• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorfrancis
    • CommentTimeMay 5th 2014
    Yeah it was spectacular, these long finals tend to get decided early on when a player breaks away too far, so anytime it's this close or you have a comeback it's memorable. Selby is the deserved winner, and the way he kept his cool during those last couple of frames for me is unseen. Especially given some of the shots Ronnie pulled off, and that yellow along the right cushion was amazing!

Steve Davis (6 time world champion) and Stephen Hendry (7 times) will utter a sigh of relief that Ronnie hasn't secured what would have been his 6th victory as world champion.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMay 6th 2014 edited
    I don't think that matters too much. All the experts ( Hendry, Davis, Taylor etc ) all agree that Ronnie O'Sullivan is the greatest player ever whether he gets that 6th 7th or 8th title and if he continues playing he'll get more chances anyway.

Well done to Selby. beer
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  1. Experts? Steve Davis was saying last night that O'Sullivan was going to win this! wink

I was quite pleased to see Selby win - and in the manner in which he won. And it was good to see a final where no-one amassed too much of a lead.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Experts? Steve Davis was saying last night that O'Sullivan was going to win this!

Well, I was talking about how experts see his legacy in the game of which they are correct! tongue wink I expect Selby to be a footnote along with champions like Graham Dott, Joe Johnson, Peter Ebdon, Ken Docherty etc as champions who upset the odds here and there but will never be talked about in the same way as the Hendry's, O'Sullivan's, Higgins ( Alex & John....no relation ), Davis and even Jimmy White who never won the world championship but was a 6 times runner-up which alone makes him legendary.

Ronnie O'Sullivan is one of only two true geniuses of the game.

Here's the other one beating my all time favourite player Jimmy White. Check it out Thor and Pawel.

ALEX

A sad figure at the end, I don't think there'll ever be anyone quite like Alex Higgins again, he joins hell raising legends like Oliver Reed, Richard Harris, George Best and Keith Moon.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Here's the full program for anyone interested. A very good and very revealing program on a true legend and very emotional and touching too.

Even if you don't give a stuff about Snooker this is excellent viewing.

Enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkOaWmdipg4
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMay 6th 2014
    Timmer wrote
    Here's the full program for anyone interested. A very good and very revealing program on a true legend and very emotional and touching too.

Even if you don't give a stuff about Snooker this is excellent viewing.

Enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkOaWmdipg4

I love the music used at the end ( go to 57 minutes ), there's no music credit for this program but I'd swear I'm listening to Thomas Newman. Anyone here can help?
    •  
      CommentAuthorfrancis
    Seems O'Sullivan and his son were involved in a car accident on the way back from the final; luckily both are unharmed!

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2014/m … oker-final
  2. I don't know the first thing about snooker but I do know that this is hilarious. biggrin
  3. biggrin
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 2nd 2014
    Edmund Meinerts wrote
    I don't know the first thing about snooker but I do know that this is hilarious. biggrin

BRIAN BLESSED!!!!!!!!!!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 2nd 2014
    I see that Scotland's Andy Murray has crashed out of Wimbledon.
  4. Timmer wrote
    I see that Scotland's Andy Murray has crashed out of Wimbledon.

:kilt:
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeNov 23rd 2014
    Magnus Carlsen defends his world champion title in chess against Vishy Anand during the WC in Sochi! A pretty exciting match it was too, far more intense than last year's Anand match in Chenai.

Congrats to Magnus -- the first westerner to defend his title in 80 years. Norway is proud of you.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Middle class people across Britain are currently celebrating Lewis Hamilton's second world championship win. Congratulations to him.
  5. And another double win for Mercedes.
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    I have no idea who any of those two people are, I'm afraid.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    You're not middle class enough.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 5th 2014
    Francis?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/snooker/30339960

Pure genius!
    •  
      CommentAuthorfrancis
    • CommentTimeDec 7th 2014
    Amazed he can still perform this well with his ankle injury. Looking forward to the final tomorrow!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 7th 2014 edited
    francis wrote
    Amazed he can still perform this well with his ankle injury. Looking forward to the final tomorrow!

That 147 was awesome!

I hope it's a great one. The two most exciting players in the sport head to head in the final. Ronnie got to the final mostly playing his B or C game, I expect him to raise his form tomorrow. I fancy him to win, Judd is brilliant but hasn't got Ronnie's bottle.
    •  
      CommentAuthorfrancis
    • CommentTimeDec 7th 2014
    Yeah, Judd has problems sustaining his A-level game for an entire match and sometimes misses that extra cool to finish a match. On paper the two are a great match, but we both know if O'Sullivan plays his best it'll be over in no time. Still fascinating to watch either way! smile
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 8th 2014
    Ronnie not on top form and got pushed to the limit when it looked like a formality at 9-4 to O'Sullivan.

Good on Judd Trump for showing some bottle and coming back to make it an exciting final frame decider at 9-9. I still felt that O'Sullivan's experience would tilt it and I was right.
  6. Timmer wrote
    Ronnie not on top form and got pushed to the limit when it looked like a formality at 9-4 to O'Sullivan.

Good on Judd Trump for showing some bottle and coming back to make it an exciting final frame decider at 9-9. I still felt that O'Sullivan's experience would tilt it and I was right.

We missed the fightback from Trump during that hour as we were watching Michael Palin in the final episode of the drama Remember Me on BBC1 at 9. David was watching it on his PC and kept coming to us with 9-5, 9-6, 9-7... and I did feel a little regret at missing the comeback. When we left it it looked like O'Sullivan would walk away with it, and by the time our programme had finished and we turned it over, O'Sullivan was just tidying up the end of the final frame.

Having watched a lot of the final earlier in the day, I think it would have been a bit unfair of Trump to have won. His play was pretty poor and, despite a valiant comeback (apparently), he just didn't deserve the win overall.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    and in the us we're in the heat of the nfl as well as our first college championship.
    tom
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Me, I've watched someone think about football.

What?
    That's as close as I get as far as sports are concerned.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    That's nothing, I once drove past a group of youths (youths!) playing football. It was exhilarating.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Good GOD.
    Sic transit gloria mundi.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorfrancis
    Timmer wrote

I stopped watching at 9-4, then I turned the tv on later and saw they were still at it, 9-8. biggrin was great to see a deciding frame, but never seen O'Sullivan make that many mistakes. However, the one Judd made that landed him that snooker behind green, hard to recover from.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Indeed.

I disagree with Alan, Trump would have more than deserved to win from such a fight back after Ronnie seemed to collapse.

Apart from a few moments of brilliance ( the 147 ) Ronnie O'Sullivan was far from his best in this tournament and yet he still won.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJan 13th 2015
    Hi Francis, watching The Masters?

For those who don't know and might care, The Masters is the 3rd biggest event on the snooker calendar, there are no ranking points involved as only the worlds top 16 players get invited.

Early results include first round exits for Mark Selby and Stewart Bingham. The third 147 maximum in the tournaments history by Bingham's conqueror Marco Fu.

Stephen Hendry's birthday today, He had to watch and commentate on Ronnie O'Sullivan equalling his record of 775 career century breaks. Ronnie won his match and plays again on Thursday, it is extremely likely that'll be the end of Hendry's long standing record on that day.