to Skyfall. It certainly sounds like it to me. I'm liking what I'm hearing. Any thoughts?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeSep 22nd 2012
    omaha wrote
    Gentleman,

We may have here our first look at Thomas Newman's score to Skyfall. It certainly sounds like it to me. I'm liking what I'm hearing. Any thoughts?

If it is I like it. If it isn't I still like it.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  4. Sounds like it could be Newman. Sounds like James Bond. Sounds good.
    •  
      CommentAuthorArtworks
    Sounds great. I'm not familiar with much of Newman's music, but has he done music with so much "electronics" in it before?
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    Artworks wrote
    Sounds great. I'm not familiar with much of Newman's music, but has he done music with so much "electronics" in it before?

Mainly early on in his career, he did. Nowadays he basically uses anything that creates the sound he wants to achieve, which ranges from unconventional solo instruments to electronics mixed with orchestra. Perhaps this here marks the most 'modern' and conventional use of electronics of his to date, but at the same time it also has a certain Newman-quality.

Quite like it, and promising for the rest. The balance between the previously established Bond-sound and a new fresh feel is great!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    Anthony wrote
    I think the Skyfall soundtrack may have been pushed back by a week - Amazon informed me a new ETA date of the 29th October.

Well, it's been pushed back again, since it's now listed at November 6th. As an import, also. Eh?

http://www.amazon.com/Skyfall-Thomas-Ne … skyfall+cd

EDIT: Never mind, it seems to be an import from the British Amazon, where it is indeed released at october 29th, still.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    I'm really looking forward to this. I'm genuinely intrigued by it - no idea what it will sound like.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Same here. You can't say this about many new scores these days.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    I want to be surprised but it must, must sound like a Bond score. Whether that's something like what we've heard before or something completely original I don't know. As long as it works!
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    • CommentTimeSep 23rd 2012
    I imagine there will at least be little place for the standard Newman tinkly stuff. If you know what I mean. lol.
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
  5. That possible soundclip posted over at FSM (not confirmed it is from the score) is quite attractive...
    http://www.iflymagazine.com/?locale=nl_ … /cocacola/
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    • CommentTimeSep 24th 2012
    franz_conrad wrote
    That possible soundclip posted over at FSM (not confirmed it is from the score) is quite attractive...

I hope it's not just me that I only hear David Arnold in that cue.
    •  
      CommentAuthorCristian
    Main Title from Angels in America is probably my favorite main title from a movie/tv show/mini series.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    franz_conrad wrote
    That possible soundclip posted over at FSM (not confirmed it is from the score) is quite attractive...

It seems unlikely considering the sessions only finished on (Friday?).....still, you never know?
  6. It is Arnoldesque, but feels a bit richer in the interplay of layers for me. (Which tends to be a feature of Newman's very layered music.)
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    I wish I hadn't heard it now. If it is Newman, I have high expectations. If it isn't Newman, then back to worrying about what it could be like I go.
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    • CommentTimeSep 25th 2012
    Anthony wrote
    I wish I hadn't heard it now. If it is Newman, I have high expectations. If it isn't Newman, then back to worrying about what it could be like I go.

If this is him, my expectations are significantly higher as well. Can't wait!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeOct 4th 2012
    SONY MUSIC RELEASES SCORE SOUNDTRACK OF THE NEW JAMES BOND FILM “SKYFALL™” | Altsounds.com News

http://hangout.altsounds.com/news/15297 … -bond.html
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  7. Awesome. I can hardly wait.
    •  
      CommentAuthorArtworks
    Is that gun shots he has sampled? If so, that is pretty damn awesome! smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    Nah, it's more like an amateur isolated score version of the trailer, with some sound fx still coming through.
    •  
      CommentAuthorArtworks
    No, that's not the part I mean (I know that you can hear a gun loading, that's clearly a sound effect). But I see now, that this is from the teaser trailer, so it's probably not Thomas Newman at all.
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    • CommentTimeOct 5th 2012
    First Clip

Ummm... At first blush, sounds like David Arnold. The James Bond theme is being broken down into something that could be an action theme, but it sounds terrible. I hope this isn't the score.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeOct 5th 2012
    Least it sounds big. That was my main concern.