• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJan 13th 2015
    It's not only great to see Ali Carter back but it's great to see him playing in such excellent form after beating Barry Hawkins 5-1
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJan 16th 2015 edited
    This weeks Snooker has been exceptionally high quality....until today. Joe Perry v Mark Allen is a real stinker.

Very frustrating to see players of this calibre not delivering.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeFeb 28th 2015
    I doubt anyone else have been following the Ski World Championship in Falun, Sweden that's now into its second-to-last day, but it's obviously huge in Norway and we're looking to do our alltime best championship this year:

http://www.fis-ski.com/falun2015/medals/

Several other nations represented there (and doing it well) that are also represented here on the board -- Sweden, Germany, Austria, Japan, Poland, Switzerland, Italy, France etc. Even the US with some surprise medals this year, as well as UK cross-country skiier Andrew Musgrave who's pretty good.

Anyone else been following the events?
    I am extremely serious.
  1. Another channel is covernig today's Bundesliga fooball wich I indended to watch. But than I discovered that my favourite clup SCHALKE has lost by 0:3 against the local rival DORTMUND. slant So I decided I could watch the Fis WC anyway.

smile Volker
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
  2. Thor wrote
    I doubt anyone else have been following the Ski World Championship in Falun, Sweden that's now into its second-to-last day, but it's obviously huge in Norway and we're looking to do our alltime best championship this year:

http://www.fis-ski.com/falun2015/medals/

Several other nations represented there (and doing it well) that are also represented here on the board -- Sweden, Germany, Austria, Japan, Poland, Switzerland, Italy, France etc. Even the US with some surprise medals this year, as well as UK cross-country skiier Andrew Musgrave who's pretty good.

Anyone else been following the events?

I did, glad about our bronze (should have been silver...) in team ski jumping, but I didn't watch much as Polish skiers didn't do as well as hoped.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMar 1st 2015
    i', glad to heat that someone else is keeping tabs
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeMar 1st 2015
    In America the baseball teams are in spring training and the college basketball will be going into the NCAA tournament nicknamed "March Madness"
    Tom smile
    listen to more classical music!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeApr 24th 2015 edited
    where are you Francis?

Just watched rookie Anthony McGill dump world champion Mark Selby out of the Snooker World Championship 13-9

The lad is quite some talent and he's full of bottle.
    •  
      CommentAuthorfrancis
    • CommentTimeApr 28th 2015
    Heard about Selby yes, but haven't watched a lot of the previous round. Been watching the O'Sullivan match and if Bingham wont let himself be intimidated, he should be able to put up a good fight against Ronnie. I hope this one will go all the way tomorrow evening.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Judd Trump is looking incredible at the moment. Robertson looks good too.
    •  
      CommentAuthorfrancis
    Very enjoyable but I doubt this is one where Ding can pull off yet another comeback. He has played too many excellent small breaks in frames he didn't end up winning and Judd is doing his best at leaving him as little chances as possible.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeApr 29th 2015
    Yeah, Judd is really on fire and then some, crowd pleasing stuff. He has to be favourite to win this year but I would never count Ronnie out again ( as I did in 2012 & 13 where he won both ), obviously there is still some way to go and anything can happen.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Timmer wrote
    Judd Trump is looking incredible at the moment. Robertson looks good too.

I spoke too soon. Hawkins making a comeback and leaving Robertson trailing 5-3 overnight.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I just don't see Ronnie O'Sullivan getting to the final this year, the odd flash of brilliance will not make up for very very inconsistent form.
    •  
      CommentAuthorfrancis
    Timmer wrote
    I just don't see Ronnie O'Sullivan getting to the final this year, the odd flash of brilliance will not make up for very very inconsistent form.

He isn't out yet, but how ballsy of Bingham to keep going for a 147 at that stage of the match. I know I'm in the minority, but I would like to see Bingham go through. Partly because of Ronnie's messy game, but also because Bingham is a strong tournament player and I often feel he doesn't get the same respect as the crowd pleasers. Whoever wins though, will be facing a well rested Trump.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeApr 30th 2015
    Well, I was right. 13-9 to Bingham. Ronnie on his A-game is near unbeatable but I don't even think he was even on his C-game here, the amount of times Bingham messed shots you'd normally have expected Ronnie to be a runaway winner but it was Ronnie who continually broke down on shots.

I like Bingham and though it would be good to see him going through I doubt he'll get past Judd Trump if he continues to play as awesome as he has been playing. I see a Judd Trump v Shaun Murphy final on Sunday.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Oh yeah, Judd is a local boy so obviously I want him to win. ( Moi, biased? wink )
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeApr 30th 2015 edited
    I'm not a big snooker fan, but my brother is, and he visited me here in Oslo a couple of weeks ago. So when Selby played the Norwegian (but English-born) Kurt Maflin in the first round, we watched at least 6 hours of the game on Eurosport untill the end before we had to go to bed. Wow. As I started to learn more about the rules, it was quite exciting. And what a tense match it was.

Maybe I (and other Norwegians) will continue to follow snooker more seriously now that we have one of our own in the top league.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Maflin played great. Under pressure, at the televised stage and playing the reigning world champion, he showed great bottle and so nearly beat him.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeMay 1st 2015
    On a hockey note our Minneapolis team the Wild has advanced and need to beat the Chicago Blackhawks. Go Wild.
    Tom smile
    listen to more classical music!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMay 2nd 2015 edited
    Timmer wrote
    Oh yeah, Judd is a local boy so obviously I want him to win. ( Moi, biased? wink )

Judd Trump must have thought he would be up against tournament favourite O'Sullivan which seems to have put him off his stroke being up against O'Sullivan's shock conqueror Stewart Bingham. Bingham is hungry and up for it and leads Trump 9-7 overnight. This is not the Trump that annihilated China's favourite Ding Junhui ( a brilliant player who has won near everything except the world championship, he has never done that great at The Crucible venue ), still, tomorrow is another day and Snooker is a psychological game of skill, he could either come out as the incredible potting machine he can be or mentally crumble, we shall see?

Shaun Murphy is pretty much a 'sure in'. Nine frames to play and he needs only one of them. He's the in-form consistent player of the tournament. Expect Barry Hawkins to go out within a few frames if not the very first one.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMay 2nd 2015 edited
    I did think at one point that Shaun Murphy was going to inflict the biggest semi-final defeat in this championships history when it was 13-3 and Murphy was in full flow. Well done to Bingham for bringing the deficit down to 16-8

Just for the record it was Ronnie O'Sullivan who handed out the most one sided semi-final defeat so far to none other than the legendary Stephen Hendry in 2004 with a crushing 17-4. Hendry said at the time that "no player had ever played like that against him" and the commentators described it as 'Snooker from the gods'. O'Sullivan went on to win his 2nd of 5 world championships.

I watched it at the time and I don't think I've ever seen better.
    •  
      CommentAuthorfrancis
    • CommentTimeMay 2nd 2015
    Amazing how Bingham continues to win the mini-sessions, this last one had a bit of that winning line pressure but he held up nicely. Trump did get a lot of bad luck but his safety hasn't been as good as Stuart's, and out of the two Bingham is the better player at the moment.

I would like to see Bingham win this, the man can play top-level good snooker and for these last couple of games I keep hearing the commentators and analysts say "Ronnie handed him the frame", "Trump handed him that frame". NO. Stuart won it by playing better snooker. At this stage, that makes the difference.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I agree Francis. Unless Trump can bring some last minute top form that destroyed Ding he'll be out pretty soon.
    •  
      CommentAuthorfrancis
    Best match of the tournament, that comeback from Trump was amazing but the final frame with that plant along the top cushion (genius shot), nerve wrecking edge-of-your-seat snooker! What great performances.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMay 3rd 2015
    Damn yeah! I hope the final can live up to this semi. As a local boy I did want Trump to win but Bingham was a worthy winner, it obviously ( shown by his emotional post match interview ) meant so much to him, it's taken him 20 years as a professional to get there and I hope he eventually goes on to win it. He's taken out the two favourites, O'Sullivan and Trump so I don't see why not. It should be a corker against the in-form Murphy.

At only 25 years old Trump will have many more chances, he's coming into his prime now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorfrancis
    By the way, my brother and I talked about doing a trip to Sheffield for one of the following world championships, anyone know if Sheffield is a fun city to visit and if there stuff to do other than snooker?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    francis wrote
    anyone know if Sheffield is a fun city to visit and if there stuff to do other than snooker?

CALLING JON BROXTON!!!!
  3. It's going to be tough tomorrow but I hope Bingham takes the title. Great to see a player who just seems genuinely pleased to be playing snooker.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMay 4th 2015
    I'd like to see Bingham take the title but he has to find a way to get in front and make Murphy doubt himself, a tall order but not impossible. He's showing real grit to come back from 8-4 down.