• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    • CommentTimeJun 1st 2009
    Dear All,

Recently, one of the shameful act happened in Australia that many of Indian students were brutally attacked and killed by racists. As per report, 29 Indian were brutally murdered and buried in Australia. Its totally atrocious act even in this modern world. I think its time for us to come together and raise our voice against such an shameful racism act.

I hope you would certainly raise your voice against disease called racism.

Yours lovingly,

Sunil.
    Racism, Prejudices and discrimination exists everywhere.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeJun 1st 2009 edited
    With all due respect to the sensitivity of this subject to your own good self, I think this post may be a bit suggestive.

I for one could not find any report from any credible news source citing 29 confirmed deaths by "racist attacks", though obviously it is true there is some (grave) concern about attacks on Indian citizens in Australia, with 70 attacks over the last year.

However it seems very unlikely the atacks are racially motivated. (Other than Pakistan, I don't think there's actually a country in the world where Indians are seen as a specific target for violent hate crime).

The BBC states Australian police "have denied any racial motivation, saying the students were in the wrong place at the wrong time.

They have said the crimes were "opportunistic", with Indian students seen as "soft targets".

Indian students tend to travel on their own, late at night - either from study or employment - and carry valuable items such as laptops and phones, Victorian Police deputy commissioner Kieran Walshe said.
    "
    Source.

This to me at current seems a far more likely motivation for these heinous and villainous attacks than some huge racist "masterplan" to kill Indians, although now -sadly- we seem to be getting into "copycat" territory, where deeply unhinged scum actually take these attacks to indeed start more violence-centered (rather than loot-centered) attacks, witness the petrol bombing (!!! shocked !!!) last week on one student.

I know it's a huge concern in India, and I certainly sympathise.
    But I'm not confident to speak of a full-fledged racial assault just yet.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  1. There have not been 29 students attacked and killed in Australia. That is a scandalous suggestion, however bad the events of the last week were. I would suggest, Sunil, that elements of the local media are engaging in a bit of rampant fire-feeding.

And before the idea of 70 people from a common ethnic background being attacked takes hold, I would suggest a bit of caution in interpreting that statistic. For example, is it disproportionate to the size of the population? If I were say - for example - that 700 Chinese people were the victims of violent attack in Australia last year, or that 7000 Anglo-Saxons were the victims of violent attack, the number 70 would start to make a little sense. One must consider the proportion, rather than the number. (Those numbers are made up for demonstration purposes.)

(And I speak as someone who spent half a year of my life making a film that was intended to villify racially-motivated violence.)
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    Martijn wrote
    With all due respect to the sensitivity of this subject to your own good self, I think this post may be a bit suggestive.

I for one could not find any report from any credible news source citing 29 confirmed deaths by "racist attacks", though obviously it is true there is some (grave) concern about attacks on Indian citizens in Australia, with 70 attacks over the last year.

However it seems very unlikely the atacks are racially motivated. (Other than Pakistan, I don't think there's actually a country in the world where Indians are seen as a specific target for violent hate crime).

The BBC states Australian police "have denied any racial motivation, saying the students were in the wrong place at the wrong time.

They have said the crimes were "opportunistic", with Indian students seen as "soft targets".

Indian students tend to travel on their own, late at night - either from study or employment - and carry valuable items such as laptops and phones, Victorian Police deputy commissioner Kieran Walshe said.
    "
    Source.

This to me at current seems a far more likely motivation for these heinous and villainous attacks than some huge racist "masterplan" to kill Indians, although now -sadly- we seem to be getting into "copycat" territory, where deeply unhinged scum actually take these attacks to indeed start more violence-centered (rather than loot-centered) attacks, witness the petrol bombing (!!! shocked !!!) last week on one student.

I know it's a huge concern in India, and I certainly sympathise.
    But I'm not confident to speak of a full-fledged racial assault just yet.

Actually, i am not finding fault with anybody. As human being, we are holding certain duties and responsibilities in our society. God has given sixth sense to think, to learn and to understand. But we are totally ignoring those essence things in our day to day life.

Secondly, i am not saying that the whole world targeting India alone in racism row. It is still happening to other several nations. For instance, two years ago, when South African cricketers visited Australia, they were racially abused by Australian mobs and Muralitharan, a veteran Srilankan cricketer was humiliated in the name of racism, a group of mob threw eggs and tomato on him. Australian cricketers called Srilankan players as "Black Bastards". Year after year, racial attacks are increased in Australia. I think Australian government is not interested in taking any further action to prevent this kind of racial attacks. It happened several times in the past. Its really disgusting to see this kind of stuff. I want those racists should be severely punished. However, my fingers are crossed, from now onwards what action going to be taken by Australian government?

Hey buddy, NO HARD FEELINGS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Sunil wrote
    God has given sixth sense to think, to learn and to understand.

Uh oh.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    Steven wrote
    Sunil wrote

Uh oh.

What do you mean by Uh.oh? Am i lecturing over here? Come on buddy, some serious stuff is going on here. I recommend you to watch the movie 'The Sixth Sense". How is it? punk
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    Sunil wrote

Uh oh.

You see dead people too? shocked wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Don't take it seriously. Steven always "uh-oh"'s when God is mentioned. 'Xcept for the mighty Ceiling Cat*.

* praise the MeowLord
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    Christodoulides wrote
    Don't take it seriously. Steven always "uh-oh"'s when God is mentioned. 'Xcept for the mighty Ceiling Cat*.

* praise the MeowLord

Not at all, I was just making fun. That's all. But i still recommend him to watch the movie "The Sixth Sense". biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I have; and Steven has i guess. We all have smile I don't believe in that stuff though smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Sunil wrote
    Steven wrote
    Sunil wrote

Uh oh.

What do you mean by Uh.oh? Am i lecturing over here? Come on buddy, some serious stuff is going on here. I recommend you to watch the movie 'The Sixth Sense". How is it? punk

Hey, not at all. I'm as religious as the next person. I was merely expressing some concern because I know there are many atheist bastards who hang around on this forum... and quite frankly, I'm fed up of all their lies and half-baked theories on so-called "evolution". rolleyes
  2. Sunil wrote
    Actually, i am not finding fault with anybody. As human being, we are holding certain duties and responsibilities in our society. God has given sixth sense to think, to learn and to understand. But we are totally ignoring those essence things in our day to day life.

Secondly, i am not saying that the whole world targeting India alone in racism row. It is still happening to other several nations. For instance, two years ago, when South African cricketers visited Australia, they were racially abused by Australian mobs and Muralitharan, a veteran Srilankan cricketer was humiliated in the name of racism, a group of mob threw eggs and tomato on him. Australian cricketers called Srilankan players as "Black Bastards". Year after year, racial attacks are increased in Australia. I think Australian government is not interested in taking any further action to prevent this kind of racial attacks. It happened several times in the past. Its really disgusting to see this kind of stuff. I want those racists should be severely punished. However, my fingers are crossed, from now onwards what action going to be taken by Australian government?

rolleyes
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    Sunil wrote
    Steven wrote
    Sunil wrote

Uh oh.

Hey, not at all. I'm as religious as the next person. I was merely expressing some concern because I know there are many atheist bastards who hang around on this forum... and quite frankly, I'm fed up of all their lies and half-baked theories on so-called "evolution". rolleyes

">devil
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Timmer wrote
    Steven wrote
    Sunil wrote
    Steven wrote
    Sunil wrote

Uh oh.

">devil

"The video you have requested is not available.

If you have recently uploaded this video, you may need to wait a few minutes for the video to process. "

Clearly the work of the devil*

* Basement Cat
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    ^
    fixed! biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Somebody's getting prepared for the PRODIGY concert! punk punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Love that track. Reminds me of Wipeout 2097 on the Playstation. cool
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    Love that track. Reminds me of Wipeout 2097 on the Playstation. cool

Like the new signature Steven cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    You should. It's our Lord's Good Word. smile
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Praise da lawd.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    Steven wrote
    Sunil wrote
    Steven wrote
    Sunil wrote

Uh oh.

The kingdom of heaven within you. I have Kingdom of Heaven DVD. So, Kingdom of heaven is not within me. Its outside. biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Exactly! Much like that time I was talking to guy and had no idea what he was going on about... dizzy
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    ^
    I'm sure an updated Cronenberg remake of VIDEODROME could rectify that.

in reply to Sunil's post above
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    Steven wrote
    Exactly! Much like that time I was talking to guy and had no idea what he was going on about... dizzy

Hey, don't panic! How was my joke? Do you like it? kiss
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I like all jokes.
    Except the ones that I don't, they're not so great.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    ...and when people have to ask if you liked a joke.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    While I won't say anything much about racism as that's a very sensitive issue, it's true that student assaults/murders are on the rise all over the world, for which racism is only one reason. We all know those shootings in America, and even out here in India we have killings in the name of ragging/fagging. How the number of these incidents are on the rise is definitely alarming. As I'm a student about to begin college myself it's certainly scary.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    Steven wrote
    I like all jokes.
    Except the ones that I don't, they're not so great.

You mean to say mine is not great?. biggrin
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Quit while you're behind.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    DemonStar wrote
    While I won't say anything much about racism as that's a very sensitive issue, it's true that student assaults/murders are on the rise all over the world, for which racism is only one reason. We all know those shootings in America, and even out here in India we have killings in the name of ragging/fagging. How the number of these incidents are on the rise is definitely alarming. As I'm a student about to begin college myself it's certainly scary.

All the best for your wonderful college days! May you have grace and blessings of God.

Have a nice day! smile