• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJul 2nd 2018
    Yeah, pretty amazing. I was confident Belgium was out early in the second half.
    I am extremely serious.
  1. That was an incredible game, at least the second half. Great play by both sides. Also a refreshing lack of playacting and exaggeration, in stark contrast to the Neymar gala we were "treated" to earlier this afternoon... slant

Can't we keep Japan in it instead of Russia?
  2. Well done to Japan for continuing to play open football and not just retreating into their half and protecting their lead. It made for a much more enjoyable game.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    • CommentTimeJul 11th 2018
    Well, the dream's over for England. Let's get back to normal now please.
  3. A good run from England, far exceeded expectations. Gareth Southgate has put together a solid, young squad and I'm sure we haven't heard the last of them.
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    • CommentTimeJul 12th 2018 edited
    No doubt. But as someone who doesn't normally follow the football, I'm glad the national frenzy will die down a bit - no matter how infectious I admit it has been.

Having said that, as I happen to currently work in a bar that does not televise sports, I will miss the downtime we enjoy whenever a game is on.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeJul 12th 2018
    Speaking as an English non-football fan, the schadenfreude is palpable. The misery of football fans pleases me no end.
  4. FalkirkBairn wrote
    Well done to Japan for continuing to play open football and not just retreating into their half and protecting their lead. It made for a much more enjoyable game.

yeah, we saw the difference against France. What a shite team and attitude. Okay Belgium was not good enough. We missed something ... special. But the attitude and play of France was meant for only one thing. The Final and every lowlife thing was accepted. Irritated the hell out of me. But again, Belgium was just not good enough to beat them.

Well, I just hope the little finale between Belgium and England will be a football feast. No pressure anymore just have fun and play to win.
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeAug 6th 2021
    Has anyone been following the Olympics in Tokyo?

Alas, it's mostly on a pay channel over here, so I've seen minimal (plus the time difference). But I was flabbergasted by the 400 meter hurdles, in which our own Karsten Warholm set a new world record with 45.94 -- the first-ever under 46 seconds.
    I am extremely serious.
  5. The Olympics are always amazing. I haven't actually sat down to watch a whole bunch of the events, but I've caught several. I missed the 400 meter hurdles, though. Too bad. I love seeing world records fall. It's amazing to watch someone do something that's never been done before.
  6. Pay-per-view via Discovery+ has ruined coverage of this Olympics. The BBC's coverage is pretty sparse.

What I don't like also is the BBC's focus on GB&NI's gold medal quest at the exclusion of everything else and spending too much time in the studio talking about things rather than showing the competitions.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  7. I haven't watched any of it live. Just the highlights on my feed via Youtube.