• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    • CommentTimeJun 1st 2009
    Timmer wrote
    Quit while you're behind.

What do you mean? I don't understand. Are you asking me to quit from this forum? dizzy
    Racism, Prejudices and discrimination exists everywhere.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Sunil wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Quit while you're behind.

What do you mean? I don't understand. Are you asking me to quit from this forum? dizzy

It's just a play on words, of course I don't want you to quit this forum beer kiss
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    Oh! you played good game. Keep it up. biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    :epic-facepalm:

(I pray to God that we can have a facepalm emoticon on day.)
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    I really cannot comment on this situation as there has been little coverage in America. Racism has existed the entire 61 years I've spent on this planet.
    Thomas
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    • CommentTimeJun 1st 2009 edited
    Sunil wrote
    As per report, 29 Indian were brutally murdered and buried in Australia.

Please link to the source for the above statistic.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Ah; it seems that whenever God is mentioned, the end-result is the same as when Zimmer is mentioned.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    The phrase "keep your beliefs to yourself" does come to ones mind. wink
  1. Steven wrote
    The phrase "keep your beliefs to yourself" does come to ones mind. wink

When one of your beliefs is: "I am not a good <insert faith>-er if I don't share these wonderful truths", you can see how problems might arise in keeping it to yourself. wink
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Hey, ain't my problem! Deal with it. biggrin
  2. BTW, I think that verse you quote in your signature - clever choice for that post btw! - is more commonly translated as 'The kingdom of Heaven...' tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJun 2nd 2009
    religion and relationships=resentments
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeJun 2nd 2009
    franz_conrad wrote
    BTW, I think that verse you quote in your signature - clever choice for that post btw! - is more commonly translated as 'The kingdom of Heaven...' tongue

Ah, noted. wink (I prefer this version though.)
  3. Some have accused Christians of equating God and Heaven in the past, so it's an understandable slip! cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    • CommentTimeJun 9th 2009
    Its quite disheartening to see that racial attack in Australia continues. For the past few weeks, racial discrimination has grown very wild in Australia and it seems that Australian Government aren't taking these issues as serious one. At present condition, Australia is no safe place for Indian Students. Really shame on those racists.
  4. Sunil, I would love to see you post a link to whatever hyperbolic coverage your media outlets are spouting. Speaking as an Australian, I find your remarks offensive. The presence of racial violence in Australia is regrettable, but to my knowledge, no one is hiding it, and only a few are daring to suggest that it is more than niche element that is acting on the impulse.
    BTW, I'm yet to see any evidence for the 29 Indians brutally murdered and buried you spoke of in your original post, and that's the kind of slander that simply can't be ignored.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    Dear Franz,

My intention to post this is not to hurt anyone, especially Australians. I do respect Australians. I am not speaking or writing against whole of your nation, i was totally against racism, whether in Australia or in India. It doesn't make any difference. I know very well that racism exist all over the world. Nobody is perfect. Even in India, there are religious riots, communal riots, Caste riots and so on. In fact, wherever you go you can witness the racism in some form. Honestly speaking, i have seen many times that Australians and American do involve in racial attack more often, not only against Indians but whole world. Its worse that even well reputed sport personality involve in racial abuse. That's really disheartening. I can recollect now one incident that Darren Lehmann, Australian Cricketer who deliberately called the Srilankan cricketers as "Black Bastards", while play was on progress. Afterwards, he was banned for 4 matches and fined him also. This kind incident occurs even in well developed and educated nation, which is quite unacceptable. Am i right or not?
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    • CommentTimeJun 9th 2009 edited
    Sunil wrote
    Dear Franz,

My intention to post this is not to hurt anyone, especially Australians. I do respect Australians. I am not speaking or writing against whole of your nation, i was totally against racism, whether in Australia or in India.

You still haven't provided a source for that claim you made about 29 Indians being murdered and buried. I think its disingenuous to make such claims without backing it up and going off on a tangent about your intentions. Once again, what is your source? Can you link to any news site which mentions those 29 murders?
    If not then I'm going to assume that you're just rambling about, creating numerous threads just for your amusement.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Well, Sunil, to be fair to Michael, when you call out "Australia is no safe place for Indian Students. Really shame on those racists" then you can't really back up and try to mild things up by adding "exceptions". I am not taking parts here, but have you properly RESEARCHED the whole thing? What are your sources?
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  5. Sunil wrote
    I can recollect now one incident that Darren Lehmann, Australian Cricketer who deliberately called the Srilankan cricketers as "Black Bastards", while play was on progress. Afterwards, he was banned for 4 matches and fined him also. This kind incident occurs even in well developed and educated nation, which is quite unacceptable. Am i right or not?

Of course it's unacceptable, however I consider the morality of famous sportsmen - and indeed, all celebrities - as the low water mark for gauging the values of any nation. Why, all the women in the world should accuse Britain of not being a safe place for women, because Gordon Ramsey lives there, if your reasoning was sound.

Speaking of which... Get back to the point of your original post and say something about those 29 casualties that only you seem to know about.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    • CommentTimeJun 10th 2009

If not then I'm going to assume that you're just rambling about, creating numerous threads just for your amusement.

Hi Bhelpuri,

If you think i am posting these threads for my own amusement, then you are wrong. I agree without ready source i should haven't post those comments. But the way you written like that it would definitely hurts my feelings and you have disrespected my thoughts and opinions on this. Let me confess, one of my friends told me that there was an report that 29 Indian students were brutally murdered and Australia was trying to hide it. My biggest mistake i committed that without making proper research i have posted that original comment, which i really apologize for that. But as you desired, please click the below link, where you can discover the exact situation of Indian Students in Australia:

http://news.oneindia.in/2009/05/29/five … ndian.html

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/Alla … 636875.cms

http://news.oneindia.in/2009/05/29/petr … ralia.html

http://www.merinews.com/news/15771339.shtml

Is this enough? or you want more?

Have a nice day!
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    Perhaps the 29 came from the date mentioned in 3 of the 4 article, May 29.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    • CommentTimeJun 10th 2009 edited
    Sunil wrote
    I agree without ready source i should haven't post those comments.
    Let me confess, one of my friends told me that there was an report that 29 Indian students were brutally murdered and Australia was trying to hide it. My biggest mistake i committed that without making proper research i have posted that original comment, which i really apologize for that.

Thanks for finally setting it straight.

Sunil wrote
    But the way you written like that it would definitely hurts my feelings and you have disrespected my thoughts and opinions on this

After making that serious claim of 29 deaths in the first post and being called out on it immediately, it took you 12 more posts to finally respond to it after much tangential talk. That, for me, raised questions about whether you were serious about this topic or not.

But as you desired, please click the below link, where you can discover the exact situation of Indian Students in Australia...
    Is this enough? or you want more?

Sunil, Sunil, Sunil! Konjam seriya padi. I did not ask for articles about the attacks in general. I asked for a source for those 29 supposed casualties which you have now admitted as being false. I am aware of the reports of the attacks in the news media.

BTW in general I would not place much trust with newsrags like Times Of India. There are better articles with more balanced reporting:
    http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/ar … MN33MCE1Qg
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    Hey, Bhelpuri, are you from India, especially from Tamil Nadu? I was little bit surprised to see a person who can write good "Tamil" on this forum. beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    omaha wrote
    Perhaps the 29 came from the date mentioned in 3 of the 4 article, May 29.

biggrin lol
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    Oh My God! what is happening in this world? Why the whole world targeting Indians? Another racial attack took place, this time not in Australia but in Canada. Its very disheartening to see or hear such kind of racial attacks. Here is the link that reports two innocent Indians were killed in the name of racism in Canada.

http://in.news.yahoo.com/43/20090610/89 … ns-in.html

Kill the racists. kill
  6. Settle down Sunil. It's a long way to go before the land down under starts looking like Nazi Germany. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    Ok! Done. kiss
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Sunil, are you related to a certain Mr. Kokodezil per chance?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    Steven wrote
    Sunil, are you related to a certain Mr. Kokodezil per chance?

What? Who is Mr.Kokodezil? slant