• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeNov 6th 2020 edited
    Edmund Meinerts wrote
    Biden is going to get about as many votes as I had expected. I figured he would surpass Obama's record from 2008. But I'm astonished that Trump is also going to get something like 8-9 million more votes than he did in 2016 - like where is he picking up this support from? Who didn't support him in 2016 and then decided after four years of sheer chaos and a criminally mismanaged pandemic "yeah, actually, he's not so bad after all"?

I think the majority of these "extra" people don't vote for Trump, necessarily - just out of hatred against the Democrats. Anything - even Trump - is better than Democrats, in their eyes.
    I am extremely serious.
  1. I keep refreshing to see the vote count...wanting this agony to be over.
  2. Thor wrote
    Edmund Meinerts wrote
    Biden is going to get about as many votes as I had expected. I figured he would surpass Obama's record from 2008. But I'm astonished that Trump is also going to get something like 8-9 million more votes than he did in 2016 - like where is he picking up this support from? Who didn't support him in 2016 and then decided after four years of sheer chaos and a criminally mismanaged pandemic "yeah, actually, he's not so bad after all"?

I think the majority of these "extra" people don't vote for Trump, necessarily - just out of hatred against the Democrats. Anything - even Trump - is better than Democrats, in their eyes.

But if that was the case, they would have also voted in 2016 against Hillary Clinton, possibly the most hated Democrat in the country.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeNov 7th 2020 edited
    Well, the divide and hate have only grown in the last four years.
    I am extremely serious.
  3. Hallelujah, some good news FINALLY, though Trump will not let this go by easily.
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeNov 7th 2020
    Hooray!
    I am extremely serious.
  4. The whole thing about availability of covid vaccines is becoming a bit of a British vs. Europe thing, I think, with the UK press setting Europe as potentially blocking access to vaccine made in the EU by the UK.

I do think that the EU (rather than European countries themselves) is flexing its muscles on this, trying to catch up with their own vaccination roll-out after a pretty poor organisation at the beginning meaning that they are now behind in getting vaccine and sorting out vaccinating everyone in their respective countries.

I don't think that it's right that the EU can block vaccine produced in their bloc of countries going to other countries that had the wherewithall to order vaccine when they did. And, as far as I can tell, the a lot of the EU member states are pushing back on what the European Commission was threatening to do.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn