• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeFeb 25th 2018
    More rules. The next Olympics will be fun for hockey!!
    listen to more classical music!
  1. Not in terms of leaving the league in the season, but for example taking a season off to play in Europe. Two or three years ago German Christian Ehrhoff was a Penguins player.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Russia defeated Germany 4-3 for the gold for others who might be interested
  2. Yes. A sudden death / golden goal during the extra time. I dind't see the match, only some news coverage. Overall Germany comes in second after Norway. That's nice. smile

Volker
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Germany and Norway shined in this Olympics.
  3. The Russians shouldn't have been at this Olympics. A ban should have meant a ban.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  4. Especially considering two of the "independent" athletes went on to get caught doping anyway. dizzy
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeFeb 26th 2018
    agree Alan.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeFeb 27th 2018
    The Twins picked up Logan Morrison from Tampa Bay. He had 38 homeruns last year but this was his first good year so we'll see if he can repeat his performance.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeMar 2nd 2018
    The Twins are 3-3-3 so far.
    I'm impressed with John Littel so far, a potential bullpen hurler.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeMar 11th 2018
    In soccer what are yellow cards?
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMar 11th 2018
    sdtom wrote
    In soccer what are yellow cards?

Warnings for fouls. If you get one more, it becomes red, and you're expelled from the field.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeMar 12th 2018
    smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    I listened to our local team Minnesota United who beat Orlando City 2-1. Lots of fouls but no red cards
  5. Red cards are pretty rare. It has to be a serious infraction (and is usually followed up by a ban for the player for at least one more game). It's not like, say, hockey penalties that happen multiple times per game.
  6. Though, to be fair, in hockey match penalties are also extremely rare. Just like that idiot on the Canadian team during the Olympics who literally rammed a German player (who wasn't in possession of the puck at that time) out of frustration.

That'd be the equivalent of a red card in hockey.
  7. I mean the kind of penalty where a player gets taken off for like five minutes and the other team gets a power play. That happens multiple times a game, doesn't it? (Sorry, I know very little about hockey!)
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeMar 12th 2018 edited
    Edmund Meinerts wrote
    I mean the kind of penalty where a player gets taken off for like five minutes and the other team gets a power play. That happens multiple times a game, doesn't it? (Sorry, I know very little about hockey!)

No... 5 minutes majors (which result in automatic game misconducts) are rare. There are 5-minute penalties for fighting but that rarely leads to game misconducts. Usually, the combatants sit off for 5 minutes and then return to the game.

Most penalties in the game are minor infractions which last 2 minutes. You can get 4 minutes for a high stick which draws blood. And you can get 5 minutes and a game misconduct for attempt to injure. Again, very rare.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  8. Ah, OK, so to my soccer-focused mind it would seem that the 2-minute penalty is like a yellow card and the 5-minute one like a red card. Vaguely. Basically. tongue
  9. A major is an automatic misconduct? I thought only match penalties are. There are 10 minute misconducts as well.

Erik, have you seen the semifinal match penalty I mentioned above?
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Does the player who commits the infraction have to leave the game for a period of time or is he just warned confused
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    PawelStroinski wrote
    A major is an automatic misconduct? I thought only match penalties are. There are 10 minute misconducts as well.

Erik, have you seen the semifinal match penalty I mentioned above?

10 minute penalties are for unsportmanlike penalties.

5-minute individual major penalties are followed by a game misconduct. Hits to the head, knee on knee hits. Hitting from behind. Anything means to intentionally injure.

Yes, I saw the game. That was a dirty hit. Shit like that gets 5 and a game.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    sdtom wrote
    Does the player who commits the infraction have to leave the game for a period of time or is he just warned confused

In soccer yellow cards are warnings and red cards are ejections.

In hockey, all penalties have a -time-to-be-served-in-the-penalty-box attached to them.

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    thanks Erik
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeMar 14th 2018
    More Norwegian domination in the World Cup.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeMar 18th 2018
    The basketball tournament produced it's greatest upset. A #16 seed beating a #1. Never happened before.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeMar 20th 2018
    Boston and New York will play in London next year. Baseball
  10. Ouch Tom. Grand Slam for Pittsburgh against the Twins. Lynn just needs to get out of this inning now!
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeApr 2nd 2018
    sad sad sad

we lost 5-4
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeApr 4th 2018
    Our season opens at home tomorrow with 12" of snow on the ground and a temp of 30, yikes.