• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeJun 4th 2009
    Though it was hard to expect the manner of David Carradine's death. dizzy

Not the greatest actor alive (well. Dead.), but one I always enjoyed watching.
    Interestingly I not only just watched The Grapes Of Wrath yesterday which starred his father John Carradine in a fine role, but also watched the (pretty damn poor) Death Race remake where I noticed immediately that Frankenstein's "first incarnation" was voiced by Carradine, effectively reprising his role from the 1975 cult classic original.

So it's been a rather Carradine-esque week for me.

My only hope at this point is that there is actually no single David Carradine, and that this version was just one of many especially trained to take the role. When one's used up, they'd just bring in another...
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Martijn wrote
    Though it was hard to expect the manner of David Carradine's death. dizzy

The BBC has just censored itself.

The news clipping now reads
    Thai police told the BBC the 72-year-old was found by a hotel maid sitting in a wardrobe with a rope around his neck and body on Thursday morning.

while the original (which I still had in cache) read
    Thai police told the BBC the 72-year-old was found by a hotel maid sitting in a wardrobe with a rope around his neck and genitals on Thursday morning.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  1. Shocking indeed!

While I hardly knew him as an actor, his presence in Kill Bill was a significant one and easily one of his most memorable roles thanks to his love / hate relationship with Thurman's 'The Bride'.

But a really big OMG to the censoring: what's so obscene about mentioning the genitals part. It's not like they're showing close-up pics or something... It's ridiculous really.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    I guess "death by apparent noose sex mishap" is considered even less dignified than "apparent suicide".
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Shocking indeed. I have very fond childhood memories of Carradine as ( Quai Chan Caine? ) in Kung-Fu.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  2. It is always sad yes these news posts shame
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Martijn wrote
    I guess "death by apparent noose sex mishap" is considered even less dignified than "apparent suicide".

biggrin
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    Martijn wrote

biggrin

I laughed too until I realised he said 'noose' and not 'moose' spin
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJun 4th 2009 edited
    I saw that; i am laughing at the current state of ethics and taboos of worldwide media, to which Martijn is absolutely spot-on!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    nevermind
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Timmer wrote
    nevermind

confused