• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    • CommentTimeJun 9th 2009 edited
    Hi Everybody,

How many of you guys are interested in watching Cricket? I am very eager to know about this one. Yesterday, the moment i saw the Australia lost to Srilanka, i was little bit shocked. Australia has been knocked out of the tournament. It may be good news for other teams but it is great loss for world cup. Of course, people from Newzealand, South Africa, Srilanka, West Indies, especially from India would have celebrated. Honestly speaking, Australia is one of my favorite cricket team in the world. But for the past few months, their performance seems to be very mediocre, so, i knew this would certainly happen. However, right now tournament move towards very interesting note that from now on its very difficult to predict that who is going to lift the cup. I personally think India or West Indies or South Africa have great chance to win this world cup.

So, guys, if you are interested in Cricket you can share your views, opinions and thoughts on T20 World Cup.

Have a nice day!
    Racism, Prejudices and discrimination exists everywhere.
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    • CommentTimeJun 9th 2009
    I'd be very interested in leaning about Cricket. In websites or anything that I may be able to watch games on?

It isn't too prominent over here in the states. sad
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    I know very well that in USA people like to watch American soccer, Rugby, mainly Baseball. Yes, Baseball is a favorite sport for USA. But at present, USA showing some interest in game of Cricket. That's the reason USA is preparing a team which has chance to play in 2011 World Cup.

If you are from USA, you should have known this information. Did you?
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    Sunil wrote
    I know very well that in USA people like to watch American soccer, Rugby, mainly Baseball. Yes, Baseball is a favorite sport for USA. But at present, USA showing some interest in game of Cricket. That's the reason USA is preparing a team which has chance to play in 2011 World Cup.

If you are from USA, you should have known this information. Did you?

What? haha
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    Who are you talking to?

Majority of Americans watch American Football, Baseball, Basketball, and Golf.
    Soccer is a sport slowly rising in popularity. Rugby is not very popular over here.
    Currently American Football is the favorite sport of the USA.
    Mine is still Baseball though.
    Cricket, however, is practically non-existent.

We may have a team, but they aren't getting very much coverage.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    omaha wrote

And for a good reason biggrin
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    That i know, majority of Americans doesn't know anything about Cricket. In fact, they don't watch cricket even though if there is live telecast on TV. But International Cricket Council is attempting to spread the popularity of Cricket in USA. Do you know that? angry
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    Christodoulides wrote
    omaha wrote

And for a good reason biggrin

biggrin very good.

I'm just saying that it is a sport over here that nobody really plays.
    Little League for Cricket and Rugby don't really exist over here. Maybe in certain parts of states they do. :shrug:
    I believe Rugby may be popular in areas with a high percentage of Irish heritage.
    Until recently, paraphrasing the great Robin Williams, soccer was viewed as a sport for handicapped and strange people. haha
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    • CommentTimeJun 9th 2009 edited
    Sunil wrote
    That i know, majority of Americans doesn't know anything about Cricket. In fact, they don't watch cricket even though if there is live telecast on TV. But International Cricket Council is attempting to spread the popularity of Cricket in USA. Do you know that? angry

I suppose that live telecast depends on whether or not one has direct tv. Haha, I don't got it.
    "Do you know that?" kidding. angry

Plus, Americans generally don't want to watch a sport where we have little standing. Other words, a sport we suck at. wink

Are you a part of the International Cricket Council? :smirk:
    It's a joke. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    Do they play Lacrosse over there?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil

Are you a part of the International Cricket Council? :smirk:
    It's a joke. wink

I know its a joke. In case, if i am part of the ICC, i would have become richest person in the world. Do you know how many millions they earn per year? That's mainly because of INDIA. Because in India, there are millions of die hard cricket fans, so, many business companies from around the world would like to invest in Indian Cricket to make profit out of it. You should know another thing that BCCI ( Board of Control Cricket India) is the richest Cricket board in the world. Without India, ICC cannot earn that millions of money. This is true, not a joke. smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    The embarrassment of England being beaten by the Netherlands has quickly been erased by the joy of Australia getting knocked out.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    Tell me, what is Lacrosse? Is it a game?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    Southall wrote
    The embarrassment of England being beaten by the Netherlands has quickly been erased by the joy of Australia getting knocked out.

Australia got knocked out because of their own mere arrogance and over confidence. Their first mistake was sending Symonds back home. I was very upset and angry with the selection committee. They actually deserve to be knocked out of the tournament. Its time for Ricky Ponting to resign from the post of Captaincy. This time also he proved his inefficiency. If this continues, then Australia have no chance of winning the forthcoming huge world cup in 2011.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    Hi Southall,

Tell me, do British people hate Australia, especially in Cricket? I know that Ashes series is really big thing than world cup. Do you actually think that England have good chance to beat Australia this time?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    We certainly don't hate Australia - but we do like to beat them at sport (which doesn't happen often). I don't expect us to win the Ashes. While Australia are not the side they used to be, England are very inconsistent and I'm sure the Aussies will find enough in the games that REALLY matter to them.
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    Sunil wrote
    Tell me, what is Lacrosse? Is it a game?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lacrosse

It is an interesting sport played in America. It originated from a Native American game that was often used to settle disputes instead of battles.

Thank you for the info about India.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    You are always welcome! biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    MORE INFO ON LACROSSE explaining how Canada's National Lacrosse Association was the first governing body of the sport in North America who shaped the professional game that we know now. Interesting to note that we all in Canada consider hockey to be our national sport but in 1859 Parliament declared Lacrosse to be Canada's official national sport.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    Erik Woods wrote
    MORE INFO ON LACROSSE explaining how Canada's National Lacrosse Association was the first governing body of the sport in North America who shaped the professional game that we know now. Interesting to note that we all in Canada consider hockey to be our national sport but in 1859 Parliament declared Lacrosse to be Canada's official national sport.

-Erik-

That is very interesting
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Southall wrote
    The embarrassment of England being beaten by the Netherlands

If it's any consolation: nobody over here cared.

(We have a national cricket team? confused )
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Erik Woods wrote
    Interesting to note that we all in Canada consider hockey to be our national sport but in 1859 Parliament declared Lacrosse to be Canada's official national sport.

Ah! biggrin
    Topdown sentiment management.
    Reminds me of the American court declaring tomatoes a vegetable rather than a fruit.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Martijn wrote
    Southall wrote

Sadly, my Indian friend cared, and so did various Australians who were beaming all over the sports news channel, until of course they were knocked out themselves. Ha.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Southall wrote
    Martijn wrote
    Southall wrote

Sadly, my Indian friend cared, and so did various Australians who were beaming all over the sports news channel, until of course they were knocked out themselves. Ha.

Cricket doesn't interest me ( and I live around the corner from Gloucestershire County Cricket Ground ) but in India it seems almost like a religion, I could hardly travel on public transport there without being bombarded by cricket conversation of which I knew nothing.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Well, basically, apart football (which Americans like to call "soccer") and Basketball, everything else is ZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzz to me. smile
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    Well, basically, apart football (which Americans like to call "soccer") and Basketball, everything else is ZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzz to me. smile

I love Boxing and Snooker....and that's about it!
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Sorry, cricket is practically non-existant in Norway, but I would think Americans would be interested in it, seeing as it has quite a few things in common with baseball(?).

However, I loved LAGAAN, which is basically a four-hour fiction film about cricket! But of course, it has many other cool aspects too.

Various forms of skiing is the national sport in Norway (especially cross-country).
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Timmer wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

...I only love football when it's Euro or World cup though I'll happily rejoice in any loss by Manchester Utd biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Timmer wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

...I only love football when it's Euro or World cup though I'll happily rejoice in any loss by Manchester Utd biggrin

Football during the big worldwide or pan-european organizations is UNBEATABLE!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Timmer wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

I'm going to Wembley tomorrow to see England play - my first time life. Really looking forward to it - though it will be a nightmare to get there since the Underground is on strike.