• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeNov 17th 2013
    The best Chess music ever is by Michel Legrand.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeNov 18th 2013
    As far as our football team is concerned the Vikings have to have the worst QB in the NFL. Another loss.
    Tom
    listen to more classical music!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeNov 19th 2013
    THOMAS NEWMAN leads Germany to victory over England.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  1. biggrin
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeNov 22nd 2013 edited
    Terribly exicting now, in what is probably the last match of the World Chess Championship. Magnus is SOOO close to being the 16th world champion in history, the first from the western world in 76 years!

Norway is currently going nuts over this! Schools are showing the games for the pupils, people stay home from work to watch the game, chess boards are selling all over the place and everyone is following the live tv broadcast, posting on social media etc! It's crazy and EPIC.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeNov 22nd 2013
    Thor wrote
    Terribly exicting now, in what is probably the last match of the World Chess Championship. Magnus is SOOO close to being the 16th world champion in history, the first from the western world in 76 years!

Norway is currently going nuts over this! Schools are showing the games for the pupils, people stay home from work to watch the game, chess boards are selling all over the place and everyone is following the live tv broadcast, posting on social media etc! It's crazy and EPIC.

How uplifting! There's hope for mankind yet......or at least for Norwegians.
  2. Heya, Thor, he's done it!
    Have a big speciality beer tonight in his honour!

punk Volker
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeNov 22nd 2013
    Yeah, and what an endgame -- each player ending up with only a king each!

It's certainly a day for celebration, but I think I'll save mine for tomorrow, when I'll start my first out of 5 Christmas parties in the coming few weeks.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeNov 30th 2013 edited
    Yo Francis, it's Snooker time punk

Ronnie whitewashed some 19 year old 6-0 this afternoon and attempted three ( failed ) 147's in the process.

Good to see Jimmy White getting screen time again, he plays tomorrow.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeDec 3rd 2013
    Someone explained to me about snooker. The man is a good pool player.
    Tom
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    There are quite a few Snooker professionals who have done well in professional Pool playing.

Pool is a child's game compared to Snooker.
    •  
      CommentAuthorfrancis
    Timmer wrote
    Yo Francis, it's Snooker time punk

Ronnie whitewashed some 19 year old 6-0 this afternoon and attempted three ( failed ) 147's in the process.

Good to see Jimmy White getting screen time again, he plays tomorrow.

I've been watching some of the games of the UK championship, funny moment this afternoon when O'Sullivan failed to hit the black and thus losing the frame to Campbell. But he seemed to have recovered after that wink
    Was impressed with Li Hang's playing this afternoon as well, but he didn't win against Robertson.

P.S. I went to see snooker in antwerp last month and got to see O'Sullivan play, riveting stuff and he plays so fast that we had to wait a long time between each match biggrin
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Sounds great Francis.

I saw O'Sullivan play at the Welsh Open in 2009 where he "didn't turn up" and got easily beat by Marco Fu. I saw a far better match later between Steven Maguire and Ding Junghui.

I also met O'Sullivan when he was 17 years old along with Jimmy White at a Pub refurbishment opening promotion. I offered O'Sullivan a game of pool with the winner getting bought a drink, he agreed ( though because of his age he'd have had a coke or orange juice ) until some PR stooge came over and dragged him away slant

Have I told this story before? I'm sure I have!? rolleyes wink
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Seeing the players form the last few days I'd have to say Neil Robertson looks best but others such as O'Sullivan, Higgins, Trump etc have yet to really warm up, at least from the matches I've been able to see.
    •  
      CommentAuthorfrancis
    • CommentTimeDec 4th 2013 edited
    Timmer wrote

Have I told this story before? I'm sure I have!? rolleyes wink

Yes you have, and for telling it twice you will have to endure

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BliAPzEsao0

biggrin
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 4th 2013
    shame biggrin beer ...I wonder what happened to Tony Meo?

Have you ever seen this> Jimmy White v Kung Fu
    •  
      CommentAuthorfrancis
    Haha, epic!

Notice how Chow's feet first had to touch the floor before making that final shot, it wouldn't be realistic without that detail. biggrin
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I don't think Oscar will ever be knocking at jimmy's door though I think he probably has more chance of winning an Oscar than he has of winning the World Championship cheesy wink

Some exciting, flawed and ( crucially ) flukey play in the Mark Allen v Judd Trump game this late afternoon.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Timmer wrote
    There are quite a few Snooker professionals who have done well in professional Pool playing.

Pool is a child's game compared to Snooker.

Aren't they similiar?
    Tom
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 4th 2013 edited
    Well, both games involve hitting balls with sticks on a rectangular table covered in a green baize cloth cheesy

It's difficult to explain all the differences ( try google/Wikipedia ) but put simply a Snooker table is, by width and length, twice the size of a Pool table so playing takes a higher degree of skill to play.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    My friend Mike tried to explain it to me. The way he plays pool doesn't sound that easy when you can't miss a ball or you lose.
    Tom
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 5th 2013
    Yes, in pool it's possible to win or lose off the break shot, it's extremely unlikely in Snooker.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 5th 2013 edited
    O'Sullivan crashes out 6-4 to Bingham. A surprise considering his utter thrashing of Robert milkins last night, 6-0 in 68 minutes. Peter Ebdon is still lining up his first shot in that time wink

Robertson remains my favourite to win this one.
    •  
      CommentAuthorfrancis
    • CommentTimeDec 5th 2013
    Yup, surprising to say the least; especially given how O'Sullivan wanted to get as much cash as possible from this tournament (his sole motivation for playing, perhaps what did him in at the end). I need to catch up with the matches, I didn't get to see much yesterday.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 6th 2013
    I'm watching the World Cup draw.

I wish they'd concentrate more on that female presenter.... WOW!!!! shocked lick
  3. Timmer, behave yourself! wink
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Easier said than done biggrin shame wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    My Vikings are awful this year. The good news with this is we get a good draft choice.
    Tom
  4. Timmer wrote
    I'm watching the World Cup draw.

I wish they'd concentrate more on that female presenter.... WOW!!!! shocked lick

oooooohh, she was really lovely yes love

for the draw, we Belgians pretty much have one of the easiest groups, but when we survive the first round (this is a must) Germany or Portugal awaits. And then we will see if we truly have what it takes.
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    8-7 to Robertson at the moment. Bingham is staging an awesome comeback from 8-3 down.