• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJan 10th 2010
    Erik Woods wrote
    Thor wrote
    It would be more interesting if I actually SAW the damn puck once in a while! smile

Black puck on white ice... how hard can that be?

-Erik-

Yeah, you would think so, wouldn't you? But for the most part, I just see some buffed guys skating around the ice, waving their clubs around occasionally and then when someone actually scores, I'm like "hey, what the fuck just happened there?". It's fun when they fight, though.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeJan 10th 2010
    Thor wrote
    Yeah, you would think so, wouldn't you? But for the most part, I just see some buffed guys skating around the ice, waving their clubs around occasionally and then when someone actually scores, I'm like "hey, what the fuck just happened there?".

Hockey is more than just following the puck... it's following the play.

Thor wrote
    It's fun when they fight, though.

Good lord... that's always the case with non-hockey fans.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJan 11th 2010
    Well, at least it's huge in Sweden, my neighbouring country.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Thor wrote
    Well, at least it's huge in Sweden, my neighbouring country.

Indeed! A lot of great NHLers have come from that country and they are going to be incredibly strong in the Olympics as they defend their Gold Medal win from 2006.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  1. Erik Woods wrote
    Thor wrote
    Yeah, you would think so, wouldn't you? But for the most part, I just see some buffed guys skating around the ice, waving their clubs around occasionally and then when someone actually scores, I'm like "hey, what the fuck just happened there?".

Hockey is more than just following the puck... it's following the play.

Thor wrote
    It's fun when they fight, though.

Good lord... that's always the case with non-hockey fans.

-Erik-

I like the fights too, as a hockey fan!

I generally love the quick pace of hockey, but alas, our local TV stopped broadcasting NHL after the contract ended last season. My favorite team won though!
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorfommes
    I've only seen ice hockey once - and it was live, back abroad in Canada. I didn't know that fighting was part of the game, so when they begun the first fight, I was like, what the puck!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    He, he....speaking of which, here's a cool mass fight that occured in Russia just this weekend:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRjfCZl_35M
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeJan 11th 2010 edited
    ^ It's the only aspect of the game that I truly hate!

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    That's the most retarded thing I've ever seen. Entertaining, sure, but retarded.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    What, the ice hockey fights or the russians' mass fight?
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Strewth what a tear up.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJan 14th 2010
    Baseball is also very popular in Japan, Dominican Republic, and other countries. American football I'll agree is pretty much
    US only.
    Thomas
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeJan 14th 2010
    I'm more into tennis than cricket, to be honest. Also love watching football.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    • CommentTimeJan 16th 2010
    Its seems that you like Sania Mirza very much. wink
    Racism, Prejudices and discrimination exists everywhere.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    I'm more a fan of Maria Sharapova. lick
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    Hey, what's wrong with Sania Mirza? she is also so sexyyyyyyyy... lick wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Nothing, except I'm not a big fan of her playing style. tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    Of course, nobody likes her playing style but........ wink lick
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    both the san diego and the minnesota team are in the playoffs
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    I'm sure nobody watches cross-country skiing here, but man, that Lukas Bauer seems like an übermensch. I just saw him win the 15 km classical without problems, just a week after he won the whole Tour de Ski. I wonder if anyone will be able to even give him competition in the Olympics.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeFeb 6th 2010
    For those who are interested the Superbowl is tomorrow. Indianopolis Colts vs. the New Orleans Saints.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeFeb 6th 2010
    sdtom wrote
    For those who are interested the Superbowl is tomorrow. Indianopolis Colts vs. the New Orleans Saints.

Bring on the commercials and The Who during half time!

-Erik-
  2. It's being shown on one of the main channels in the UK - at a reasonable time (starts at 11.30pm). I'll certainly watch the beginning. How long I last depends on events unfolding (including frequency of commercial breaks.)
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeFeb 7th 2010
    A big deal on this side of the pond.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    For the first time in history, they are showing the Super Bowl live on Norwegian TV (which means it will be nighttime TV). Not that I'm going to sit up for it anyway, as I have no interest in American Football, but it's interesting that it's allowed that much exposure on national TV.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeFeb 7th 2010 edited
    I hear that the only real buzz is for the commercials in the break. smile
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Christodoulides wrote

Sports in America which Erik will back me up on is dependent on markets. Records were broken as an example when the Yankees/Phillies played in the World Series this year. When Tampa Bay played Boston the ratings were down. The NFL is so strong that even two weak markets such as Indianapolis and New Orleans don't matter and there is a huge interest anyway.

Yes The Who and the commercials will be a point of interest to many but this is the equivalent of the World Cup final to America.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    sdtom wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

Sports in America which Erik will back me up on is dependent on markets. Records were broken as an example when the Yankees/Phillies played in the World Series this year. When Tampa Bay played Boston the ratings were down. The NFL is so strong that even two weak markets such as Indianapolis and New Orleans don't matter and there is a huge interest anyway.

Yes The Who and the commercials will be a point of interest to many but this is the equivalent of the World Cup final to America.

The Who? What do they have to do with the Super Bowl??
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Thor wrote
    sdtom wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

The Who? What do they have to do with the Super Bowl??

They are the halftime act Thor.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeFeb 8th 2010
    And get paid a lot!
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt