• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    • CommentTimeJun 16th 2009
    face-palm-mt
    Racism, Prejudices and discrimination exists everywhere.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    • CommentTimeJun 17th 2009
    Yet another shameful defeat at the hands of SA. I seriously doubt about Dhoni's captaincy. Anyhow, Indian should have learned lessons from these defeats.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    • CommentTimeJun 17th 2009
    As you all know, in India, people considers Cricket as religion. After witnessing the horrible performance of Indian team, people and fans are very upset and angry over Indian. As for the report, fans burnt effigy of Dhoni and Gary Kirsten to express their anger over them. I think they are in grave danger in getting back to country. I think there will be tight security in India for Indian Players.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    • CommentTimeJun 19th 2009
    South Africa's semifinal ghost haunts again. It seems that SA has no desire to reach final. I think its time for someone to tell them that "Its not final, its semi-final". As i mentioned in earlier post, SA would certainly perform well in group stages and super 8 level but the moment they enter semis they are just in habit of losing it. This is not first time, it happened several times in the past. What really haunts them? What was actually went wrong with them? Its quite mysterious to me. Basic problem with SA, they always fail to stick to the basics of the any format of the game. At the same time, i don't deny the wonderful performance of Pakistan team. They really bowled well. Anyhow, it was usual semifinal for SA. Better luck next time to SA. All the best to Pakistan.

Today's match between West Indies and Srilanka. All the best to both the teams.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    • CommentTimeJun 22nd 2009
    At last, T20 world cup 2009 have come to an end. I say this year world cup was bags of surprises.

1. Australians knocked out of the tournament at group stage itself
    2. Netherlands defeated England
    3. Ireland entered super 8 stage.
    4. Defending champion India was knocked with three consecutive defeats.
    5. Finally, Srilanka was the favorite of this tournament but Pakistan crushed them by eight wickets.

Overall, it was a very good tournament.

Congratulations to Pakistan team! beer

BYE! wave
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    • CommentTimeJul 21st 2009
    At Lords, the English would have been pleased with the performance of England Team on going Ashes Series. While the first test match, the English team made grand escape and survived in the second test match. As usual, Australians are in the habit of losing second test match. I think whole British nation are celebrating this moment.

All the best to both teams for future games.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    • CommentTimeAug 10th 2009
    Now, its going to be real ashes series. The fifth and final test going to be do or die situation for both the teams. Now, series stands 1-1, which confirms that final test is going to be real test for both England and Australia. Now, everybody wonders that will England regain the ashes or will Australia retain the ashes? Answer for these questions is not too far. My fingers are crossed....
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    • CommentTimeAug 24th 2009
    Congratulation to England Team for regaining Ashes cup. They deserve to win this ashes series. And at the same time, nobody can blame Australia's poor performance. In fact, England team just outsmarted the Australia in all departments of the game. After 2005, yet another historical moment for England. I think, now, whole nation celebrates this moment. Well done! applause
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeAug 24th 2009
    Sunil wrote
    Congratulation to England Team for regaining Ashes cup. They deserve to win this ashes series. And at the same time, nobody can blame Australia's poor performance. In fact, England team just outsmarted the Australia in all departments of the game. After 2005, yet another historical moment for England. I think, now, whole nation celebrates this moment. Well done! applause

Always nice to beat the Aussies, but they're a shadow of the team they were (and England aren't as good as in 2005 either). With Langer, Hayden, McGrath and most importantly Warne retired (and Lee injured), they don't seem as hard to beat any more.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeAug 26th 2009
    What is this whole Ashes thingy that skynews is floating us with all these days? And why is it more important to some people, like G.Brown for instance, than the release of the Lockerbie bomber? Can someone explain it to a naive man who's not knowledgeable on the subject?
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    Winning the Ashes cup is very very precious thing for both Australia and England. The whole world watch this Ashes series. To know more about Ashes, click below link:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Ashes

Have a nice day!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    What is this whole Ashes thingy that skynews is floating us with all these days? And why is it more important to some people, like G.Brown for instance, than the release of the Lockerbie bomber? Can someone explain it to a naive man who's not knowledgeable on the subject?

Why is it more important to G. Brown?

Because as with ALL politicians he'd rather distract us from the real important issues at hand.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    True.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    • CommentTimeDec 7th 2009
    Hi,

I thought i would start a new thread for "World of Sports", but later on i thought i would better edit the existing thread and change the name of the topic. So, guys you can share all your sporting events and also your experience, opinions and thoughts on recently viewed sports events.

As of now, i feel great about my Indian team, which became No.1 Test cricket nation in the world after beating Srilanka in third test at Mumbai. This has happened exactly after 77 years, they reached no.1 spot. Phew! very long journey indeed. This was completely historical moment for team as well as to Indian people. But they have to consistent cricket. All the best.

Well done, boys! keep it up! My hearty congratulations to Indian team!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    It's nice indeed! But we have so few test games that we play each year. We should play more Tests and less ODIs. And most importantly make good pitches and not the flat, batting tracks like in the first game.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    Exactly, we have pitches problem. Unlike Australian pitches, here there is no variation in pitches, which highly necessary for any cricket playing nations. I hope BCCI will look into this matter very seriously.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    • CommentTimeJan 7th 2010
    Awesome Aussies

Yesterday, Australian Cricketers proved why they are no.1 in the world of Cricket. Well Done! 2nd test match between Australia and Pakistan would be certainly remembered for long time. In 1st Innings, Australians were bundled for just 127 and Pakistan replied superbly by scoring 338. But Australia came back strongly in second innings but managed to score 386 and set the target for Pakistan was just 176. All the Cricket fans around the world would have expected that Pakistan would make easy cake walk. But Aussies pulled the game away from Pakistan just like that. Well done!
  1. I'm not sure we are the best team in the world anymore, but we sure were fortunate yesterday! wink
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    franz_conrad wrote
    I'm not sure we are the best team in the world anymore, but we sure were fortunate yesterday! wink

I know on what basis you are saying this. Maybe, there are no key players like Gilchrist (my all time favorite Wicketkeeper/Batsman), Mcgrath, Gillespie, Shane Warne etc. Even then Australian can manage to pull the victory from opponents. That's quite incredible. Of course, as of now, Australia is not stronger side as they were 5 or 6 years ago but they maintain their professionalism. That's why i like Australian Cricket team.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Interesting that a thread called "World of Sports" is 95% about cricket! biggrin
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I would participate more if there were some boxing or snooker fans but there aren't.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Timmer wrote
    I would participate more if there were some boxing or snooker fans but there aren't.

Boxing...got some basic historical knowledge. Snooker....very little, except Ronnie O'Sullivan. It's very soothing hangover viewing on a lazy Sunday, though (they sometimes show matches on Eurosport).
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorfommes
    I've no idea how cricket works even. A tennis man myself.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Thor wrote
    Timmer wrote

Boxing...got some basic historical knowledge. Snooker....very little, except Ronnie O'Sullivan. It's very soothing hangover viewing on a lazy Sunday, though (they sometimes show matches on Eurosport).

That's always been one of the reasons I love watching it ( and of course the fact I play it well myself, along with pool, though oddly I find pool a dire spectator sport on TV ), it's a zen sport.

Boxing I know my history on too ( exceptionally well, I could take this subject onto a show like Mastermind and not be made a fool of ), and right up to date too. The late H.Rocco ( His H'ness from FSM and MM ) really knew his boxing lore and we had a number of conversations on the subject.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    I'm a snooker fan.

But returning to cricket... astonishing performance by England today against South Africa.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    A Snooker fan? Cool! beer

A very good friend of mine is an absolute cricket nut, thankfully he doesn't bludgeon me too much with it. Worst thing for me is if I'm at a pub with friends and the subject of football comes up, I'm left conversationally floundering like a beached fish and that's time to slip off and find someone else to talk to or lose myself in pool.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    p.s. England is still fighting.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    what about football!!!!!
    thomas
    listen to more classical music!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    sdtom wrote
    what about football!!!!!
    thomas

Don't you mean Soccer Tom? biggrin wink
  2. I agree Tom. Australian rules is the greatest game around! punk wink
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am