• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeAug 5th 2010 edited
    Christodoulides wrote
    Well, another hyped and failed google experiment it seems.

Yeah, like...like...er... like what, actually?
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeAug 5th 2010
    Martijn wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    Well, another hyped and failed google experiment it seems.

Yeah, like...like...er... like what, actually?

That search engine thing they came up with. Whatever became of it?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeAug 5th 2010 edited
    I am not talking about that, that's practically the internet itself. Plus the google earth and maps tools are gold.

But after that, their ego started boosting to high levels and the much reputed world domination (taking over microsoft and apple) with their own operating systems and open-source software for all platforms seems to be stalling a bit wink Even their smart phone went to hell and they stopped producing it this month. We'll see. It's hard to beat the giants when they're already too good in their games.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Come on D. Their ego? Wave was to me, rather complicated and no one really knew what to do with it, but that doesn't mean it was useless or crap or a misstep because of their ego?

Google is not holy.

Android is becoming the most successful, mobile OS. Chrome is getting more and more popularity. Gmail and their Docs are getting new updates every month. Their browser OS hasn't even been released!
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Chrome is problematic, especially when it come sto flash and complicated websites. Android is going good but still hasn't taken over the world exactly wink As for their ego, well yes, there IS ego of course and it's pretty natural, otherwise they wouldn't have succeeded so much. What i am not too sure though is about the stuff they were talking about a couple of years ago, about taking over windows and office with open source stuff etc etc. That's a bit cocky.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Christodoulides wrote
    What i am not too sure though is about the stuff they were talking about a couple of years ago, about taking over windows and office with open source stuff etc etc. That's a bit cocky.

Actually, no... that's good business. If you don't strive to be the best... especially in that market... you might as well pack it up and go home.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeAug 6th 2010
    Well, indeed; but make first and brag then wink