• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeAug 5th 2009
    Like I said: it's a good first step.
    But so far, that's all it is.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  1. Ahmadjinezad has cancer?
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Yep. punk
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  2. punk punk punk
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    I swore I would wish it on anybody, ever... but this man is so evil and corrupt, and so hell-bent on utterly destroying a whole country and with them our last, best hope for a stable factor in the Middle East that I couldn't but rejoice when I heard it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeNov 19th 2009 edited
    Belgium delivers the first Prime Minister of Europe. Not this fact makes me very happy, since we have already troubles enough with our government because he was our prime minister. But I'm glad it's not a Brit (no offence, but you are the least European Minded people out there) or god forbid, Tony Blair.

I hope this job gives the European Union a bit more visibility and interest (at least from a Belgian perspective) and re-establishes the ideals that were once so promising in the beginning!
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeNov 19th 2009
    I'm also (very) glad it's not Tony Blair, but I don't think we're particularly un-European minded. What we don't really like is having important decisions made by people who are unelected. I assume this new leader we have doesn't really have any power - he doesn't seem like a very strong choice to me (if the idea is to have someone to represent Europe around the world, why pick someone who is apparently camera-shy and has little international recognition? - though maybe that's just a false impression given to us by the British media, which certainly is not European minded).
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Bregt wrote
    Belgium delivers the first Prime Minister of Europe. Not this fact makes me very happy, since we have already troubles enough with our government because he was our prime minister. But I'm glad it's not a Brit (no offence, but you are the least European Minded people out there) and god forbid, Tony Blair.

I hope this job gives the European Union a bit more visibility and interest (at least from a Belgian perspective) and re-establishes the ideals that were once so promising in the beginning!

Aren't the titles "president" and "foreign chief" or something to that effect? Anyway, it will be strange to see such nation-specific titles used in a union that isn't really a union per se (like the US).
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    "President of the European Council" (I think). Well, I didn't vote for him. ("You don't vote for a king!")
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    I think the job function itself is rather minimal (and perhaps a bit of a joke) but well, if it's to gathr more interest and union, then that's good. Though, the original function of president was with more responsabilities. But as usual, that was not welcomed by everyone and the usual.

Anyway, he is perhaps not very well known and "camera-shy" (what a word to define a person who does politics) but at least he's not crazy and brought a little more peace in our country after two years of trying to govern. Though, he and his ministers are as green as Tony Blair giving free seminaries: none whatsoever.

So, yes, all in all, a bit colourless.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Bregt wrote
    Belgium delivers the first Prime Minister of Europe. Not this fact makes me very happy, since we have already troubles enough with our government because he was our prime minister. But I'm glad it's not a Brit (no offence, but you are the least European Minded people out there) or god forbid, Tony Blair.

And thank god the High Representative for Foreign Affairs is not Miguel Ángel Moratinos, who was a favourite to take this charge (at least according to the spanish media). He is the LESS charismatic politician ever.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Jesus, the British press.

Quotes:
    "Britain ruled by a Belgian?"
    "The Belgian Man is a clown"
    "His sister is a maoïst"

Dear god.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeNov 20th 2009
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeNov 20th 2009 edited
    On tabbloid titles. Daily Express for example.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Ah, that's normal? biggrin
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Somewhat.

My favourite headline of all time was "Up Yours, Delors!" (around the time of the Maastricht Treaty).
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Bregt wrote
    Ah, that's normal? biggrin

That's British humour for you tongue
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    It don't get better than that! biggrin
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeJun 22nd 2010
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    It's funny, but I checked iwth my Iranian friends (saw the picture some months ago), and unfortunately it's a photoshop-picture. smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    The funny thing was what he would have done to her if that photo was real.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Heheh this is from Greece btw

http://punditkitchen.files.wordpress.co … ferno2.jpg
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeJun 22nd 2010 edited
    Martijn wrote
    It's funny, but I checked iwth my Iranian friends (saw the picture some months ago), and unfortunately it's a photoshop-picture. smile

sad

She'd be the new Tank Man.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorRian
    • CommentTimeJun 24th 2010
    Jeep woman?
    What do you hear? Nothing but the rain...
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeSep 22nd 2010
    This video might clarify some things about the structure of Belgium...
    http://vimeo.com/15049808

Or not. spin
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeSep 23rd 2010
    I just saw a recent picture of Margaret Thatcher who looks more and more like Ian McDiarmid as the Emperor each time I see her.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeNov 26th 2010 edited
    WikiLeaks is about to release information (3 million documents) about the US government, that according to them will change history. Since WikiLeaks announced this, both the US and the UK are getting very nervous.
    http://log.nadim.cc/?p=17

Who are these guys, and are the good or evil. I don't know, but I like their style. It's a bit Robin Hood on the internet. Sort of. dizzy
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeNov 26th 2010
    I don't mind any forced transparancy, or upheaval and outcry.

I *would* mind if it only affects the US and UK, while Russia, Pakistan, China, Iran and South Korea are laughing and benefiting at the sidelines.

Anyway, the proof will be in the eating, I guess. So far it's all wild speculation and fear mongering.
    A bit like the war on terror, really...
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeNov 27th 2010
    Martijn wrote
    I don't mind any forced transparancy, or upheaval and outcry.

I *would* mind if it only affects the US and UK, while Russia, Pakistan, China, Iran and South Korea are laughing and benefiting at the sidelines.

Anyway, the proof will be in the eating, I guess. So far it's all wild speculation and fear mongering.
    A bit like the war on terror, really...

As long as we all stand together with our North Korean brothers.
    I am extremely serious.