• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    • CommentTimeJun 11th 2009
    I know very well there is a thread called "williams vs goldsmith", which gave me an idea to start this thread. But this thread is something serious about two different composers. In my life, I have seen so many Zimmer fan boys would bash and attack John Williams' works and his fans. Here, i don't know how many Zimmer fan boys are there. However, it occurred to me that to bring this both genius into one thread, which i thought is quite an exceptional idea. I would like to see all your honest opinion on these both great composers. If you think Williams better than Zimmer or Zimmer better than Williams, Why?

This time its war..........

kill explode fireworks
    Racism, Prejudices and discrimination exists everywhere.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    rolleyes
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Sunil wrote
    I know very well there is a thread called "williams vs goldsmith", which gave me an idea to start this thread.

Clearly you need little inspiration. rolleyes
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    Erik Woods wrote
    rolleyes

kill skull
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Sunil wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    rolleyes

kill skull

Just give it up! It's a useless thread that only leads to more hatred and division among us soundtrack fans.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    Nothing to give it up. I expect wonderful debate from our friends. I don't think this thread is useless, because through this you may have chance to see people come up many information about their beloved composers. I think you can understand my intention. kiss
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Sunil wrote
    Nothing to give it up. I expect wonderful debate from our friends. I don't think this thread is useless, because through this you may have chance to see people come up many information about their beloved composers. I think you can understand my intention. kiss

rolleyes

They are two totally different composers. What's the point of debating it? You know and I know that this type of stuff leads to ugliness. Boring!

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    Now, you got the point, when you discover that these two are totally different composers, then you should have certain points to deliver over here. Of course, i agree its stupid to make comparison between two composers, but you see my idea of posting this thread to unite Williams and Zimmer fans. Zimmer fans should understand and appreciate works of Williams. I attempting to create an wonderful and interesting atmosphere over here. Do you get my idea? smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    Alright, in case, if you feel its useless and waste of time, with my full heart i accept it. But i request you to wait at least for one or two days, to see what others are coming up with their ideas, opinion on this thread. In case, majority of the people feel this thread is boring, i will definitely request Bregt to delete this thread completely. Are you happy, my friend? smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    I like a lot of what Zimmer composed.
    There is some stuff he did I do not like.
    I like a lot of what Williams composed.
    There is some stuff he did I do not like.
    I like music.
    I also like bananas.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    Bravo! applause Good stuff, Martijn! I, too, like bananas. biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    I'm not going to compare them either. Neither is better or worse than the other IMO because they've got two very different and unique approaches of scoring that suits the films they score, and they've both got their pros and cons. I think they're both very good at their scores and therefore they're both among my favourite composers.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    Williams vs Zimmer? How do they combat? Wrestling? Boxing? Fencing? But in any way I don't think it's fair to pit a 77-year-old gentleman against a 51-year-old.
    Labels are for cans, not people. - Anthony Rapp
  1. applause
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    lol
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Erik Woods wrote
    Sunil wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    rolleyes

kill skull

Just give it up! It's a useless thread that only leads to more hatred and division among us soundtrack fans.

-Erik-

I agree. Useless debate.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
  2. Why am I suddenly reminded of a "Gojira vs. Mothra"-like slaughter?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Well, contrary to popular expectation, Mothra (or her offspring) tends to WIN!
    So that's an interesting comparison, Ralph...
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Zimmer shits his pants at the thought of taking on a colossus and doesn't turn up. Williams wins.

THE END.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Closed!
    Kazoo