• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    • CommentTimeMay 30th 2009
    I recently bought CD of "Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest" by Hans Zimmer. I say its really awesome. Hans Zimmer is a very talented and gifted composer. Without him, this film would have been incomplete. However, to me film sucks. Only the opening scene and fighting scene on giant wheel was quite interesting and pleasant to watch but remaining just sucks. I say Hans Zimmer and Johnny Depp were saviors of this film. Yak! Anyhow, i liked his score for this movie. WONDERFUL!

What's your opinion?
    Racism, Prejudices and discrimination exists everywhere.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Very fun score it definitely is. The action tracks are standout for me, the quieter ones are somewhat dull. There's quite a lot of good unreleased stuff in the movie though, but the stuff on the CD is very enjoyable no doubt, at least for me. I prefer the score of At World's End though, it's much more well developed thematically and has better material, especially the great love theme and Hoist The Colors theme.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    You guys are evil, creating a new thread when we already have the Zimmer one. I´ll tell Tom, he´ll lay his vengeance upon you.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Me? Evil? devil biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Marselus wrote
    You guys are evil, creating a new thread when we already have the Zimmer one. I´ll tell Tom, he´ll lay his vengeance upon you.

lol
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Entertaining film, cool score!
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    All three films are entertaining. I can't remember the score for the first film but the following two have good fun scores.

I'm a bit confused as to why this one needs it's own thread?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorPanthera
    Because they are evil.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeMay 31st 2009
    I'm sure that if I don't even try The Lion King will find its way into this thread as well.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  1. bunny
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    Caaaaan you feeeel the loooove tonight.

Anyway in my opinion:

Movie: Part1 >> 2 > 3
    Music: Part3 >> 2 >>>>>> 1
    Labels are for cans, not people. - Anthony Rapp
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Oi!
    No slagging off Klausie!
    I'll have Bregje on you!
    angry
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    I'm sure that if I don't even try The Lion King will find its way into this thread as well.

freezing
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    bunny

Listening to Calypso from PoTC 3 right now actually. Stormy weather outside, fits eerily! cool
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    suicide
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    omaha wrote
    suicide

I'll join you suicide
  2. The Kraken is still one hell of a ride, love that sound and development, man they rully butchered it in the film angry
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Timmer wrote
    omaha wrote
    suicide

I'll join you suicide

Ok, I´ll pick up the bodies

suicide
    suicide
    bhangra
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeMay 31st 2009 edited
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    The Kraken is still one hell of a ride, love that sound and development, man they rully butchered it in the film angry

Indeed, it's shortened too much in the film. I'm pissed they didn't release the first half of the Wheel Of Fortune sequence music on CD, that had some really fun stuff.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    • CommentTimeJun 1st 2009
    Marselus wrote

Let it be there. I don't think this is a kind of big criminal act or against the rule of this forum. My intention of this thread not to just talk about score alone but i like to discuss about movie as well as Johnny Depp acting skills. I might have not elaborated about the stunning acting skills of Johnny Depp, which saved the movie, even then this could be valuable thread just to talk or discuss about Pirates of the Caribbeans movies alone. And most important stuff is that without Zimmer the whole movie would have been incomplete. The excellent acting of Johnny Depp as Jack Sparrow was beautifully accompanied by Zimmer's magical theme of "Jack Sparrow". Is it not, buddy?

Have a nice day! smile
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    • CommentTimeJun 1st 2009 edited
    Personally I think Gore Verbinski's entire trilogy (including the terrible media venture's music) is an embarrassment to the swashbuckling genre and film in general. rolleyes
    Then again... it is Jerry Bruckheimer produced.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Really? I think they're an improvement and an up-to-date movement; not to mention that the scores are influential and especially in the case of the third - KICK ASS.
  3. DemonStar wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    The Kraken is still one hell of a ride, love that sound and development, man they rully butchered it in the film angry

Indeed, it's shortened too much in the film. I'm pissed they didn't release the first half of the Wheel Of Fortune sequence music on CD, that had some really fun stuff.

indeed, was listening to the score a couple of tracks ago and I was surprised to find so little adventure music in the track Wheel of Fortune, considering it is a pretty long scene in the movie
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    Really? I think they're an improvement and an up-to-date movement; not to mention that the scores are influential and especially in the case of the third - KICK ASS.

As I said before, I think they are good fun....I certainly enjoyed them. The scores don't do as much for me as many others here but, hey ho rolleyes

I'd love to see a well made PROPER pirate movie.
  4. Timmer wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

As I said before, I think they are good fun....I certainly enjoyed them. The scores don't do as much for me as many others here but, hey ho rolleyes

we had a propper pirate movie, Cutthroat Island and for whatever reason it was a flop at the box office angry
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

we had a propper pirate movie, Cutthroat Island and for whatever reason it was a flop at the box office angry

Well, so everything pirate-y starts and stops at Cutthroat island? rolleyes
  5. Christodoulides wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

Well, so everything pirate-y starts and stops at Cutthroat island? rolleyes

no, but was there a pirate movie after that? Apart from the 3 POTC?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

Honestly speaking, Cutthroat Island was much better movie than Pirate of the Caribbean trilogy. I didn't like any of the part. I just admire the talent and skills of Johnny Depp. He is one of my favorite actors in Hollywood. Without his presence as Jack Sparrow, the movie would have been very worst. Ironically, pirates of the caribbean did great business at box office. What a strange world? vomit
  6. Sunil wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

Honestly speaking, Cutthroat Island was much better movie than Pirate of the Caribbean trilogy. I didn't like any of the part. I just admire the talent and skills of Johnny Depp. He is one of my favorite actors in Hollywood. Without his presence as Jack Sparrow, the movie would have been very worst. Ironically, pirates of the caribbean did great business at box office. What a strange world? vomit

that's true, if you mention POTC, everyone will mention Jack Sparrow. I wonder what would have happened if Jack wasn't in the picture?

Ah well, POTC has got one major problem. They gave it so much twists it stopped being entertaining
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

No, no, no. I meant a PROPER pirate movie based on the facts and reality, not nonsense. There are so many great stories out there, for example, a film about Blackbeard would make great cinema but the score would have to be very different from the usual swashbuckling fare.