• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeNov 27th 2010
    Whoops.

Pulled a Palin there. smile
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  1. Bregt wrote
    WikiLeaks is about to release information (3 million documents) about the US government, that according to them will change history.

So the UFO files are being released already? About time! :D
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeNov 27th 2010
    BigMacGyver wrote
    Bregt wrote
    WikiLeaks is about to release information (3 million documents) about the US government, that according to them will change history.

So the UFO files are being released already? About time! :D

who knows
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeNov 28th 2010 edited
    Live updates on the upcoming leak (how sensational, isn't it?)
    http://owni.fr/2010/11/27/wikileaks-sta … insurance/

It's a leak of thousands of diplomatic documents, some of which are classified "Secret".
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeNov 28th 2010
    I think it will prove another soon to be forgotten thingy like with their previous leaks .. Did it actually change anything ? Rather not i would say.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    I somehow think you're right D
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Which is all the way more sad no?
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Wooot!

Exciting! Exciting!
    http://www.vancouversun.com/news/WikiLe … story.html

Also
    Copies of tomorrow’s Der Spiegel have been sold in Basel, Switzerland. Contents are being exposed on Twitter by Symor Jenkins. Among what can be read in Der Spiegel:

* “Obama prefers to look East than West.”
    * “Obama has no emotion towards Europe.”
    * “The US sees the world as a confrontation between 2 superpowers. The EU plays a secondary role.”
    * “Europe is not so important for the US.”
    * From the cover, we read that Ahmadinejad “is Hitler”, Sarkozy is “an emperor without clothes”, Karzai is “driven by paranoia”.

“Europe is not so important for the US.”
    Nothing new, but sad anyway. But that's perhaps our own fault.

This might get hilarious! biggrin
    Or sad.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Given that as a world we should unite more
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Not our own fault: Europe's always been merely a strategic military foothold for the US during the Cold War. There was no economic or political threat there whatsoever, so why would they be concerned?
    Europe in turn profited from trade agreements and the nuclear umbrella, so all was fine.

The greatest threat to the US since the Cold War was the advent of the Euro which finally gave the US a run for their money. Now with the PIGS having fucked that up ROYALLY for EVERYONE, the US is quite right to be overly bothered with Europe. We're more hassle than we're worth (froma US point of view).

So, no, not particularly new insights there.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    dizzy spin

What PIGS? You mean Greece and Ireland?
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Portugal, Ireland (previously Italy), Greece, Spain.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Oh. slant
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Hey, *I* didn't make it up!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Bregt wrote
    Wooot!

Exciting! Exciting!
    http://www.vancouversun.com/news/WikiLe … story.html

Is anyone else starting to get a Millennium Bug flashback here?
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Yes, could be (if you mean it's gonna turn out to be just nothing).

But it's damn fun so far. With the right music in the background, it's actually quite exciting to read some of the stuff, and all parties involved are reacting way over their head. biggrin
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Yeah, Pigs are fucking you up. What happened? Last year it was just lame ol Greece, now suddenly others' dirty laundry comes in the air? Stay tuned 'cause in the meantime pigs is going to expand and cover all the letters of the EU countries. Greece has made enormous steps forward this year, we know it first hand 'cause we are suffering financially here, it's easy to make assumptions from the sofa. And Greece owns the least amount of money to the German banks, with 28mil euros, whilst Portugal owns 28,7mil, Spain 146,8 mils and - NEWS FLASH Martijn - Germany has 79,4 millions of euros minus in the national budget for 2009. * The euro is problematic on itself, there are so many different members and economies in it, many of them problematic, it's bound to be falling if Germany continues in this 2-speed Eu (rich vs poor, with the poor always in debt and working their asses off to pay Germany's and others' own debt's). But i said to myself in the past that i won't be doing this conv with you again anyway.

So, US is going to police Asia too now?

* figures from today's press, i have it in front of me.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    I wonder if the Euro will survive this. Almost certainly, but it wouldn't be a surprise if some of the lesser (in terms of GDP) nations decided that actually this "idea" whose benefits (beyond political) have never been clear is not really worth their economies going to the wall over and withdraw.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    (By "this" I meant the PIGS troubles, not the Wikileaks!)
  2. Christodoulides wrote
    Yeah, Pigs are fucking you up. What happened? Last year it was just lame ol Greece, now suddenly others' dirty laundry comes in the air? Stay tuned 'cause in the meantime pigs is going to expand and cover all the letters of the EU countries. Greece has made enormous steps forward this year, we know it first hand 'cause we are suffering financially here, it's easy to make assumptions from the sofa. And Greece owns the least amount of money to the German banks, with 28mil euros, whilst Portugal owns 28,7mil, Spain 146,8 mils and - NEWS FLASH Martijn - Germany has 79,4 millions of euros minus in the national budget for 2009. * The euro is problematic on itself, there are so many different members and economies in it, many of them problematic, it's bound to be falling if Germany continues in this 2-speed Eu (rich vs poor, with the poor always in debt and working their asses off to pay Germany's and others' own debt's). But i said to myself in the past that i won't be doing this conv with you again anyway.

So, US is going to police Asia too now?

* figures from today's press, i have it in front of me.

How does the German debt compare to Greece's or any other country's GDP percentage-wise? I think that's the basic issue - not the amount of money being indebted, but rather the percentage of the GDP that the debt takes or however it is interpreted. Am I right, James?
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
  3. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-11858637

Interesting?

"Whistle-blowing website Wikileaks says it is under attack from a computer-hacking operation, ahead of a release of secret US documents..."

Is this a coincidence?
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-11858637

Interesting?

"Whistle-blowing website Wikileaks says it is under attack from a computer-hacking operation, ahead of a release of secret US documents..."

Is this a coincidence?

Wow, it's getting rough!
    Kazoo
  4. The US wouldn't do that sort of thing would they? They're trying to extradite someone from the UK for hacking into their military (?) sites. If the US were to be involved in that wouldn't that be double standards?

I should insert a wink just to confirm to people that I'm not being too serious about this.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Christodoulides wrote
    Yeah, Pigs are fucking you up. What happened? Last year it was just lame ol Greece

<sigh>
    Not going there with you again, D.
    It never was "just lame old Greece", nor has anyone ever suggested that.

For every single other rebuttal I refer to oud past conversations, as I don't enjoy repeating myself (too often wink )
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Southall wrote
    I wonder if the Euro will survive this. Almost certainly, but it wouldn't be a surprise if some of the lesser (in terms of GDP) nations decided that actually this "idea" whose benefits (beyond political) have never been clear is not really worth their economies going to the wall over and withdraw.

I think you may be right, although it'll probably be the other way around: the GDP-stronger nations will likely start an alliance with a "Power Euro" and force the other countries out to fend with a "lesser Euro".
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    And it's out. Lets see what is so world changing about it.
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2010/no … acy-crisis
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    very little in our newspapers about all of this
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    It's logical actually wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    This is fun and scary at the same time...

- The cables confirm that China was behind the attack on Google
    - North-Korea selling stuff to Iran
    - U.S. diplomats spied on UN leadership
    - Israel tried to coordinate Gaza war with Abbas

- The Pentagon in the mean time has tightened security regulation...

I know some of the links above information contain hyped up and dramatized news, and lots of it is not unexpected, but even then, having some of the issues confirmed is sometimes rather scary. There's so much evil and lies in this world. Will this leak change something about that? Obviously not. It'll be over in a week, but I hope not.

That aside, I love the internet! punk Isn't Julian and his gang (and the people who leaked it) a little group of heroes (noting that they have released other useful info as well)? As for mysteriousness, this Julian guy sure is a good PR! I'm glad I joined the mystery this week (I may have no life) but it was cool to follow. shame

A bit hidden in all this commotion, is that there are also elections in Haïti. For the love of humanity, make it a better place for these people. I'm constantly horrified by all the bad news that has come from there. The Big Picture reportage from some times ago was heartbreaking.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    He'll probably end up dead somewhere.