• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeDec 20th 2008 edited
    Film music is 90% of what I listen to. Other than that I like TV and video game scores. I also listen to a few Hindi albums, mostly by A R Rahman. But frankly, I don't think I can live without film music, it's my passion! Before I got Lion King I hardly used to listen to ANY music at all!
    • CommentAuthorRanietz
    • CommentTimeDec 20th 2008
    I listen to film music most of my time. Most of the other genres are to "song based" for me. You know, verse, chorus, verse, chorus, bridge, chorus. Then repeat this formula for all the songs on the album.

If it wasn't film music then I'll have to agree with Christodoulides. Metal all the way. punk
    Some of the bands I listen to is: Opeth, At The Gates, Behemoth, Vader etc.
    And then there's Nine Inch Nails. punk

-Ranietz-
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    In fact I was just listening to Kilar
    listen to more classical music!
  1. I don't know, I like '80 and '90 songs and the occassional cool tune of the recent fare, but I hardly or never buy stuff from it, that I leave to my selection of scores

but if not for film music, films keep my busy enough wink
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    and you're listening to the music
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeApr 30th 2021
    Thor wrote
    I think my road to film music was destined to be what it was. It was a gradual evolution for me - from rock'n'roll to prog rock (with long instrumental sections) to purely instrumental electronic music to film music to classical music. Although I listen to film music much of the time, I'm just as interested in other musical genres - ranging from jazz to electronica to blues to heavy metal to 80's electropop to....you name it.

I consider myself a very creative person with a particular interest in and passion for the Arts in general. Music is an inevitable part of that, so it's hard to imagine someone like me - with my personality and preferences - NOT being interested in music somehow. I just can't see it.

I find myself agreeing with my 2007 self. I love "pompous" music, or rather: music that goes to the emotional core immediately, and is not afraid to take it all out. I think that explains a lot of my music interests, also beyond film music.
    I am extremely serious.
  2. I am very much more interested in the melody of the musical form rather than any lyrics. So classical and film music seemed to be more my kind of music.

When I was in my teens there was only really one artist whose albums I would buy when then came out (up to a point) - Jean Michel Jarre. Very few lyrics there. Even with the regular pop songs of the time I would be more interested in the rhythms, the sounds of the synths used, etc. Who cared about the lyrics? (Except for the lyrics of The Smiths.)

The immediate hit of the TV theme tune got me interested in music for media and it was a natural progression to move to film music from there.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn