• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJan 18th 2014 edited
    Not as hot as he was yesterday but Ronnie O'Sullivan went out a comfortable winner against Steven Maguire with a 6-2 win.

As for Murphy earlier in the day, he got destroyed by Selby who out played him in every department, he was lucky to come away with 6-1, I thought Murphy was in for a whitewash.

Looking forward to Selby v O'Sullivan final tomorrow.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorfrancis
    • CommentTimeJan 18th 2014 edited
    I didn't catch the Selby-Murphy match, only the O'Sullivan-Maguire; the first two frames looked like it was going to be a close match but Maguire didn't make the best of the chances he got and like Stephen Hendry I was disappointed with his form tonight. Ronnie did deserve to go through, I hope it will be a closer outcome tomorrow.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJan 20th 2014
    No chance.

Ronnie steamrollered Selby 10-4

I honestly thought it would have been closer but O'Sullivan meant serious business and was the well deserved winner.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorfrancis
    • CommentTimeJan 20th 2014 edited
    I was surprised by the match, I had not expected O'Sullivan to take that big a lead. But in all honesty, I've never seen Selby play as bad as he did yesterday; his long pot success was around 33 % (!) and his safety game very shaky; and against the best snooker player in the world in a final of the masters, that's a sure way to lose.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    See you back in this thread in April Francis smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    And in the meantime a little American football won't kill you guys. The two best teams will meet in N.J. in the Superbowl in two weeks; Denver vs Seattle.
    Tom
    listen to more classical music!
  1. A couple of years ago Eli MAnning got the Superbowl. I see that his brother Peyton has chances this year. And no, I have no way to follow either NHL nor NFL this year, I lost the TV station that broadcast the games and it withdrew from my country anyway.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorfrancis
    • CommentTimeJan 21st 2014
    Timmer wrote
    See you back in this thread in April Francis smile

That's just too long a wait. I'll try and see if I can't comment on curling once in a while. biggrin
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJan 21st 2014 edited
    ...or bowls cheesy
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeFeb 2nd 2014
    Today is the day of the game after two weeks of hype. I hope it will be an entertaining one.
    Tom smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeFeb 6th 2014
    So....anyone else excited about the upcoming winter Olympics -- kicking off today, actually?

We certainly are here in Norway. I'm not going to let some silly Russian anti-gay laws deprive me of the pleasure of seeing great sportmanship.
    I am extremely serious.
  2. I look forward to the winter Olympics more than the summer games. Particularly snow-based sports.

I like snow.

I am also quite shallow.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I like the mountain scenery and.....and......

I like the mountain scenery.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeFeb 6th 2014 edited
    I hate snow, personally, but I love to watch snow sports, especially anything with skis (not so strange, perhaps, since it's Norway's national sport).

Beyond hockey and figure skating (both of which I find rather boring), the winter Olmpics aren't that popular in the world -- it's mostly certain parts of Europe and Asia, really. The interest is practically nill in South America, Africa and Australia (for obvious reasons) and Americans couldn't care less, really. Canadians might be the exceptions, but again it's mostly hockey for them.

Britain actually has some decent athletes. Andrew Musgrave and Andrew Young are pretty decent in cross-country skiing. And Aimee Fuller in women's snowboarding.
    I am extremely serious.
  3. I saw a documantary a few days ago: "Putin's Games". It was about how they fared with the people who lived there, how Sochi has become the world's epi center of corruption, how nobody thinks about how to use these facilities afterwards, how protection of nature has turned into a bitter joke.

Whatever interest I had in these games I don't have it any more.

Volker
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
  4. Hasn't anyone started a petition calling on people not to watch the games? Or at least a petition to start a petition?
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    None that I'm aware of Alan
    Tom
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeFeb 7th 2014 edited
    I am more excited about the twitter photos from the horrible hotels those poor journalists are situated in biggrin

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlines/2 … onditions/
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMar 3rd 2014
    francis, check this bit of genius out from yesterdays (sunday ) Welsh Open...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVfUhWjk … 5iNs124ijw
    •  
      CommentAuthorfrancis
    Very cool final frame, that last red was amazing. I take it he was yet again in unbeatable mode given the score against Ding?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I think so? I only found out I could watch it live on BBC Wales website at nearly the last minute ( so to speak ), I was lucky enough to watch the last two frames live.
    •  
      CommentAuthorfrancis
    • CommentTimeApr 19th 2014
    And we're off! biggrin
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    biggrin cool beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Why?
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    Why?

There is a Wizard involved, and a Magician and a Rocket and even a Thunder From Down Under for the Oz quotient. And they all have their own magic wands. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorfrancis
    • CommentTimeApr 20th 2014
    So far enjoying the darling of dublin, comeback Ken, always liked his playing (though his long distance wand action has lost its magic).
  5. Timmer wrote
    Martijn wrote
    Why?

There is a Wizard involved, and a Magician and a Rocket and even a Thunder From Down Under for the Oz quotient. And they all have their own magic wands. wink

It's that UK Easter favourite, 'Celebrity Javelin', isn't it?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    francis wrote
    So far enjoying the darling of dublin, comeback Ken, always liked his playing (though his long distance wand action has lost its magic).

Good to see Ken do well but it won't be long before he's in the commentary box.
    •  
      CommentAuthorfrancis
    Ouch that's harsh. biggrin

Still, I like his tactical play, but he doesn't stand a chance against the heavy break builders, makes too many errors. Also heard that Hendry will be returning to snooker given his recent divorce and alimentation and not to mention younger girlfriend. Aah, snooker gossip. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorJon Broxton
    • CommentTimeApr 21st 2014 edited
    I know I've mentioned this before, but I really miss being in Sheffield at World Snooker time (Sheffield is my home town, if people don't know). There's a real buzz around the town centre, around the Crucible, and when I was a kid you would be able to see snooker celebrities all over the place - I once stood behind John Virgo in a queue in a sandwich shop, and ran into Stephen Hendry in the menswear section of the Marks & Spencers on Fargate.

Between 1985 and around 2000 I would spend at least one Saturday morning during the tournament hanging around the Crucible stage door, with my programme, to get some autographs. I met pretty much every major player from that period at least once, and they were so nice, friendly, approachable, happy to chat. I once had about a 20 minute chat with Eddie Charlton - just me and him - before he looked at his watch and said "I have to go, I'm playing in an hour"!

So many good memories.