• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeApr 29th 2014 edited
    francis wrote
    Only seen some of O'Sullivan so far and it's like Stephen Hendry says so cold "the match is over". If you can't beat Ronnie first session... But Stephen was wrong when he prophesized Robertson would score his much needed century and end up missing on the final black! biggrin

Well, it's never over till it's over, as they say, but I'm inclined to agree with Stephen.

If the next session between Robertson and Trump goes the same way as todays then we won't see Robertson's century of centuries, and I sincerely hope that won't be the case.

6-2 to Trump
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeApr 29th 2014
    Can McManus come back from 12-4? wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeApr 30th 2014
    Stephen Hendry called it right, "the match is over", it sure was at 13-3 to Ronnie who wasn't even in top gear.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Hawkins v Dale

Wow! shocked
    •  
      CommentAuthorfrancis
    Surprised Dale made such a comeback, I only saw parts of the second session where it looked like he was falling too far behind. I'm surprised he lasted this long. Watching Trump VS Robertson right now, great stuff.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Indeed! Really enjoying this one.
    •  
      CommentAuthorfrancis
    What a match! Easily the best of the tournament so far, and that 100th century was an amazing moment. I was a bit taken aback by Trump not congratulating Robertson; the frame was well over, he knew how important this was for Neil and totally cracked under the pressure afterwards. There was a glimpse of a final frame decider, but I think the better man won.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMay 1st 2014
    Yeah, I wanted Trump to win but he is a sour loser, bad sportsmanship.
  1. I actually saw that game and was so happy for Robertson to get that century.

Fantastic return by him overall and I think Trump congratulated for the century when the match was done. I think the issue was more how he was losing the game rather than not seeing the success Robertson had. A little classy act from Robertson was waiting for Trump to leave the game before he actually started to show his happiness with his victory.

My dad follows the sport big time and I think I've liked Robertson since that very, very long championship final that involved a very late finish and his mother coming down to congratulate. And from what I see and hear, I definitely love the fact that Higgins is gone, but feel kinda sorry for Ding, whom I like as well.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMay 1st 2014
    Pawel on Snooker? That was left field!? cool beer

I like Ding. He's been expected to have won the world championship by now, I think the pressure on him to do so has always done for him, he also never seems comfortable at the Crucible theatre.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMay 1st 2014 edited
    Great stuff from Robertson v Selby so far. 2-2 ( I fancy Neil to win but it'll be close whatever the outcome )

O'Sullivan v Hawkins continues tomorrow. 6-2 to O'Sullivan ( I don't see O'Sullivan losing )

I wonder what some people make of O'Sullivan's world ranking? Number 33 in the world, Stephen Hendry was laughing about this yesterday.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMay 2nd 2014
    17-7

Ronnie is in the final for the 3rd time in a row.

I bet Neil and Mark wished they had a day off wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorfrancis
    • CommentTimeMay 2nd 2014
    Have been watching the match switching between football and snooker, every time we switched back O'Sullivan added another frame! Looking forward to tomorrow's game.

Regarding the rating, that's simply down to tournament attendance. wink
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMay 3rd 2014
    Selby v Robertson is a real fight worthy of being a final. Excellent stuff!
    •  
      CommentAuthorfrancis
    • CommentTimeMay 3rd 2014
    Excellent semi-final, I knew it was going to be hard for Robertson after he left that red over the corner (and got an unlucky in off in a previous frame). I would have loved to have seen him take on O'Sullivan, but in the end the one player who annoys Ronnie the most (aside from Ebdon) might prove a worthy opponent. I hear what you say about this game having been a final of sorts, O'Sullivan seems to be in a tournament of his own wink
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMay 4th 2014
    Well, Selby's got the kind of game to upset O'Sullivan. My instinct still says Ronnie for a 6th title though.

I hope it's a closer final for O'Sullivan than all his previous wins.
  2. Great match, if sometimes slow on potting the ball. I was rooting for Robertson, but the quality of Selby's game makes him a deserved winner, in fact both outcomes would be satisfactory in this one.

I loved the class act of mutual respect and sympathy they gave each other after the match ended. A much different reaction than Trump's after his defeat, though at least, as he said, he did congratulate on the 100th century after the game itself.
  3. The Selby / Robertson game was the first game that I have watched in many years. I think that I picked a good one! It was excellent.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I bet a pint with my mate that Selby will win the final. I don't believe that but I just fancied an outside ( and not too expensive ) punt. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Not that interested in the sport, but I AM watching the Selby-O'Sullivan final now.
    I am extremely serious.
  4. The game's a bit 'bitty' - both players don't seem to have settled down. Selby finishing 5-3 down would still be a great result for him. Finishing the session 4-4 would be unbelievable!
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    What a final frame to the session! dizzy
  5. That red that Selby potted, what was THAT?

And how come he missed that black?!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Both of them seemed a bit 'off their game' even though many of the shots were tricky.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMay 4th 2014 edited
    PawelStroinski wrote
    That red that Selby potted, what was THAT?

It's called a fluke ( or simply getting lucky )

PawelStroinski
    And how come he missed that black?!

It's a mind thing, concentration, hell, these things just happen at times, nobody is perfect.
    •  
      CommentAuthorfrancis
    Pretty uneventful final so far, Selby's highest break is in the low 40s, he can't seem to knock in any long pots and continually loses position. He hasn't settled in this match yet and you just can't do that in the final, let alone against someone like O'Sullivan who is just playing well enough to win frames in one go. Selby is also playing dangerous snooker, leaving O'Sullivan half chance tempters in the hopes he'll miss, so far they have paid off since O'Sullivan's A game isn't quite there yet as well.

I'm sure Selby's game is bound to kick in, but better today than tomorrow!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMay 5th 2014
    If O'Sullivan's game kicks in he's in serious trouble.
    •  
      CommentAuthorfrancis
    Seems game is matched at 10-10! Do we have an exciting evening battle ahead? cool
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    11-10 to Selby now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMay 5th 2014 edited
    Wow, what a final!

This is the first snooker match I've watched for this long. I was rooting for Ronnie because I prefer his offensive style over Selby's more defensive, but he seemed out of his game through most of the frames (that I saw).

In either case, I learned a lot more about the game after this.
    I am extremely serious.