• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeFeb 15th 2010
    It's been a miserable start for Norway so far. Only one silver medal, and huge disappointments in some of the disciplines we expected more (skating, biathlon, combined cross-country/ski jump). Hoping things will pick up.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    The US didn't do too badly with 6 medals
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    sdtom wrote
    The US didn't do too badly with 6 medals

I believe the US only has 5 medals so far (unless they got a new one in the last hour or so), but that's still very good, of course. I think you'll have many more in the days to come. France is currently in the lead, though, with 2 gold medals (although they only have 3 in total). Norway is currently on an embarrasing 10th place with the single silver medal only. shame
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeFeb 15th 2010 edited
    The US had 6 medals after competition yesterday. 1 gold 2 silver 3 bronze.
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeFeb 18th 2010
    Glad to see the American women do so well in the downhill. 1st and 2nd is well biggrin
    Thomas
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeFeb 18th 2010 edited
    sdtom wrote
    Glad to see the American women do so well in the downhill. 1st and 2nd is well biggrin
    Thomas

Indeed. Lindsay Vonn has been the queen of alpine skiing this season. Good-lookin' too!

Norway took its first gold yesterday, but it's still been an abysmal Olympics for us so far.
    I am extremely serious.
  1. Anybody knows how is Anje Persson doing after her fall?
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    PawelStroinski wrote
    Anybody knows how is Anje Persson doing after her fall?

I think she's doing pretty well, which is good considering how spectacular the fall looked.

But I guess we won't know for sure untill or if we see her on the start line in the next race.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Very proud of the USA so far.
    Thomas smile
  2. I am very proud of the Silver Poland got yesterday on cross country sprint.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    sdtom wrote
    Very proud of the USA so far.
    Thomas smile

As you should be, with a whopping 14 medals, 5 of which are golden!
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    PawelStroinski wrote
    I am very proud of the Silver Poland got yesterday on cross country sprint.

Yeah, Kowalzyk is incredibly strong, especially in classical style, and I'm sure we'll hear more from her in the remaining events.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    I'm really wondering how good the men are in hockey. Best team in the world in 2010. I doubt that the USA team has much of a chance.
    Tom sad
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    sdtom wrote
    I'm really wondering how good the men are in hockey. Best team in the world in 2010. I doubt that the USA team has much of a chance.
    Tom sad

Yeah, Canada seems like superheroes right now.

By the way, 2 golds and 1 silver for Norway today! It's getting tolerable...
    I am extremely serious.
  3. Seventh place in biathlon for our medal hope Tomasz Sikora. Not a good year for him, though the women did REALLY well with 3 of them in first 15 and two in the first ten. We have hopes for the future, I think.

I feel sorry for Lindsay Vonn for her fall during slalom in the supercombination, though happy for the third place for Anja Persson after her atrocious accident yesterday!
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeFeb 19th 2010 edited
    sdtom wrote
    Tom sad

USA are the dark horse team. They might not have a superstar line up but they are youthful and could gel quicker than any other team. The US goaltending is arguable the best in the tournament. If Ryan Miller stand on his head for the entire tournament the US will be successful. However, I worry about their defense. They are not as big or as skilled as let's say the Canadians or the Swedes. That's why goaltending is so important to the US.

The Russians are an offensive powerhouse but they too are weak in the defense but incredibly skilled in net. But super power forward Alexander Ovechkin could single-handedly win a game for you.

The Swedes have a great balance of offensive fire power, defensive prowess and probably the best goaltender in the NHL; Lundqvist

As for Canada... it's tough to find any weaknesses. One line contains three of the strongest, most skilled forwards in the game; Iginla, Nash and Crosby. The second line is the San Jose Sharks top line; Thornton, Heatley and Morleau. That line alone is the reason the Sharks are favoured to win the Cup this year. The rest of the roster include all top line players. Canada's defense is strong, big and intimidating. The goaltending features three of the best backstops in the league including Martin Broduer who in the past two years broke the most wins record and most shutouts record in the NHL. Two records that most thought would never had been broken.

I wouldn't be surprised to see The Swedes, Canada, Russia and the USA in the semi's.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeFeb 19th 2010
    I'm sure this is an excellent analysis
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Erik, what happened to the Canadian team against the Swiss????
    • CommentAuthorTintin
    Canada won but boy oh boy, I was worried they wouldn't make it. Thank you Sydney Crosby! Fiou.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    The Swiss are a fast team with and NHL caliber goalie. Hiller is the Ducks number one goalie who stole the number one spot away from Calder Trophy winner and Stanley Cup Champion, J.S. Giguere, who is now a member of the Maple Leafs. In this type of tournament a hot goalie on a shitty team can steal a win. Hiller did exactly that. Canada out shot the Swiss 2:1. Hiller was the difference. Now, I don't want to discredit the Swiss offense here because that first goal was a scorcher but the last one was a lucky bounce.

Anyway, I think this is the shake up game the Canadians needed going into the final game of the round robin against the US on Sunday. Hey, look on the bright side... at least we won the game... can't say the same about the Russian's who lost to Slovakia.

I also want Mike Babcock to stop farting around with the lines. Leave Crosby, Nash and Iginla alone and leave the San Jose line alone. Sure, the Crosby line didn't have their best game but they only have a limited time to gel and screwing around with the lines is going to destroy any sort of chemistry they might have had.

Bring on the Americans!

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Getting better every day. Two more gold medals for Norway today (Aksel Lund Svindal in the Super G and Marit Bjørgen taking her second gold in cross country)!!

Now we're only one gold behind super-nation USA (although they obviously have far more medals combined).
    I am extremely serious.
  4. I am both happy for Kowalczyk getting the bronze and sad for Steira. SEVENTH fourth place in the Olympics??
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeFeb 20th 2010
    PawelStroinski wrote
    I am both happy for Kowalczyk getting the bronze and sad for Steira. SEVENTH fourth place in the Olympics??

Yeah, it sucks. What makes it even worse is that immediately after she crossed the finish line, she was listed as being the bronze winner. Imagine the disappointment when she was told just minutes later that it was another fourth. sad
    I am extremely serious.
  5. Kowalczyk went through a scare after she was almost disqualified for using the freestyle run before she changed skis. After a meeting with the officials, she got the medal. That's why she cried during the small ceremony in Whistler Park.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Hopefully the beating won't be too bad on Sunday. I fear all the guns will be blazing for the Canadians on Sunday. Good luck to the US
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Hiller was a damn good goalie!!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Who shall I vote for? Tom or Erik? shocked
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Erik. His team is far superior. We'd have to play a game of the decade
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Britain finally won a gold, a bit surprising as we usually don't turn up for work at the sight of snow.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Timmer wrote
    Britain finally won a gold, a bit surprising as we usually don't turn up for work at the sight of snow.

Really? What discipline?
    I am extremely serious.