• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. Caliburn wrote
    The Netherlands are out as well.

Ohne Holland fahr'n wir zur WM, ohne Holland fahr'n wir zur WM! fireworks

Running away to hide in some hole... wink
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    •  
      CommentAuthorCaliburn
    • CommentTimeOct 20th 2017
    I do not care at ALL :D
  2. Excited to have been able to sign up to watch the coming MLB baseball season on TV - assuming that there's no strike!

It's been years since I've had the chance to watch any live baseball but technology has moved on and now it's an affordable option to catch as many games as I want.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeFeb 8th 2018 edited
    A Brit interested in baseball? What has the world come to? smile

The big sporting event for me and most Norwegians now is the winter Olympics, which starts tomorrow.

Alas, there are two drawbacks: First, the fact that it's in South Korea, which means that the time difference is prohibitive (many events are shown during the night or early in the morning over here), and second that Discovery has bought the TV rights untill 2024. This means crappy commentators, constant commercial breaks and no option to play reruns later in the day without paying lots of money or signing up for services I have no interest in. Allegedly, they paid 1.3 BILLION Euro for the rights, which obviously made it impossible for our public broadcaster NRK.

So not sure how much I'll be able to see.
    I am extremely serious.
  3. There's some of the sports in the Winter Olympics that I am looking forward to: most of the skiing, ski jumping, ice hockey and snowboarding (especially snowboarding cross).
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  4. Yeah, winter sports are a little hit or miss with me. The ones Alan listed I generally enjoy watching, although not to the point of actually fitting it into my schedule (more to have on in the background on a lazy morning). But stuff like bobsled, curling, skeleton, speed skating doesn't do much for me.

Has the World Cup started yet?
  5. I'm generally not that interested in sports and I have big issues with the gragantuaism of the IOC and FIFA, catering to authoritarian leaders, sports facilities rotting away, substance misuse and things.
    But I'm glad for everyone having fun with the Olypics.

Volker
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeFeb 10th 2018
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Excited to have been able to sign up to watch the coming MLB baseball season on TV - assuming that there's no strike!

It's been years since I've had the chance to watch any live baseball but technology has moved on and now it's an affordable option to catch as many games as I want.

I'm signing up too!!! My twins star pitcher is out until May, an operation on his finger. We're short on pitching to begin with and this will make it tougher. Sano our third baseman is under an attempted rape of one of the twins photographers, yuk. I think Cleveland will win the division again.
    Tom
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeFeb 14th 2018
    I helped put together the first issue of snowboarding magazine in the 80's. We kind of laughed at the time, little did we know. It was started by the editor/owner of skateboarding magazine.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeFeb 15th 2018
    Canada did it again to the US sad in hockey but Thor should be happy about the Norwegian skiers smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeFeb 15th 2018 edited
    sdtom wrote
    Canada did it again to the US sad in hockey but Thor should be happy about the Norwegian skiers smile

I am. We've had a record day today, with three gold medals and various other medals.

Still, even if we have the MOST medals, we're still TWO gold medals behind Germany. The Germans have been -- and probably will be -- insanely difficult to beat in the overall medal stats.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeFeb 17th 2018
    As of today they're first!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeFeb 22nd 2018
    35 medals for Norway!!!
    USA beat Canada for Gold in hockey!
  6. That hockey game was so intense!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeFeb 22nd 2018
    sdtom wrote
    35 medals for Norway!!!
    USA beat Canada for Gold in hockey!

Yeah, but now Germany and Norway are tied at 13 golds (even though we have a lot more medals). And ultimately, it's the golds that decide the ranking, not the amount. And I fear Germany in a great many more events. If I were a betting man, I'd put my money on our German friends -- although I hope for my own country, of course.
    I am extremely serious.
  7. Happy to be watching a bit of MLB Spring Training - Red Sox against the Huskies. Gives me a chance to get reacquainted with the game before the season starts.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeFeb 23rd 2018
    I'm listening to the Twins against the Minnesota Gophers. 7th inning 1-1. Any questions you have fire them at me
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    I can't believe the incident with the silver medal by the Canadian, yikes
    •  
      CommentAuthorFalkirkBairn
    • CommentTimeFeb 23rd 2018 edited
    sdtom wrote
    I'm listening to the Twins against the Minnesota Gophers. 7th inning 1-1. Any questions you have fire them at me

Watching this at the moment. The Twins are making it a lot more difficult for themselves trying to get the win compared with what the Red Sox did earlier. Although the win isn't important in these games.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    We have to remember that none of these players will make the 40 man roster.All will be released or sent to AA or AAA.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    do you understand about the 40 man roster Alan?
  8. sdtom wrote
    do you understand about the 40 man roster Alan?

Hi Tom, yes I understand most of the ins and outs of baseball. Maybe a bit unclear on some of the really weird rules and regulations but day to day I am fine.

The hardest thing at the moment is getting to know all the new players. All the names I recognise are either hall of famers or are coaching staff!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    just ask me. Listening to the Twins and Red Sox. 0-0 bottom of the third.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeFeb 24th 2018
    Red Sox 4 Twins 3 in front of 9000+ fans.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Germany eliminates Canada, yikes
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    sdtom wrote

If this was best on best Germany would never have made it this far. The Men's Olympic hockey tournament this year is a joke!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    It was a joke which is why I said what I did. smile
  9. I'm very pleased anyway... shame
  10. Erik Woods wrote
    sdtom wrote

If this was best on best Germany would never have made it this far. The Men's Olympic hockey tournament this year is a joke!

-Erik-

At least one quite recent NHL player did play in Germany. I mean, one name I did recognize as a recent former player.

Are you aware of any players who left NHL just to be available for the Olympics?
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeFeb 25th 2018
    PawelStroinski wrote
    Are you aware of any players who left NHL just to be available for the Olympics?

Nope. They weren't allowed to do that without STIFF penalties. If you are under contract with an NHL club you couldn't op out to play in South Korea.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!