• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJun 9th 2009
    You must tell us of this experience!?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  1. Southall wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    Well, basically, apart football (which Americans like to call "soccer") and Basketball, everything else is ZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzz to me. smile

I love Boxing and Snooker....and that's about it!

...I only love football when it's Euro or World cup though I'll happily rejoice in any loss by Manchester Utd biggrin

I'm going to Wembley tomorrow to see England play - my first time life. Really looking forward to it - though it will be a nightmare to get there since the Underground is on strike.

Why doesn't it shock me? When I was in London, it was on strike for two days which made me and my host have to go from Westminster (Big Ben, to be precise) to Royal Albert Hall on our feet. Cool experience, going through Harrods' and all.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeJun 10th 2009
    Christodoulides wrote
    Well, basically, apart football (which Americans like to call "soccer") and Basketball, everything else is ZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzz to me. smile

Same. No interest in watching sport whatsoever... where's the narrative? Where's the story arcs? Boring.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Steven wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

Same. No interest in watching sport whatsoever... where's the narrative? Where's the story arcs? Boring.

There's as much story arc in a great sporting contest as in any film!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

Surprisingly short sighted of you!?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeJun 10th 2009 edited
    Timmer wrote
    Steven wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

There may have been a hint of irony. wink

But still, not a fan of sport. I can understand why many love it (like Morricone), but personally I'd rather either play it for real or watch a film.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Morricone loves sport?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Irony???
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    [b]

I'm going to Wembley tomorrow to see England play - my first time life. Really looking forward to it - though it will be a nightmare to get there since the Underground is on strike.

Hi Southall,

I hope you will have a great time over there. All the best to England team.
    Racism, Prejudices and discrimination exists everywhere.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    Timmer wrote
    Steven wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

Oh! Christ! you possess great sense of humor. I appreciate it. biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Timmer wrote
    Irony???

biggrin
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    Thor wrote
    Sorry, cricket is practically non-existant in Norway, but I would think Americans would be interested in it, seeing as it has quite a few things in common with baseball(?).

However, I loved LAGAAN, which is basically a four-hour fiction film about cricket! But of course, it has many other cool aspects too.

Various forms of skiing is the national sport in Norway (especially cross-country).

I think Lagaan movie is not about Cricket, but it became central plot of the movie. It was well made movie, where film conveys the world that unity is strength. By the way, was that first Indian film you have seen or any other before? smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Sunil wrote
    Thor wrote
    Sorry, cricket is practically non-existant in Norway, but I would think Americans would be interested in it, seeing as it has quite a few things in common with baseball(?).

However, I loved LAGAAN, which is basically a four-hour fiction film about cricket! But of course, it has many other cool aspects too.

Various forms of skiing is the national sport in Norway (especially cross-country).

I think Lagaan movie is not about Cricket, but it became central plot of the movie. It was well made movie, where film conveys the world that unity is strength. By the way, was that first Indian film you have seen or any other before? smile

LAGAAN was, in fact, the first Bollywood film I saw in full (back in 2001, I believe), but I have seen many Indian films since then, and even held several lectures on Bollywood and Indian film history!
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I've stumbled across Bollywood films being made a few times, in India, Nepal and Mauritius....the women were GORGEOUS!!! lick
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Timmer wrote
    I've stumbled across Bollywood films being made a few times, in India, Nepal and Mauritius....the women were GORGEOUS!!! lick

And let me guess...you even PLAYED in one?

For some reason, several of the tourists I've spoken to that have been in India have ended up actually getting a small role or cameo in a lo-fi Bollywood film.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJun 11th 2009 edited
    Thor wrote
    Timmer wrote

And let me guess...you even PLAYED in one?

For some reason, several of the tourists I've spoken to that have been in India have ended up actually getting a small role or cameo in a lo-fi Bollywood film.

It's very common actually. Most European / Australian women etc usually end up playing hookers for bad guys wink

And yes, I had a little walk on part in a swimming pool scene. I don't know for the life of me what the film was?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeJun 11th 2009
    Looking forward to watching the T20 World Cup. Really enjoyed the last one! punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    • CommentTimeJun 11th 2009
    I strongly believe that India or South Africa or Srilanka, any of these three teams could win this year T20 World cup. Do you guys have any favorites?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    • CommentTimeJun 13th 2009
    Oh! at last, for the past two days world have witnessed the twist in the tale. As the tournament progress, many people finds difficult to predict which team have chance to win this world cup. As for yesterday concern, yet another shocking display by Indians, especially their batting let them down. Now, its very interesting to see next match between India and England, where both team are in must win situation, whoever loses that match they would be certainly knocked out of the tournament. I believe its going to be great contest between India and England.

All the best to both the teams! biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Looking forward to the game. I thought India would win the tournament so I was very surprised by yesterday's result.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Dhoni is not happy with his batsmen either - http://cricket.yahoo.com/cricket/news/a … 8162492db/

Oh well, I hope they improve in the upcoming match. At least the bowling side has improved much more than last time. And Yuvraj Singh has potential for making up some of the batting loss cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeJun 14th 2009
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    • CommentTimeJun 14th 2009
    wave
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    • CommentTimeJun 15th 2009 edited
    Southall wrote
    Well well... farewall India.

India was very unconvincing throughout the tournament so it was kind of expected. But a defeat against England was surprising. Thanks to some weird decision of not sending the best players for the middle stages crazy
    Some fine bowling at the end by England!

BTW omaha, if you're looking for websites to watch it then check out this which has 10 minute highlights from all the games!
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    • CommentTimeJun 15th 2009
    thanks dude
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    Southall wrote
    Looking forward to the game. I thought India would win the tournament so I was very surprised by yesterday's result.

Hi,

Oh yeah! its really heartbreaking news for millions of fans in India. Hats off to England team for their excellent performance, especially they were very brilliantly exploited the weakness of Indian team. I never had any great opinion on Indian Captain Dhoni, but i firmly believed in whole Indian Team. Unfortunately, it was a huge disappointment from our boys. I say it was poor captaincy by M.S Dhoni. Nothing i can say about that.

As far as England concern, even though they defeat India, next match against West Indies will be a crucial game. In fact, its a do or die situation for both the teams. This game will decide which team have chance to enter Semi Final. Because SA have been already qualified for semi finals. Right now, its between England & West Indies. All the best to both the teams.

This T20 World have delivered bags of surprises. First, Mighty Australian had been knocked out at group stage itself. Second, England's embarrassing defeat at the hands of Netherlands. Third, Ireland knocked out Bangladesh out of the tournament. And yesterday, another surprising result have been witnessed by the world cricket fans. What a tournament?

At present, its very very difficult to predict who is going to lift the cup? I think Srilanka or South Africa have great chance to win this cup. Let us wait and see, what happens in the final?

Have a nice day!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Well, I turned off the match halfway through the second innings, horrid batting by India. They bowled well somewhat in the first innings but then couldn't stop the volleys of boundaries by England. Kudos to England, they undoubtebly played very well. I saw almost no improvement on India's part though, very disappointed. Narrow defeat though. And also a narrow win for Sri Lanka!

My bet for the cup is on South Africa.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    Ravi, if you see in the past, on many occasions, SA was knocked out at semis. They were in habit of performing very well up to semis, but in Semi they lose and go away. That's the only drawback with SA. Apart from that, they have good chance to win this cup.

Take care!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Their performance was certainly quite determined and fierce lately though. They have a very strong batting lineup (especially their captain Graeme Smith). Let's see! wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    Truncated matches & Duckworth-Lewis slant

Well played England! Only the weather kicked them out of the tournament.