• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. To me they were just too old.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeFeb 8th 2010
    Not talking about your generation then Alan? wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    They are old but still recognizable to the target market
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    And have three of there classic songs featured on the 3 top rated CBS programs... CSI, CSI: Miami and CSI: NY. CBS knew what they were doing when they got The Who involved in the half time show!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeFeb 8th 2010 edited
    Timmer wrote
    Not talking about your generation then Alan? wink

In the Eighties there was already a Spitting Image spoof making fun of Pete Townsend who was then a spokesperson against youth drug abuse, using the My Generation song. Sadly of course his generation was a completely different one from his target audience, who kept on not having any inkling who that "old bloke" was!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Yeap! I remember it! biggrin
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    I saw the show on youtube. These guys can still rock!
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    I was surprised at the 31-17 outcome of the game.
    •  
      CommentAuthorfommes
    Erik Woods wrote
    And have three of there classic songs featured on the 3 top rated CBS programs... CSI, CSI: Miami and CSI: NY. CBS knew what they were doing when they got The Who involved in the half time show!

-Erik-

Yeah, I thought CSI would feature in the Superbowl instead.

http://www.theonion.com/content/news/cs … super_bowl
    •  
      CommentAuthorfommes
    Oh yeah, and what about ol' Fed winning his sweet sixteenth grand slam title! Way to go!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    fommes wrote
    Oh yeah, and what about ol' Fed winning his sweet sixteenth grand slam title! Way to go!

Indeed. He's unsurpassed now, as far as I know.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Thor wrote
    fommes wrote

Indeed. He's unsurpassed now, as far as I know.

I thought Nadal but he seems plagued by injury.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeFeb 9th 2010
    I agree with injury factor for Nadal
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I'm actually glad that Federer won instead of Murray. For starters, Federer is the better player, but he's also more likable! (Murray isn't a "British" player anyway, he's definitely more Scottish. So I'm not really rooting for him.)
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeFeb 9th 2010 edited
    Steven wrote
    I'm actually glad that Federer won instead of Murray. For starters, Federer is the better player, but he's also more likable! (Murray isn't a "British" player anyway, he's definitely more Scottish. So I'm not really rooting for him.)

m'man beer
  2. Steven wrote

Just because he's Scottish?

We've got to meet in London!! wink
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    uh oh shocked
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Well, yeah, Murray has made various rather racist anti-English comments over the years. I still like him to do well (but there is a huge gulf in class between Federer and Nadal and then the rest).
  3. Southall wrote
    Well, yeah, Murray has made various rather racist anti-English comments over the years.

But he's Scottish, so he was probably on the defensive.
    •  
      CommentAuthorfommes
    I really wanted to like Murray, since of all the younger players with this same-ish counterhitting, boring baseline style (Djokovic, Del Potro, etc.), he was sort of showing the most variety, but I was soon let down by many of his interviews and comments; apparently he's really a spoilt brat.

That, and he has a two-handed backhand. Bah!
    cool

Concerning Nadal, it was only a matter of time before his ugly playing style led to injury. And apart from the 2008 season, where he was at his high, and Federer was still suffering from mono, he has never really 'surpassed' Federer except on clay, where Rafa's the master, of course. Looking forward to an exciting Roland Garros - hopefully with Fed vs Nadal in the final once more.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    What is this with Scots and Brits. Civil War?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Wouldn't you colonials like that!
    wink
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorfommes
    I don't know, perhaps it's angst Wimbledon can be won by a Scotsman.

I prefer a blancmange personally.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I have to admit, I'm a bit of a Federer fan. The man is a tennis genius. Although the match between him and Roddick at last year's Wimbledon was a VERY close match, and to be honest I think they both deserved to win.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    I always thought Federer was a singer.

The truly embarassing thing is I'm not kidding. Me and sports... dizzy
    •  
      CommentAuthorfommes
    Steven wrote
    I have to admit, I'm a bit of a Federer fan. The man is a tennis genius.

Likewise. He's a tennis artist in a virtually unprecedented way. The variety of his shots is incredible. And I know it's a cliché, but there's something (weirdly) aesthetically pleasing and fulfilling inherent in them in a way I've never seen before. There was an interesting read on this aspect of his game a while back, "Federer as Religious Experience" or something like that.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    fommes wrote
    Steven wrote
    I have to admit, I'm a bit of a Federer fan. The man is a tennis genius.

Likewise. He's a tennis artist in a virtually unprecedented way. The variety of his shots is incredible. And I know it's a cliché, but there's something (weirdly) aesthetically pleasing and fulfilling inherent in them in a way I've never seen before. There was an interesting read on this aspect of his game a while back, "Federer as Religious Experience" or something like that.

Pretty bold statement
    •  
      CommentAuthorfommes
    In which sentence?

In hindsight, there's way too much idolatry in my post. I need to seriously tone it down.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Federer's got a really amazing amount of reach for the ball and speed across the court, his shots are beautifully executed and a pleasure to watch. He actually has a lot of control over the game because he knows where to place the shot and with what speed. I think a major factor of him winning against Roddick last year at Wimbledon was his very powerful serve which Roddick was ultimately unable to break despite close calls. Though like Steven said, I thought they both played exceptionally well (and with an exceptional stamina!) and deserved to win.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    I always thought Federer was a singer.

The truly embarassing thing is I'm not kidding. Me and sports... dizzy

No, you're thinking of Roger....