• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeFeb 20th 2010
    Amy Williams in the Womens Skeleton.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    I'm impressed with the Norwegian skier after learning he won the gold with a single lung smile
    Thomas
    listen to more classical music!
  1. Timmer wrote
    Britain finally won a gold, a bit surprising as we usually don't turn up for work at the sight of snow.

Maybe in times like that we should discard out motor vehicles and resort to the reliable tea tray?

I may put on in my "emergency kit" for the car...

I was "lucky" enough to see the win live on TV! All those tight outfits... dizzy
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    FalkirkBairn wrote

I was "lucky" enough to see the win live on TV! All those tight outfits... dizzy

ALAN! shocked

My man. cool
  2. Steven wrote
    FalkirkBairn wrote

ALAN! shocked

My man. cool

Back-atcha!

It's better than the 10-minute freeview on Television X - whatever that is!? wink
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Never heard of it? Does it feature Superheroes?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeFeb 21st 2010
    Hey, what do you Dutch guys think about Mark Tuiter's win on the 1500 meter? From what I understand, it's your first win on that distance since Ard Schenk in 1972. Impressive to beat American favourites Chad Henrick and Shani Davis too. You really are a skating superpower.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeFeb 21st 2010
    I'm looking forward to the hockey tonight. An ESPN analyst, a former coach who I don't agree with, called this game bigger than the Stanley Cup Finals confused From what I understand a win or loss isn't the end of the world. He also said that the USA has little chance to win unless the Canada coach starts changing the lines.
    Thomas
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeFeb 22nd 2010
    As you said Erik a hot goalie made the difference. You have to be disappointed in your team.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    I was just listening to ESPN about the importance of having the #1 seed.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    sdtom wrote
    As you said Erik a hot goalie made the difference. You have to be disappointed in your team.

I'm not disappointed in my team whatsoever. They ran into a hot goalie. Canada DOMINATED but Ryan Miller stood on his head and stole the game. However, Marty Brodeur didn't have his best game. Look, all this means is we play one more extra game. I predict a rematch in the Gold Medal game Sunday!

PS - Berry Melrose is a douche! A round robin game bigger than the Stanley Cup?! Yeah, that's why he isn't coaching in the NHL anymore.
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    sdtom wrote
    I was just listening to ESPN about the importance of having the #1 seed.

Tell Sweden and the US that in 2002. Canada wasn't the number one seed going into the elimination round in Salt Lake.

And I know this isn't the NHL BUT think about this stat. Since 1920 only 39 number one seed teams in the NHL (President Trophy Winners) have gone on to win the Stanley Cup.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    If we're lucky enough to get that far!!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeFeb 23rd 2010
    Melrose is a detriment to ESPN. Women Gold Medal game should be good tonight
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    sdtom wrote
    Melrose is a detriment to ESPN. Women Gold Medal game should be good tonight

You mean Thursday!

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    I do!!!!
    Melrose is still a detriment to hockey. Blah
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    sdtom wrote
    Melrose is still a detriment to hockey. Blah

Agreed!

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    How are the ears doing?
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    sdtom wrote
    How are the ears doing?

Still plugged. sad

-Erik-
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Try 'Khan's Pets'? wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeFeb 23rd 2010 edited
    Very disappointed by Kowalzyk's statements today, that Bjørgen wouldn't have won her two golds if she hadn't used her asthma medicine?!? What the fuck?!?

Smells like "sore loser" from here to Poland!
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Erik Woods wrote
    sdtom wrote
    How are the ears doing?

Still plugged. sad

-Erik-

There are a lot of drugs available just as effective if not more so that aren't penicillin.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeFeb 24th 2010
    Damnit!! Silver on the 4x10 cross-country relay, perhaps the "most important" event to win this year. Even worse, "arch nemesis" and neighbouring country Sweden won!

Sigh, this is so symptomatic for Norway in these games.

crazy
    I am extremely serious.
  3. Thinking ahead to the 2012 Olympics in London, "...according to 2,057 adults questioned by the Association of British Orchestras (ABO), 14% favoured a pop song and 48% believed any 2012 theme should be played by a British orchestra..." And a British artist/composer?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/olympic … 534753.stm
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeFeb 25th 2010
    Time to bring John Barry out of retirement then.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Timmer wrote
    Time to bring John Barry out of retirement then.

Time to bring back the Elgar Pomp and Circumstance smile
    Thomas
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Related tags: Alpine Skiing, Lindsey Vonn, Julia Mancuso, United States, All tagsAll tagsAlpine Skiing Lindsey Vonn Julia Mancuso United States Posted: Feb 24, 3:48p ET | Updated: Feb 24, 6:37p ET Like this article ShareLiveFacebookTwitterDiggDeliciousFarkMixxRedditNewsvineStumbleUponVonn hurt by Mancuso jibe over popularity VANCOUVER (Reuters) - Downhill gold medalist Lindsey Vonn said she has been hurt by comments from teammate and rival Julia Mancuso that the U.S. team is being harmed by a "popularity contest."

The rivalry between the two American skiers has been bubbling under the surface throughout the Games but went public on Wednesday.

Mancuso, who has won two silvers at Whistler, was quoted by Sports Illustrated's website as saying: "It's such a popularity contest. Our team is struggling, as a group.

"People are having a hard time reaching their potential because it's such a struggle for attention. You come to meetings after races and it's like it's a bad day if Lindsey didn't do well."

In response, on Tuesday Vonn, who also took bronze in super G, said she fully backed Mancuso as a teammate.

I'm an American and this is annoying me. I can just imagine Erik.
    Thomas smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Yesterday, ace Indian cricketer Sachin Tendulkar became the first batsman in the world to score 200 unbeaten runs in an ODI, against South Africa. Legend! cool bhangra
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Hey, it's been pretty silent from the Dutch crowd in this thread, even though skating is your national sport. What is your take on the Sven Kramer fiasco on the 10.000 meter, where he actually was disqualified for taking the wrong track? He would have won easily if he hadn't done that, allegedely the coach's fault.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Thor wrote
    Hey, it's been pretty silent from the Dutch crowd in this thread, even though skating is your national sport. What is your take on the Sven Kramer fiasco on the 10.000 meter, where he actually was disqualified for taking the wrong track? He would have won easily if he hadn't done that, allegedely the coach's fault.

It was his coaches fault! The coach told him to go on the inside turn when he was suppose to go on the outside. Big brain fart at the wrong time!

-Erik-