• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorfommes
    • CommentTimeFeb 9th 2010
    I didn't think Federer played too well in that finale (nowhere near his level in the semi-final); he was clearly under the impression of the circumstances, the visitors (Pete), and perhaps also the sun a bit, if I remember well. All credit to Roddick, however, to take advantage of that (though, perhaps not all credit, since Roddick failed to take his best chances in that tie-break where he got like three set points or so in a row), and he really, really wanted to win this one. What was amazing in that match is not Federer's usual display of great tennis, but his ability to just hang in there and wait for the errors. It was a classic grass court match though, with great serving on both parts!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    • CommentTimeFeb 10th 2010
    What a embarrassing defeat for Indian cricket team? After long time, Indian cricket team faced huge defeat against South Africa, especially on their own soil. Under the captaincy of MS Dhoni, this was first defeat at home. This is the only consoling part for billions of Indian fans but apart from that, big disappointment. However, as a cricket fan, i should certainly applaud for South Africans for their brilliant show. They just outplayed Indians in every department. Well done!
    Racism, Prejudices and discrimination exists everywhere.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Football is done now until August and baseball will be taking over soon in America.
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    sdtom wrote
    Football is done now until August and baseball will be taking over soon in America.

They should really be watching hockey!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Hockey?

Isn't that weird Canadian thing where knights in kevlar armour pretend to hit an invisible checker's piece as an excuse to actually start a catch-as-catch-can wrestling match?
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeFeb 11th 2010
    Actually the next big watched event is the NCAA basketball tournament
  1. sdtom wrote

You forget the big Major League Soccer kickoff in a couple of weeks!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Erik Woods wrote
    sdtom wrote

-Erik-

Right. There is nothing more exciting than watching Toronto Maple Leaf Hockey.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    sdtom wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    sdtom wrote

-Erik-

Well, they blow for sure but the most exciting hockey tournament begins this weekend!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Erik Woods wrote
    sdtom wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    sdtom wrote

-Erik-

Well, they blow for sure but the most exciting hockey tournament begins this weekend!

-Erik-

The fun hockey does start this weekend. By the way Erik the Minnesota Gopher hockey team is pretty bad too.
    • CommentAuthorTintin
    • CommentTimeFeb 12th 2010
    The Vancouver winter Olympics are a few hours away. I hope they get some colder temperatures. The skiers can't even practice.

Some excellent pictures to view at the official site.

http://www.vancouver2010.com/
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeFeb 12th 2010
    I was in Whistler three years ago and they were already building roads and extra infrastructure for it then.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeFeb 13th 2010
    Georgian luger dead after training crash

Here's the video of the horrific crash!

All this before the opening ceremonies!

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Erik Woods wrote

-Erik-

The Canadians got some bad US press over this. Apparently, from what I listened to on the radio, countries weren't allowed early access to practice because "home advantage" would be taken away and someone in England warned that this could happen.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    sdtom wrote
    Erik Woods wrote

-Erik-

The Canadians got some bad US press over this. Apparently, from what I listened to on the radio, countries weren't allowed early access to practice because "home advantage" would be taken away and someone in England warned that this could happen.

Well, Canada is playing by the rules of access to competition sites, as set by each sport’s governing body, and are well within their rights. Team and athletes are being given the minimum amount of practice time but in the meantime Canada is enjoying much more practice time than any other country. So, yeah, home field advantage is coming into play. It's a little nasty and might turn out to be a pie in the face if Canada if we don't win Gold!

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    I'm sure Canada will dominate
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    How can something like that happen? That turn looks pretty unsafe, maybe it's an error with the design of the track?
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Tragic accident indeed. I'm not familiar with the Georgian athlete, but it begs the question if there should be some sort of quality control of the athlete's abilities for events such as these.

Otherwise, I - like most Norwegians - are very excited about the games, as we're usually among the top nations. Special expectations to the Nordic disciplines, of course.

However, there should also be something for other members here. For Erik, it's the Canadian hockey team, of course (which will kick Norway's ass in the opening match) and for the Dutch, it's the skating events with "superhero" Sven Kramer leading the way. And Americans are always doing well in most of the disciplines.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorRanietz
    Since I'm from Norway too I'm excited about the Olympic games. Mostly the Nordic disciplines since that's where we have the biggest chance for medals. However I fear that the games will be to much covered in the Norwegian media and I'll be sick of it before games end...
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Ranietz wrote
    Since I'm from Norway too I'm excited about the Olympic games. Mostly the Nordic disciplines since that's where we have the biggest chance for medals. However I fear that the games will be to much covered in the Norwegian media and I'll be sick of it before games end...

In America there will be coverage but not nearly the amount in other countries. This weekend for example is the NBA All-Star Basketball game.
    Thomas
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Thor wrote
    Tragic accident indeed. I'm not familiar with the Georgian athlete, but it begs the question if there should be some sort of quality control of the athlete's abilities for events such as these.

Hmmm...at the end of the day, it's a bloke -mostly unprotected- on a metal sheet gliding down an ice ramp at speeds of 140 km/hr. This to me doesn't sound like anything ANY level of quality control will be able to fix.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    sdtom wrote
    Ranietz wrote

In America there will be coverage but not nearly the amount in other countries. This weekend for example is the NBA All-Star Basketball game.
    Thomas

Strange that there isn't much interest, since the US almost always is among the top nations when the medal tally is counted.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeFeb 14th 2010
    As much interest as you think would be better to say
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeFeb 14th 2010
    I think that 18-0 hockey score was a little much
  2. Erik Woods wrote

-Erik-

yeah, I saw that too, horrific indeed
    he had no chance sad

I guess in any sport something can go wrong, even in the so called safer sports shame
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeFeb 15th 2010
    sdtom wrote
    I think that 18-0 hockey score was a little much

Woman hockey isn't on an equal level. Canada and US are the super powers with Finland and Sweden are much improved. The rest are house league teams.

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    To put that in perspective a women's pro basketball team that averages 70 points a game would have to score 210 points if the hockey team averaged 6goals a game.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    sdtom wrote
    To put that in perspective a women's pro basketball team that averages 70 points a game would have to score 210 points if the hockey team averaged 6goals a game.

Huh? You equate that scoring 6 goals a hockey game is the same as scoring 210 points in basketball?

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Erik Woods wrote
    sdtom wrote

Huh? You equate that scoring 6 goals a hockey game is the same as scoring 210 points in basketball?

-Erik-

I equate 18 goals to equal 210 points. I equate 6 goals to equal 70 points if the women in hockey average 6 goals per game. A women's basketball team averages 70 points.
    Thomas smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    The NBA All-Star game attracted 108,000 people.