• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. Yeah, was the package insured>
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeAug 6th 2009
    BhelPuri wrote

What exactly did the comp. repair folks find? Did they open the system? It might not be a broken part. Something might have gotten detached, in which case a simple reattachment will suffice.

It was repairable and it is up and working. It turned out to be one of those things that looked a lot worse than it was. Believe me I'm very happy.
    Thomas cheesy
    listen to more classical music!
  2. Very good, still if the package was insured you could apply for some kind of a refund.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeAug 8th 2009
    The printer for my computer arrived broken. UPS will pay me $100.00 at least. In the meantime my Dad, god bless him, has a printer and all I have to do is buy two ink cartridges for it. Off I go to my Walmart close by the apartment. It turns out they have a Canon printer on sale for $29.95 which is $17.00 less than the two cartridges I would need for the Lexmark. It also scans.
    Thomas
  3. Yeah, that's the irony of today, getting a printer is cheaper than cartridges for it. I find it weird.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    PawelStroinski wrote
    Yeah, that's the irony of today, getting a printer is cheaper than cartridges for it. I find it weird.

It was on sale, likely discontinued from the manufacturer with a new model on the way but if you remember I went through a similar situation awhile ago with a phone battery. It was cheaper to buy a phone with battery than to buy a replacement battery. Go figure.
    Thomas
  4. That would depend on the phone model, I guess.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Well, the phone was a GE and priced at $12.99 and the battery from Radio Shack was $14.99.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    sdtom wrote

It was repairable and it is up and working. It turned out to be one of those things that looked a lot worse than it was. Believe me I'm very happy.
    Thomas cheesy

Great! Good to hear that everything worked out fine in the end!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    The computer is up and running which makes me happy cheesy
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Glad to hear that Tom beer
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    PawelStroinski wrote
    Yeah, that's the irony of today, getting a printer is cheaper than cartridges for it. I find it weird.

This printer thing is still confusing to me. At least in this case I priced the black ink and its only $17.00, $13.00 cheaper than the printer. But if I had to replace the color and the b&w cartridge it would be cheaper to buy a new machine again. Go figure.
    Thomas
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeAug 21st 2009
    I'm still working on organizing and putting CD's away.
    Thomas
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeAug 22nd 2009 edited
    (From another thread: )
    sdtom wrote
    Actually since I do plan on returning to SD my user name shall remain. Cryptic is merely to keep you guessing.
    Thomas

shocked

New developments, Tom?
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeAug 22nd 2009
    Not for the present Martijn. I think I will organize the CD's and just put away a bunch that I seldom listen to anymore. I'll concentrate on the material that I have the most interest in.
    Thomas