• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeApr 23rd 2014
    francis wrote
    Did I just watch a match deciding frame that took over an hour for Ricky Walden to clinch it after the umpteenth try... even the crowd and referee were laughing at the incompetence on display!

Damn! I missed it. I should get Alan and Erik to watch it and get a complete update.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    I forgot... Boxing is a judged sport. I hate judged sports.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  1. I don't watch much sports in general, not being a sporty guy myself. Only soccer and tennis if I chance upon a good match.

Volker
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Timmer wrote
    For sheer spectacle nothing beats my # 1 sport Boxing. NHL, Football, Tennis and nearly every other sport you can name are mere games that people play. You don't play Boxing.

No, with boxing you try to knock seven bells out of your opponent. wink

You can't get a better spectacle than a good rally at table tennis (my sport)

http://youtu.be/bbvOGh2T0uQ

(BTW, I don't feature in any of these clips.)

I used to love playing table tennis ( aka Ping-Pong wink ) but nowhere near that level.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Erik Woods wrote
    I forgot... Boxing is a judged sport. I hate judged sports.

-Erik-

But in boxing the judges can be rendered needless in an instant. wink

By the way, I don't really like team sports and there layeth the difference. I'll take boxing, tennis, snooker etc over football or ice skating with sticks any day.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Neil Robertson v Robbie Williams

Take that!!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Well, fuck...
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    Well, fuck...

That was a year or so ago. A gutting way to lose a match.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeApr 26th 2014
    Wow! What a match between Joe Perry and Ronnie O'Sullivan. Anyone who thought this was a walk in the park for O'Sullivan were seriously mistaken with Perry leading all the way until Ronnie finally levelled at 11-11

I'll leave it at that just in case you don't know the result yet Francis. wink
  2. Like father, like son.

David has discovered an interest in snooker and has been watching the World Snooker over the Easter school holidays - rather than doing revision for exams.

As a result of history repeating itself, I feel that I can't criticise this strategy too much.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Good lad! beer <-orange juice wink

Who's his favourite?
  3. Someone called Mark Selby I believe.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeApr 26th 2014 edited
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Someone called Mark Selby I believe.

He's an excellent player and one of the top contenders. I'd have thought the quick-fire style of Ronnie O'Sullivan or Judd Trump would be more appealing to the young!? Oh well, what do I know? smile wink
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Ricky Walden goes down for the 2nd year in a row to Barry Hawkins.
    •  
      CommentAuthorfrancis
    • CommentTimeApr 27th 2014
    I saw the O'Sullivan match and it's odd how only in the last two frames Ronnie brought out his A-game and obliterated Perry, while before that weirdly enough both players were very worthy of each other. OK, you don't expect O'Sullivan to play flawless all the time, but Perry proved that it is possible to control his game somewhat.

As for that other table, Doherty vs McManus, I just caught what has to be the worst frame played in the crucible. OK, I was expecting scrappy frames, but it is kind of sad to see these two miss fairly easy shots time and again, especially knowing what they were once capable of, both excellent tournament players at one stage. I noticed Eurosport isn't even bothering to cover that match anymore after the first session (!).

I hope Murphy gets through to take on O'Sullivan, I can't see Fu being much of a challenge for Ronnie.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Fack off.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeApr 27th 2014 edited
    francis wrote
    I saw the O'Sullivan match and it's odd how only in the last two frames Ronnie brought out his A-game and obliterated Perry, while before that weirdly enough both players were very worthy of each other. OK, you don't expect O'Sullivan to play flawless all the time, but Perry proved that it is possible to control his game somewhat.

I don't think there was anything odd about that. O'Sullivan has always been a moody changeable player, sometimes playing unbeatable one day and baffling awful the next, and the other way around. His un-predictability is what makes him such a fascinating player to watch. If the Rocket really has taken off then neither Fu nor Murphy will get past him.

I had sympathy for Perry, the man played out of his skin.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Thor wrote
    Fack off.

Time for bed mate. biggrin wave
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    francis wroteAs for that other table, Doherty vs McManus, I just caught what has to be the worst frame played in the crucible. OK, I was expecting scrappy frames, but it is kind of sad to see these two miss fairly easy shots time and again, especially knowing what they were once capable of, both excellent tournament players at one stage. I noticed Eurosport isn't even bothering to cover that match anymore after the first session (!).

Yeah, not the match I was hoping for either. slant

I liked Ken's attempt at a 147 though. Unlucky. ( though not as unlucky as the time he missed the black off it's spot to win a £70,000 sports car wink )
  4. Thor wrote
    Fack off.

Thor 2: Electric Boogaloo
    •  
      CommentAuthorfrancis
    Thor wrote
    Fack off.

...!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    shame
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    What's happened to Mark Allen? He's turned into porky pig. pig
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Timmer wrote
    francis wrote
    So far enjoying the darling of dublin, comeback Ken, always liked his playing (though his long distance wand action has lost its magic).

Good to see Ken do well but it won't be long before he's in the commentary box.

...and 7 days later. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorfrancis
    Timmer wrote

...and 7 days later. wink

If it keeps Terry Griffiths from doing more commentating, not a bad thing! sleep
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    biggrin
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeApr 28th 2014
    Timmer wrote
    What's happened to Mark Allen? He's turned into porky pig. pig

Physical fitness does come into the equation when it comes to the endurance of the world championships. Look at O'Sullivan, Selby and Robertson, all fit guys and the ones to beat.

Talking of Neil Robertson, he's looking in seriously good form.
    •  
      CommentAuthorfrancis
    • CommentTimeApr 29th 2014 edited
    I hope Robertson gets to score his 100th century of the season soon (I'm watching the game later). He has been playing immaculate and I've heard some of the commentators utter the phrase "after such an opening red, he deserves everything he can get", and he does go on to score heavily.

Only seen some of O'Sullivan so far and it's like Stephen Hendry says so cold "the match is over". If you can't beat Ronnie first session... But Stephen was wrong when he prophesized Robertson would score his much needed century and end up missing on the final black! biggrin
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeApr 29th 2014
    Robertson isn't looking good at the moment, he's coughing a lot and the commentators have mentioned this a few times already, I hope he isn't coming down with a heavy cold? You really don't want that against Judd Trump ( already 5-2 ahead ), Robertson looked awesome yesterday with Mark Allen (literally) worshiping at his feet after a stunning defeat.
  5. I just rejected the lift and took the stairs istead. cheesy
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.