• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTintin
    • CommentTimeJun 12th 2009
    I saw the movie « Home » last week. An absolute must for anyone who loves cinematography. Yann Arthus-Bertrand’s photos of our planet taken from the air are absolutely breathtaking. We don’t learn much more than we already know about the miserable state of our environment but the dichotomomy between the (too) beautiful images shown and what we are actually doing to our environment is a bit jarring.
    For me, the music by Armand Amar is quite evocative, sombre and the most accessible one he has composed so far. There is a wide range of minimalism music for orchestra and choir. Also some action parts with energetic percussive moments turning into something you would think is composed by Philip Glass. There is an acoustic guitar piece and even a drum machine adding a more modern touch to the third part of the piece Home. This really suprised me coming from this composer. The last cue is a stunning piece featuring a female soprano voice.

The producers have made sure that their film is well distributed, see and accessible to everyone. So they have a theater release, a dvd release at a low price. The film is free and available now on youtube until June 14th in HD. The music by Armand Amar is at a low price of 3. 99 on itunes. All I can say is thank you!

Here is a documentary on the making of the music : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbZ-7WJC … re=channel

Film is here : English version http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqxENMKa … re=related

French version
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNGDj9IeAuI

Spanish version
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWRHxh6X … annel_page

Arabic Version
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9-k7wtS … re=channel

deutch Version

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbDmOt-v … annel_page
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    fireworks MARTIN!!! fireworks
    Good to see you again, bud!
    kiss

Where have you BEEN?
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Tightrope walking across Niagra falls probably!? .....pogo-sticking across the peaks of BANFF!?

One or the other anyway biggrin
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTintin
    Timmer wrote
    Tightrope walking across Niagra falls probably!? .....pogo-sticking across the peaks of BANFF!?

One or the other anyway biggrin

Ha ha I do enough of tightrope walking in class, thank you!
    Pogo-sticking... That would be fun but just on solid ground on the street here:) I would never get to Banff, I would be stuck in the tar sands of Alberta before getting there!! ( You can see those in the movie Home just have to stay on topic here smile )
    Did you hike in the Canadian Rockies Tim?

Martijn: lately? I've been in Western USA, Eastern Canada, Mexico and apart from that, mostly home.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Travelling?
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorTintin
    Yes in the last year and in a few weeks time, I'll be traveling just in the province not too far from here. Mountain hiking for a week. You have been traveling a lot Bregt? Fun hey?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Tintin wrote
    Yes in the last year and in a few weeks time, I'll be traveling just in the province not too far from here. Mountain hiking for a week. You have been traveling a lot Bregt? Fun hey?

Mountain hiking!? cool beer

Never been to Canada Martin but I sure would love to. It's just a bit intimidating size wise though dizzy smile
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    I'm watching this documentary, but I noticed there's music from earlier Amar scores, and other pieces too. I just heard Dionysus from that Pook woman.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Depressing film. sad
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeJun 13th 2009
    POOK!

I don't care about the film.
    That word's just made me happy again!

POOK!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTintin
    • CommentTimeJun 14th 2009
    Timmer wrote
    Tintin wrote

Never been to Canada Martin but I sure would love to. It's just a bit intimidating size wise though dizzy smile

They are but you have experience in Nepal don't you?!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Tintin wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Tintin wrote

They are but you have experience in Nepal don't you?!

Yes. But I wasn't talking about the mountains, I meant the size of the country. BANFF would be high on my list of places to visit. cool
    • CommentAuthorTintin
    Bregt wrote
    Depressing film. sad

Unfortunately it is. I had the same feeling at the end of Koyaanisqatsi. You wonder: What have we done? It doesn't prevent me from watching the film. The images and cinematography are outstanding. I wonder if the DVD has a narration Off button so we can just enjoy the music and cinematography.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJun 14th 2009 edited
    Bertrand's work is incredible whose work came to my attention when I bought his book Earth From Above, I'm going to have to get that DVD, it looks fantastic.