• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeOct 12th 2009
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Mmm....didn't grab my attention if I'm honest. sad
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    DemonStar wrote
    New trailer - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKP-9BtB … re=related

CAN'T. WAIT. punk

I can wait, like forever. I don't mind wink
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    You not a fan of Toy Story, D?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Not really. Esp. when they make a third installment.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I thought Toy Story 1 & 2 were great fun. I'm not licking my lips over a 3rd one but I'll certainly watch it if I get the opportunity.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Christodoulides wrote

The second was great, so there's no reason why the third shouldn't be.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    DemonStar wrote
    New trailer - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKP-9BtB … re=related

CAN'T. WAIT. punk

Ditto! I saw this trailer in 3D last weekend and it looked fantastic! I love the Toy Story films, especially the second one. Hopefully, they can bring back the same magic for the third one.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeOct 13th 2009
    Christodoulides wrote

Same here. I think it was because Disney were going to go ahead and make a third one, and Pixar stepped in because they didn't want to see their Toy Story universe raped by retarded Disney producers. So they had to make a third one. (I just don't think we really need another one. At all.)
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    I love both the Toy Story films, and really looking forward to this one too. Just hope the soundtrack gets a CD release (it has Randy Newman's songs, so there's a good chance).
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Give me more pixar, non-Toy story, gorgeousness anyday.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeOct 13th 2009 edited
    Me too. Pixar's all about the next great story, not franchising or seqeuls. I'm sure it will be a good film, but something else would have been better.

Pixar are so much better than Toy Story now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Steven wrote
    Me too. Pixar's all about the next great story, not franchising or seqeuls. I'm sure it will be a good film, but something else would have been better.

Pixar are so much better than Toy Story now.

I don't think they've gone better than Toy Story 2 yet, I have to say. I know that in general they are more intended to be pure "fun" than the later films, but the montage sequence in TS2 where the female toy reminisces about the days before she was ignored is absolutely stunning, coupled with Randy Newman's song the cinema I saw it in (both times - and both times largely full of kids) was in total silence for that whole sequence and the minutes that followed. I don't think the equivalent sequence in Up (the montage of Carl and his wife's life together) is nearly so affecting.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Never been much of a fan of Toy Story 2 (relative to the other Pixar films). Far too 'Disney' for my taste, which is exactly why I like prefer the newer ones (i.e. the ones that don't have Randy Newman scoring them). Apparently I find it easier to connect with a fish or a robot than I do a toy.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Steven wrote
    Never been much of a fan of Toy Story 2 (relative to the other Pixar films). Far too 'Disney' for my taste, which is exactly why I like prefer the newer ones (i.e. the ones that don't have Randy Newman scoring them). Apparently I find it easier to connect with a fish or a robot than I do a toy.

Hmm, while I generally prefer the newer ones too (which I would probably describe as the ones that don't have John Lasseter directing them, since I suspect that has more to do with it), I would say they are FAR more "Disney" than the earlier ones. The first four Pixar films are pretty much the model on which all modern non-Disney films are based (only they're all much worse, obviously) whereas Finding Nemo onwards (The Incredibles apart) are more like the vintage Disney stuff made up to the end of the 50s.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Cripes, I didn't even know there was a TOY STORY 2! I obviously have some catching up to do.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorkeky
    I love both Toy Story 1 and 2 but this trailer doesn't seem too exciting for me.
    As for the other Pixar films, Finding Nemo is my absolute favourite and Ratatouille - or how it's written - is my least liked. I simply can't like movies in which they cook or bake or do any other stuff in the kitchen.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    There's something more adult about the newer ones, more mature. I guess that's what I prefer about the newer ones. John Lasseter is a big kid, and it definitely shows through in the earlier films. Brad Bird on other hand is a bit more of a mature filmmaker, and even if Ratatouille is a typical Disney like film, I much prefer it over the Toy Story films (plus it doesn't have annoying Randy Newman songs singing about what he sees).

The sequence in Toy Story 2 that you love is exactly what I don't like about it. That felt very "Disney" and schmaltzy.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Steven wrote
    There's something more adult about the newer ones, more mature. I guess that's what I prefer about the newer ones. John Lasseter is a big kid, and it definitely shows through in the earlier films. Brad Bird on other hand is a bit more of a mature filmmaker, and even if Ratatouille is a typical Disney like film, I much prefer it over the Toy Story films (plus it doesn't have annoying Randy Newman songs singing about what he sees).

The sequence in Toy Story 2 that you love is exactly what I don't like about it. That felt very "Disney" and schmaltzy.

Couldn't agree more with the more mature, more adult quality of the new ones. They're ages ahead when in comes to all their qualities, both moral and also on-screen.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Steven wrote

Agreed, but the sequence in Up worked perfectly. I shed a tear at the end. Way more effective than I thought it would be!! cry
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    You guys are obviously all too young to appreciate this. One day you'll see.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I'm an old man at heart, so I very much doubt it. I went to a night club last night, walked out within the first five minutes and went to the pub instead (university rock climbing social).
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    You. My man.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    A typical conversation at a nightclub:

"Hey, how's it going?"

"What?"

"I said HEY HOW'S IT GOING?"

"YEAH, I KNOW"

"NO... I said HOW'S IT GO- never mind"

"YEAH, ME TOO!"

Yay. rolleyes
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    :epic-grin:

I had a conversation with a mate yesterday about clubbing and my general comment was "I don't get it."
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Steven, you've misunderstood the whole thing. You're not supposed to have intricate conversations at nightclubs!

Only simple words like "drink?" "yes", "dance?", "sure", "outside?", "OK", "my place?", "let's go!". wink

(seriously, I love discos and nightclubs, but not for the conversations, only for dancing and women)
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    I wish it was that easy for the rest of us. How do you "dance"?!?!?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Steven wrote
    A typical conversation at a nightclub:

Be afraid. You sound like me when I was in my youth.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Thor wrote
    Steven, you've misunderstood the whole thing. You're not supposed to have intricate conversations at nightclubs!

Only simple words like "drink?" "yes", "dance?", "sure", "outside?", "OK", "my place?", "let's go!". wink

(seriously, I love discos and nightclubs, but not for the conversations, only for dancing and women)

Oh I get the point. I just don't like it. In fact, I hate it with a passion. And the kind of women that go to nightclubs aren't the kind of women I'm interested in.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    I wouldn't be worried. You have a Z4 don't you?? WANT.