• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    • CommentTimeJun 11th 2009
    Hi Guys & Gals,

Apart from film scores, what other music do you listen?

Myself, i spend time in listening to Pop, Rock, Classical and Indian Film songs. I like Michael Jackson, Ronan Keating, Bryan Adams, Madonna, Boyzone, Michael Learns to Rock, Enya, Backstreet boys etc in Pop and Rock category. In classical, i like Bach, Mozart, Beethoven, Tchaikovsky, Brahmns, Greig, Stravinsky and more. In Indian film songs, i like A.R.Rahman, Laxmikanth Pyarelal and Maestro Ilayaraja.

What about you, guys? smile
    Racism, Prejudices and discrimination exists everywhere.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Deja vu all over again... dizzy

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJun 11th 2009 edited
    I too FRIGGIN ADORE Boyzone and Backstreet boys! But my favorites are by FAR the JONAS BROTHERS!
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Erik Woods wrote

-Erik-

Indeed. biggrin

You'll rarely find me listening to anything other than film scores. I tried unsuccessfully to acquaint myself to other genres of music but none have captured my interest and emotion like film music. There are a few classical orchestral albums I listen to (like Holst's Planets) and a few songs from here and there but otherwise 99% of the time I listen to scores only.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    Erik Woods wrote

-Erik-

Why, Erik? is there any similar thread on this forum? If it is there, i apologize. cry
    Racism, Prejudices and discrimination exists everywhere.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Sunil wrote
    Erik Woods wrote

-Erik-

Why, Erik? is there any similar thread on this forum? If it is there, i apologize. cry

Done to death on other boards that we have all visited. But hey if people want to contribute who am I to stop them. However, there are other threads on this board like THIS ONE where you will find people listening to anything other than film music.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    But we don't have a thread about Jonas Brothers.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Christodoulides wrote

You're right... I did a search for douche bags and nothing came up!

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    lol
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    but.....but..........but.............i love them! cry
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Christodoulides wrote
    I too FRIGGIN ADORE Boyzone and Backstreet boys! But my favorites are by FAR the JONAS BROTHERS!

biggrin biggrin applause

AMON TOBIN! AMON TOBIN!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote

YOU DA MAN!!! kiss beer

I burnt my entire CD collection this morning to make way for works by REAL genius's like all those you mention but I must admit I'm extremely angry at you Demetris because you didn't mention the godly geniuses that tower above all of them..........WESTLIFE.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    Erik Woods wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

You're right... I did a search for douche bags and nothing came up!

-Erik-

lol
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    Sunil wrote
    Apart from film scores, what other music do you listen?

Classical music, 60s music, jazz, etc. smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Timmer wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

YOU DA MAN!!! kiss beer

I burnt my entire CD collection this morning to make way for works by REAL genius's like all those you mention but I must admit I'm extremely angry at you Demetris because you didn't mention the godly geniuses that tower above all of them..........WESTLIFE.

Well, they are a little gay you know; that's why i don't like them. I like my idols being a bit more masculine, like the ones i mentioned.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Ahem. I guess once again the greatest creative musical force in the Universe is being willfully ignored?
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    Ahem. I guess once again the greatest creative musical force in the Universe is being willfully ignored?

That's the best music you've ever heard that is.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  1. all kinds of music, but then more songs than specific CD's

or it has to be Nightwish punk
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    The "Now Playing: Non-Film Music" thread referenced above touches on what music we listen to outside film music, but I believe we also had a thread like this awhile back.

I listen to a lot of different stuff, and it's easier to list what I DO NOT like. I'm just a passionate music lover. A few examples: classical music (romantic, impressionist, baroque, medieval/gregorian, church music, pastoral, avantgarde, etc. - even some opera!), jazz (big band jazz, symphonic jazz, acid jazz), electronic music (synth-pop, experimental 70's stuff, psytrance, goa, house etc.), hip hop (early 80's stuff!), 70's prog, 80's prog-pop, surf music, disco (esp. dub), post-rock, goth metal, rock'n'roll, blues, new wave, musicals (mostly contemporary stuff), folk, "world music" etcetera etcetera.

Some of my absolute favourite artists outside film music (of which I have more than 5 albums) include Pink Floyd, Supertramp, Alan Parsons (Project), Jean Michel Jarre, Oingo Boingo, Manfred Mann's Earthband, Rammstein, Paul Oakenfold, Juno Reactor (which I've recently "re-discovered").
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    Christodoulides wrote

they are pretty much a ripoff of the Beatles sound.
  2. omaha wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

who are the Jonas Brothers? wink
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    omaha wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

Who are The Beatles?
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    Timmer wrote
    omaha wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

Who are The Beatles?

ha...ha...ha.
  3. On a very rare, rare occassion some select songs. Occassionally some comedy songs, like you'd hear on The Dr. Demento Show.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    justin boggan wrote
    On a very rare, rare occassion some select songs. Occassionally some comedy songs, like you'd hear on The Dr. Demento Show.

Wait... Wait a minute... You mean you don't listen to you're own music all the time; you mean you actually listen to other people's? omg
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Classical
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    sdtom wrote
    Classical

beer punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    omaha wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

You know i am joking about liking the gay vomiting material and ridiculous marketing tip for the pre-teen virgins that is JONAS BROTHERS, right? :jordi:
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    Christodoulides wrote
    omaha wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

You know i am joking about liking the gay vomiting material and ridiculous marketing tip for the pre-teen virgins that is JONAS BROTHERS, right? :jordi:

biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Christodoulides wrote
    omaha wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

We know you are NOT joking; we love you anyway.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you