• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJun 11th 2009
    I will be moving to Minnesota on August 1st for a couple of different reasons.

#1...My foot, the one that was damaged by the stroke is suffering from neuropathy, and I will lose it in as little as a couple of years. Being close to what family I have, my father etc., will help. My former partner of 20 years has recently banned me from the house I use to live in due to a new male friend who seems quite threatened by my presence. I might too if I were 5'10" and weighed 350 pounds. Where I use to get some help there will be none at all so this is a positive decision. I'll be in a handicap friendly place, close to all things I need. I'll no longer have to drive which will be another positive for me.

#2...It will give me a chance to spend some time with my father. I'm in a position to be able to do it so why not take advantage of it.

Thomas
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    Sorry to here that Tom. I am glad you will be able to spend time with your father, and that your keeping your chin up.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Holy crap...what exactly is neuropathy, Tom?

I'm glad these developments are positive ones.
    It certainly sounds as if you could do with a very clear, clean and positive break in mnay ways.

Best of luck with the preparations!!! wave
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    Tom I hope everything will work out for you in the best possible way! You are in our thoughts and in the flow of our positive vibes! smile
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    http://www.ninds.nih.gov/disorders/peri … opathy.htm

This will answer some of the questions.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Tom, keep us posted on your movements. You know that you have my most possitive wishes.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Good to hear you can move in so quickly. I second Martijn, it'll be a welcome change and hopefully distract you a bit from he troubles at the place now.

Are the record companies aware of the address change. You do not want the cd's to arrive somewhere else right. wink

Keep us updated, and god luck. smile
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeJun 11th 2009 edited
    You have my best wishes too. As Bregt said, God luck.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Good luck with everything, Tom!
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Tom, all the best for his hard situation.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  1. Tom, I know it may be difficult but try to concentrate on the second point you mention above. Try and stay positive and value the extra time that you can spend with your family.

I've no idea how extensive your neuropathy but I know that from my experiences with diabetic neuropathy (through my work) good foot care, regular check-ups, etc that monitor and identify any problems at an early stage - i.e. prevention - is best.

Even if you do not have diabetes, local diabetic clinics should have useful literature to help people who suffer from peripheral neuropathy.

All the best, Tom.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  2. All the best, Tom!
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJun 12th 2009
    I'll continue to maintain my website and write. My music is so much a part of my life I'll not let any of it go. And I'll make the manufacturers aware of what is going on. When I get closer to leaving in a few weeks I'll let all of you know. I should only be off line for a few days.
    Thomas
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Good luck, Tom!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    When I look at all the media, yikes!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJun 16th 2009
    I'll be moving in to new place on August 1st thanks to help from my father. It is a much nicer place than what I have now. In some ways it will be a big change after 37 years in San Diego.
    Thomas
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    Steven wrote
    As Bregt said, God luck.

rolleyes biggrin
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    4 days late william.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Never too late
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    sdtom wrote
    Never too late

For humour Tom, yes it is.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJun 17th 2009
    cheesy
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    As I've started to write down all of the things I need to do I just go yikes.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    sdtom wrote
    As I've started to write down all of the things I need to do I just go yikes.

A shame I can't be there to give you a hand Tom....I really would if I could.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJun 27th 2009
    I wish I had the $ to fly all of you out here. I'm not complaining (really) but the energy level is really an issue with me. I've a couple of friends who'll help with the heavy lifting. My Dad and I will decide when he gets here what is going to go back in the car with us. We'll be able to share his Saturn (auto) which will really save me a lot of money. So far there have been no takers on my truck (economy I guess). Not worried about it.
    Thomas
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJul 1st 2009
    A lot of CD's is all I can say.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJul 10th 2009
    In two weeks I'll be in Minnesota.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    What an odd thought. I'll always associate you with San Diego.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Do they have banjos there, Tom? smile
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    I'll still be sdtom. And for the time being I'll still retain my residency status in California.
    Thomas
    •  
      CommentAuthorManwe
    • CommentTimeJul 11th 2009
    Tom, I had not heard about any of this - I am feeling a bit bad for being so poor at keeping in touch lately... I hope that it will all work out to the best for you, which I am sure it will.

Best of luck to you and we'll talk more later.
    - What matters is the music -